College Basketball Tourney 2013: 60 down, 4 to go

Rhom

That sucks, FA. Why didn't Kennedy take a TO there? Sure it gives the defense a chance to get set, but they just looked lost on offense.

That was my question as well. They obviously had no clue what to do. And as that commercial with the astronaut has reminded me time and time again... Ole Miss certainly knows that 2.5 seconds is enough time to get off a winning play.

Of course, Kennedy may have been concerned about the possibility that Henderson might celebrate by snorting coke off a fat co-ed's chest right there at mid court had he hit a game winner in that situation. :smileysex:

ETA: Great season though FA. For a time, they really looked like the SEC's best. I'd like to see this be a turning point for Kennedy, I really like him. And I'm one of the weird non Mississippi fans who really likes Henderson too! :lol:

That sucks, FA. Why didn't Kennedy take a TO there? Sure it gives the defense a chance to get set, but they just looked lost on offense.

I was screaming for it. Maybe he was hoping for a repeat of the Vandy game early in the year, but even if they'd gotten Henderson a quick look from 35 feet that's a 1 in 10 chance at best. As it was, the inbounder (White?) just pitched it in to Summers who understandably panicked. Either way I'm eager to read AK's postgame comments.

And as that commercial with the astronaut has reminded me time and time again... Ole Miss certainly knows that 2.5 seconds is enough time to get off a winning play.

Yup, that's exactly what I was thinking!

Of course, Kennedy may have been concerned about the possibility that Henderson might celebrate by snorting coke off a fat co-ed's chest right there at mid court had he hit a game winner in that situation. :smileysex:

:rofl:

ETA: Great season though FA. For a time, they really looked like the SEC's best. I'd like to see this be a turning point for Kennedy, I really like him. And I'm one of the weird non Mississippi fans who really likes Henderson too! :lol:

Indeed, and that's why I can't be too upset about losing tonight. To be picked no higher than sixth in the conference preseason and make this run, well needless to say it was a pleasant surprise. I think this will be a turning point for AK, at least in the eyes of fans. He's gotten the monkey off his back and proven that he can lead a team through a tournament grind. It's long been argued by his supporters that considering the circumstances he's done a great job since he's been there, and I have to agree. Our facilities are pure shit, our fan support sucks, our recruiting base is only so-so, and yet he puts a competitive product on the court each year.

Next season will be a rebuilding year. As limited as Holloway and Buckner were in some ways (they call those throws FREE for a reason), their inside presence will be sorely missed. We need the two post guys who went down with injuries this year to come back healthy in a big way if we hope to compete. Unfortunately neither is the offensive threat Holloway has been.

Also, who knows whether Henderson will take off and go play in Europe or something. He's got another year of eligibility but you can never tell.

Was pulling hard for LaSalle there. SEC loyalty be damned for a game.

That's cool, I'll be rooting for FGCU next week, because they're just that damned awesome. :)

I was shocked to discover that one of my 3 brackets is still showing signs of life, with 6 of my Elite 8 still standing. Of course, this is my chalky bracket, so if it ends up doing well, so will all the other chalky brackets that did better in the first couple rounds. (And other than the wacky West, its a very chalky Sweet 16, with only FGCU and a very badly seeded Oregon breaking it up)

Also, it has Gonzaga loses in the final, so that's a kick in the teeth. But its better than my other two brackets (one of which is at the 12.3 percentile in the ESPN challenge!)

My brackets are kind of a mess, the good thing is that my final four teams are still viable. But, at this point, I don't care about my brackets - I'm just so happy with how well the Cards are playing. This weekend was fun to watch. And wow on Florida Gulf Coast - I had never even heard of that school before.

Louisville does look really good.

Interesting factoid from my three hour drive of ESPN radio yesterday... Prior to UofL this weekend, 15 teams have won their first two games by 25 points or more. Of those, only North Carolina a few years ago won the title.

CBS tweeted out this morning that this was the highest rated weekend in 23 years.

:stunned:

That's crazy. No UK, highest ratings ever....

:leaving:

Meanwhile in Minnesota....

I feel bad for Tubby. I think he did about as good as can be expected at that job.

Absurd. Here comes Bruce Pearl?

Absurd. Here comes Bruce Pearl?

Isn't his show cause in effect for another year?

I heard they might make a run at Shaka Smart since the AD who hired him at VCU has moved on to Minn, but I don't think Smart would take that job. Buzz Williams makes sense though.

ETA: I too am a fan of Tubby and thought he did a fine job at Minnesota, so this was a shock to me.

Still?? Wow, I didn't think it was that long. And yes, you're right, I just looked it up and it's in effect until 8-23-14.

I heard they might make a run at Shaka Smart since the AD who hired him at VCU has moved on to Minn, but I don't think Smart would take that job. Buzz Williams makes sense though.

ETA: I too am a fan of Tubby and thought he did a fine job at Minnesota, so this was a shock to me.

Marquette is a much better job than Minnesota, much better.

Maybe Howland. His type of basketball would fit in well with the rest of the B1G.

I'll admit that I had never heard of the Villa 7 before reading that article about Tubby getting canned. Interesting.

Maybe Howland. His type of basketball would fit in well with the rest of the B1G.

Wouldn't that be ironic... Tubby beats Howland, thereby putting the final nail in his UCLA coffin; but doesn't do enough to save his own job so Howland winds up there! :lol:

Wouldn't that be ironic... Tubby beats Howland, thereby putting the final nail in his UCLA coffin; but doesn't do enough to save his own job so Howland winds up there! :lol:

This is college sports, so of course it will work out that way. Come on!

I just can't see Shaka leaving a place where he is worshiped to go to a job like Minnesota. UCLA, maybe, but MN? No.

Archived