Walking Dead Season 3, Vol. 6 {No comics spoilers in here}

MisterOJ

Am I wrong in thinking that the zombies are shown as more gaunt in this season, like they were very slowly starving? Or have they always looked like that?

No, your not wrong.

In watching S1 "TS19," last night, they showed the Flashback scene when Rick was in the hospital. As Shane watched the Hospital workers were shot, but then a very FAST, and robust hoard of zombies came bursting through the doors, so as someone else said, it looks delliberate.

So how can there be so many zombies prowling around in the middle of nowhere? It's been a year since the outbreak, and we know that they starve, albeit slower than humans. There seems to be a great number of survivor groups and at this stage they seem to kill 100 zombies for every human killed. Also, everyone who is overwhelmed by the zombies seems to be eaten by them, so the only ones who could actually turn are those who are bitten and then escape, or the ones that die of other reasons. That means their ranks aren't growing at a significant levels. Shouldn't most of the zombies have been dead at this point?

Yes. To the extent large hordes were left in some abandoned cities, its not like they have a long range homing instinct for humans or anything. They seem to go more into hibernation when they don't sense any food, so it would seem that those hordes are most likely just to stay in those cities, and slowly die off.

And that's what kind of strikes me as odd about the hopelessness discussed in the CDC. Seems to me that someone would make the point you just made, looking at the long term. Long-term, the future should be okay. The hordes will die off after some number of years due to lack of food, being killed (which should become easier over time as they become slower/less mobile), or just decomposition. The number of new zombies should be relatively tiny, because the number of survivors is smaller, and people are now very alert to the danger.

Unless I've missed it, the "long-term hope" angle has never really been discussed, which seems extremely odd. In a horrible situation, looking for signs of hope should be the number 1 topic of conversation.

This Walking Dead/Homeland sketch is pretty great.

#AwkwardPrisonParty

That was awesome. I was incredibly surprised how well the actors nailed their impressions. If SNL had a cast this good, it might become funny again.

That was awesome. I was incredibly surprised how well the actors nailed their impressions. If SNL had a cast this good, it might become funny again.

that was pretty good but because the writers clearly understood what was silly about both shows and expected viewers to be familiar with both. not cause that cast was anything special, or in the same league as the current snl cast. the problem with snl now, and by now i really mean just the past year, because last season was very good, is all in the writing.

Their Walking Dead Mad Men one is very good as well.

The whole channel is pretty funny because the two main guys are so good at impressions.

Just watching the black and white version of S1, TS19, CDC episode.

I forgot how powerful it was, but, it brings me back to my initial confusion on Ricks state when they flashedback to when he was in the hospital. It really seems he died, and Shane being a cop would have some rudimentary understanding of CPR, or be able to judge if someone was dead or not, at least until the paramedics arrived, and he thought he was dead.

So, if he was, why didn't he turn? And if he wasn't, how did he survive off the life support he was on with no one to tend him?

Shane was a liar. I don't think he really checked on Rick. He wanted what Rick had, and saw the Zombies and never made it to the room. He left him for dead. Rick was in and out while in the hospital, but when He woke up he pulled a quite a few needles out of his arm.

After watching the black and white rerun of the CDC episode, I have to say it was a shame Dale didn't die in the first season, because he's the one who talked Andrea1 out of staying in the CDC when it blew.

Also, as good as the show is, I think it's actually better in B&W2.

1. :rofl: she finally got and still went back with him. :bang: :bang:

2. I thought the pilot ep was better, but I just did not think that would work on latter ep and stopped watching them. I guess I will have to go catch up with.

Am I wrong in thinking that the zombies are shown as more gaunt in this season, like they were very slowly starving? Or have they always looked like that?

IMO the vast majority of the Zombies are rotting away. In the first season the hit the in the head, some times more then once but the zombie would have most of its head. In the last ep, Gov'ners new boy hit one and its head was just gone.

ZKotW was either that, or Daryl throwing the knife.

If you can name me a better character, go on right ahead.

Daryl for one. Also Michonne, Glen, Rick, Hershel, Morgan, etc. Just my opinion though. I doubt Merle is the number 1 character in many peoples eyes and I fully expected Merle to die this season.

Actually I take that back, I like

Morgan

but they'll kill him off too.

Btw, let's put the names in spoiler tags so no one knows who lives or dies :P

EDIT:

Hershel: boring to me, Michonne: terrible overactor and kind of a douche, Glenn: was never the same after he hooked up with Maggie, Rick: they ruined his character, Morgan.. I'll give you Morgan, I fucking love Lennie James. But he's bound to die soon. Daryl? He died in 2x05. The Daryl we have is not the same person. Also, I didn't. I thought Merle would make it.

Archived