Walking Dead Season 3, Vol. 6 {No comics spoilers in here}

MisterOJ

Please keep all of your inferences about spoilers under spoiler tags Victarious. I'm already livid that you discussed characters in relationship to future episodes openly, even if you were trying to be cryptic. Just don't do it at all. keep discussion about what will happen under spoiler tags please.

Please keep all of your inferences about spoilers under spoiler tags Victarious. I'm already livid that you discussed characters in relationship to future episodes openly, even if you were trying to be cryptic. Just don't do it at all. keep discussion about what will happen under spoiler tags please.

Although I couldn't keep from reading, I fully agree, really wish you would put spoilers in a different thread since I can't help myself if I'm already in the thread, but I guess that's my problem.

Shane was a liar. I don't think he really checked on Rick. He wanted what Rick had, and saw the Zombies and never made it to the room. He left him for dead. Rick was in and out while in the hospital, but when He woke up he pulled a quite a few needles out of his arm.

I think this is wrong, I've never been under the impression that anything we are shown is subject to an unreliable narrator. If we only had Shane's account of it, then I could buy it, but since we see Shane there checking on him, I don't think Shane lied about it.

IMO the vast majority of the Zombies are rotting away. In the first season the hit the in the head, some times more then once but the zombie would have most of its head. In the last ep, Gov'ners new boy hit one and its head was just gone.

ZKotW was either that, or Daryl throwing the knife.

Yeah, that's what I thought and have been thinking throughout this season, at least post break, can't remember how it was prior ;) but you never know with a show like this where obviously a lot of "realism" is going to be sacrificed in order to tell the story they want to tell.

I think this is wrong, I've never been under the impression that anything we are shown is subject to an unreliable narrator. If we only had Shane's account of it, then I could buy it, but since we see Shane there checking on him, I don't think Shane lied about it.

The only thing I can possiblely think that Shane was there, was that Somebody pushed things against the door in Ricks room. (still don't know how they got out the room)

The only thing I can possiblely think that Shane was there, was that Somebody pushed things against the door in Ricks room. (still don't know how they got out the room)

But we saw it, when Shane told about it? The way I saw it, Shane was there, amidst zombies and military firing at live and undead indiscriminately, stressed out of his mind, trying to determine if it was possible to save Rick.

Morpheus, only read if you do not want to be spoiled of what happens in S3.

Merle dies

I can't say I am surprised, I never thought he would be a long term character at all. The absolute least surprising choice to kill off IMO and if they are only killing two characters at the end as I have read, I wonder if anyone from the prison will actually die. I figure they will kill the Gov, because he isn't interesting enough to bother keeping around for another season as the antagonist. I am inclined to believe that 2 deaths is substantially lower than we will actually see.

But we saw it, when Shane told about it? The way I saw it, Shane was there, amidst zombies and military firing at live and undead indiscriminately, stressed out of his mind, trying to determine if it was possible to save Rick.

I agree with this.

While it's true that Shane wanted what Rick had, and there is evidence that Rick and Lori were having marital issues pre-apocolypse, you can see Shane physically checking on Rick, and he later says, (paraphrasing), "maybe it was the stress, and the noise of all the gunshots, but he thinks he didn't hear a hearbeat."

I suppose my speculation is, is that despite what we know now that the Dr. told them they were all infected, Rick still could hold the key in reistance if he did die briefly, but didn't turn. It's rather like the Black Plaque where there were those that resisted the disease.

"In later centuries, it was a different story. Medical treatments helped to cope with the symptoms and affected people were quickly quarantined. Today, we have antibiotics that help to treat plague, and these would be effective against the Black Death strain. We have evolved too. People who were most susceptible to plague were killed, which probably left the most resistant survivors behind. Next, Poinar wants to look at the DNA of people buried in pre-plague and post-plague cemeteries to see if the Black Death had altered our own genome."

--Ed Yong, Discover

The whole article was really interesting in that they discovered that the disease also mutated, which really did a number on Medieval abilities to understand and deal with the disease.

Don't care how rotted they are, stabbing stuff in the boniest part of the body with a little knife just looks like fingers waiting to be cut off. Also in S1 at the CDC the Dr showed the reanimation and not a whole lot of the brain light up. Just that bit at the base, so is it enough to just damage some of the brain, or do you need to reach that little bit of active brain.

You would look a bit silly if you throw the knife and it just bounced of the zombies forehead.

I don't mean to be rude to you or Mikael, but I already warned and spoiler-tagged all the names or hints. I even told Mark Antony to spoiler-tag his posts.

If someone read, it was their fault not mine. I did use spoiler-tags. The season is not over so why would you read them?

I don't mean to be rude to you or Mikael, but I already warned and spoiler-tagged all the names or hints. I even told Mark Antony to spoiler-tag his posts.

If someone read, it was their fault not mine. I used spoiler-tags lol. The season is not over so why would you read them?

Except where you made reference to characters without spoiler tags...

You have edited your posts since I wrote mine. Thanks for fixing it, but you pretty much let the cat out of the bag for me, and I didn't click on your spoiler tags.

Oh, and writing a post saying how innocent you are of this after editing is kind of a dick move by the way. It is kind of like walking in to the kitchen and seeing a four year old standing over a broken jar with crumbs all over him swearing he didn't eat the cookies.

You have edited your posts since I wrote mine. Thanks for fixing it, but you pretty much let the cat out of the bag for me, and I didn't click on your spoiler tags.

Same.

I've never understood the desire to post spoilers before they happen. Isn't the whole point of a plot-based show to discover the story as it moves along? This is not a procedural where the status quo is maintained from season to season: characters grow and change each week. Posting spoilers about who is set to die just takes all the fun out of the discovery. Could we keep those out of this thread until the season is over? I know some people like to be in the know, but even in spoiler tags it doesn't really have a place in the thread.

And yeah, I agree with Vic, many characters just suck in TWD.

Don't read unless you want to know who dies:

Merle is one of my favourites, yet Glen Mazzadouche kills him off, most likely for dumb shock value. Daryl is one of the most overrated characters in TV. I prefered him when he was a lone wolf.

Oh, and writing a post saying how innocent you are of this after editing is kind of a dick move by the way. It is kind of like walking in to the kitchen and seeing a four year old standing over a broken jar with crumbs all over him swearing he didn't eat the cookies.

I wrote that post before realizing that. So it's not a dick move.

I wrote that post before realizing that. So it's not a dick move.

Cool... Everyone makes mistakes now and again. Thanks for being stand up about it and fixing yours. We have gone through a whole season without being spoiled in this thread after getting in huge arguments between online friends about the subject. I was just pretty pissed that you dropped a bomb like that. I will live.

I'm just asking that you be more careful in the future.

Cool... Everyone makes mistakes now and again. Thanks for being stand up about it and fixing yours. We have gone through a whole season without being spoiled in this thread after getting in huge arguments between online friends about the subject. I was just pretty pissed that you dropped a bomb like that. I will live.

I'm just asking that you be more careful in the future.

Ah I understand, I apologize. The last forum community I was a part of was a TWD spoiler community so they were 100% for all the spoilers (it was called spoiled or spoil something, don't know the site, I was an Admin on there.)

So I haven't quite gotten used to talking about the show in a non-spoilery manner. I don't want to ruin anyone's experience of this show, this is just the official TWD show thread (no comic spoilers I get) so I thought I'd give my two cents and maybe rant a little. But sometimes the ranting gets carried away and we make mistakes.

I hope I didn't give away too much.

I know some people like to be in the know, but even in spoiler tags it doesn't really have a place in the thread.

That is the whole point of spoiler tags, to put spoilers in a thread and give people the option to click or not to click. Of course, everyone discussing the spoiler has an obligation to hide their replies as well, but otherwise it definitely has a place in the thread as much an any other pertinent discussion.

I don't think there's so much suckiness going on, there's a lot of genericness, Glenn acting like he did about what happened to Maggie, Rick being fooled by villainous madman, Andrea going all soap opera on us, but there's a lot of good stuff too. I like Daryl, especially liked him during the Carol's child storyline, I liked Shane, how noone saw how right he was was beyond me, I like Rick in that he goes from some sort of naivitee to crazy and so on.

The show has its flaws, and I think they've messed up the Gov storyline much more than they did the farm - staying in the farm made sense, if only they had tried to secure it... But I think it's actually a good show, with room for improvement. (They shoud look for an island ;))

Archived