[[BOOK SPOILERS]] Shae

shiola

That would fit because TV Shae does actually love Tyrion so its unlikely she'd cheat.

What makes you think that? They only made her 'warmer' towards Sansa and gave her more lines. Otherwise their Tyrion-Shae relationship is very similar to the book.

And it wasn't 'cheating'. Tyrion knew what she was and Varys constantly reminded him of that.

I say Tywin kills her and Tyrion kills him.

That would be a total cop out by HBO and heralded as pretty terrible writing. HBO isn't NBC you know.

Would rather not think about it. It's going to be brutal, probably a harder scene to take watching it then reading it.

Will be interesting to see TV audience's reaction, will they begin to turn against Tyrion?

Will be interesting to see TV audience's reaction, will they begin to turn against Tyrion?

That's part of the reason why she has to die by Tyrion's hand. Otherwise it would be the equivalent of the letting Ned Stark live out his days on the wall or something else as ridiculous. "People like her! They're love!" Isn't a excuse crap all over a major POV from the books.

GRRMs characters are not 100% good or evil. Tyrion will kill her, no doubt about it. If they feel the need to further justify it, when she testifies it'll be super humiliating and full of half truths. Tyrion will do it, and take one step closer to being like Jamie.

Here here.

Her testimony and then jumping straight into tywins bed-especially after how tywin will treat tyrion this season and his other...plots...the audience will be reviled by her and him in equal measure and it will be a victory albeit, a small victory for aTyrion.

Que slow motion flashback of the strangling and the thrum of the cross bow...for the next 3 seasons...

Whoever moved this to the show forum... you might want to change the thread title ;)

Massive spoilers in the title of this thread! Someone get rid of them now! Change the title!

Sheesh, does no one ever think of the people who haven't read the books? I mean, I have read them, but lots of people haven't.

Seriously.

While I can appreciate wanting to speculate on plot points from the books and how they may or may not play out in the show, there has to be a balance in these discussions so everyone can take part on this board and not spoil it for those not in the know. And it has to start with the thread titles which can be seen on the main page of the board if they are the last posted in. So someone who may never dream of entering this section could still be spoiled by perusing the main board.

I'm I the only one who likes show Shea?

Book Shea, was more likable dead and her death manly made me feel bad Tyrion , but I will be sad to see Show Shea go.

Tywin will most likely do the deed, but if they do stay closer too the books, they will rip out the harts of a lot of people, and put them thew the blender

I'm I the only one who likes show Shea?

Book Shea, was more likable dead and her death manly made me feel bad Tyrion , but I will be sad to see Show Shea go.

Tywin will most likely do the deed, but if they do stay closer too the books, they will rip out the harts of a lot of people, and put them thew the blender

Show Shae is different to book Shae and I like the way they are telling the story on tv - but I feel it has to end the same way as the book

I think the writers will play up the tragedy of Shae's death in the show. I think that we will get additional scenes to explain how Cersei convinces Shae to testify against Tyrion - making her death really difficult for the viewers.

I'm kind of expecting them to change this one. They've not just changed Tyrion so much but Shae as well. She was there for him after the battle and asked him to run away from his family, giving up all the riches that would come from him staying with the Lannisters. That's huge. She's a kinder person overall, compare the book!Shae who joined in mocking Lollys to TV!Shae who helps and defends Sansa at her own risk. She's not a gold-digger out to play the game the best she can and survive but the archetypal "hooker with a heart of gold". And if they try to make her line up with book!Shae it will make her out-of-character from what they've established. The best they could do is some sort of Othello thing where Tyrion thinks Shae has betrayed him but she really hasn't.

Otherwise, I expect Tywin to kill her and Tyrion to kill him as revenge. Or for her to take Tysha's place with the whole "where do whores go?"

Book Shae is actually a much more realistic character. She is a young girl with no education whatsoever who was abused and turned into a whore. She has settled into this role, that's why she is making fun of women who can't handle rape and stuff. Especially since women like Lollys are supposed to be her betters, and should thus better deal with all challenges of life, since they are (supposedly) better trained.

Shae did the best she could in her game with Tyrion and the other mighty members of House Lannister. She is the victim here, not Tyrion. She is the victim of the nobility and the feudal system of Westeros in general, and the victim of Tyrion, Cersei, and Tywin in particular.

TV Shae is much more sophisticated and confident than book Shae, just as TV Tyrion is not as ugly and insecure as book Tyrion when it comes to emotions and relationships. That's why their relationship has changed, but the outcome will still be the same. It may even be more tragic because Tyrion and Shae could have left KL together at the end of season 2. But Tyrion did not want to go. Now they will both pay for that decision.

I'm kind of expecting them to change this one. They've not just changed Tyrion so much but Shae as well. She was there for him after the battle and asked him to run away from his family, giving up all the riches that would come from him staying with the Lannisters. That's huge. She's a kinder person overall, compare the book!Shae who joined in mocking Lollys to TV!Shae who helps and defends Sansa at her own risk. She's not a gold-digger out to play the game the best she can and survive but the archetypal "hooker with a heart of gold". And if they try to make her line up with book!Shae it will make her out-of-character from what they've established. The best they could do is some sort of Othello thing where Tyrion thinks Shae has betrayed him but she really hasn't.

Otherwise, I expect Tywin to kill her and Tyrion to kill him as revenge. Or for her to take Tysha's place with the whole "where do whores go?"

Who says that Varys didn't put her up to that? I still think that the shea from the show is a golddigger. The only thing that we see is that Tyrion loves her but still I think she's playing a game.

And don't forget that it takes 2 seasons to get to this point, we just got 2 seasons, so very much can change. I think we are going to see a darker side of tyrion the next season.

Archived