UK Politics XIII: The Kingdom for a Horse

Datepalm

on the whole I'm relieved that it is horsemeat that's been found in ready meals, you know considering all the alternatives out there wandering the streets, I think I'd rather tuck into Dobbin than Fido.

on the whole I'm relieved that it is horsemeat that's been found in ready meals, you know considering all the alternatives out there wandering the streets, I think I'd rather tuck into Dobbin than Fido.

Latest news - some of the horses may actually have been donkeys.

At least this was the last lost remains of a king in England since Alfred or so.

In Norway we only know of the remains of a handful of kings, although there's some strong suspicions that Harald Hardråde, who was killed at Stamford Bridge, is located somewhere in the sewers of Trondheim.

Bah, you know were most of them are :P (denmark or sweden)

Although I think Magnus Eriksson was lost at sea wasn't he?

:lol:

So we're about five days away from the soylent green revelations then.

I guess the bets are on for that.

The Swedish authorities have ordered large scale investigations of DNA of 100-150 ready meals sold by ICA, Coop etc (Swedish equivalent of Tesco's, Sainsbury's et al) so we are waiting with bated breath what sort of animals people have actually been eating. Apparently there has been a scandal in China where they had duck meat masquerade as beef and my husband was a bit hopeful that would be the case here, but it looks more likely to be donkey or maybe dog.

Ahahaha. Yeah, everyone knows that disturbing the final resting place of Evil King of Legend is bound to result in some vengeful spirit being unleashed. Quite typical that our British version should take his vengeance in such a petty and pedestrian way. :lol:

Ahahaha. Yeah, everyone knows that disturbing the final resting place of Evil King of Legend is bound to result in some vengeful spirit being unleashed. Quite typical that our British version should take his vengeance in such a petty and pedestrian way. :lol:

it will only be pedestrian once we've eaten all the horses.

And I see you lurking there all smug and vegetarian, mormont, they have probably been putting baby panda in your tofu too. :P

Mmmm, panda. :P

ETA: A horse walks into a bar. "Too late" says the bartender, "we're joking about the pope now". "He's right" sighs Richard III.

Archived