Guess who knows where Tysha is . . .

nekrohsis

@nekrohsis Totally missed that Littlefinger hired the dwarves from Braavos. Nice catch. I'm all for the "Sailor's wife is Tysha". And about Lanna; I always think of Lann the Clever, whenever I hear her name. Possible heir to house Lannister (if Tyrion manage to claim Casterly Rock) and perhaps as clever as Lann? Lanna the Shrewd?

I sincerely hope that Tyrion gets reunited with Tysha. I don't care if Dany ever reclaim the throne or if Arya becomes a Faceless (Wo)man.

That's possible.

It would be really interesting if Baelish knows and could use her to annul Sansa's marriage.

Did Tywin annul the marriage between Tysha and Tyrion? If he did this won't work. But if it wasn't annulled, I can see LF digging up Tysha to annul Sansa and Tyrion's marriage so he can have Sansa to himself. Technically though he doesn't need this as Sansa and Tyrion never consumated.

Very cool theory though, I've been toying with it myself. Doing a reread now and am keepinga sharp eye for all these little pieces.

Honestly, the likelihood of a 13-year-old staying alive, never mind pregnant, after a gang-rape, with the kind of healthcare available in Westeros, seems rather small to me. It's extremely likely that she would have caught an infection that would have taken her fertility if not her life. Some time ago someone post a link of a very relevant interview with an OB/gyn who treats gang-raped girls in Congo. He said he couldn't save most of them, particularly when they were very young, and most of those he did save remained incontinent for the rest of their lives. I know GRRM likes to think that no one ever dies of a gang rape, but I don't think a woman could work as a whore if she was incontinent.

I agree with Gerion as the Sailor's Wife's husband.

Honestly, the likelihood of a 13-year-old staying alive, never mind pregnant, after a gang-rape, with the kind of healthcare available in Westeros, seems rather small to me. It's extremely likely that she would have caught an infection that would have taken her fertility if not her life. Some time ago someone post a link of a very relevant interview with an OB/gyn who treats gang-raped girls in Congo. He said he couldn't save most of them, particularly when they were very young, and most of those he did save remained incontinent for the rest of their lives. I know GRRM likes to think that no one ever dies of a gang rape, but I don't think a woman could work as a whore if she was incontinent.

This happened in the A Time to Kill movie IIRC. The girl got gang raped young and then couldn't have children after that. I also remember a case on Oprah only it was a baby and she couldn't even walk right.

Anyways, I'm not saying it's impossible but the Sailor's Wife as Tysha doesn't make sense to me. I agree that it's Lifetime ish for Tyrion to see Tysha again.

Arya does not make a Lannister connection and being Cat would not prevent her from doing so. I don't believe she "knows" if there is anything to know here.

snip...

Arya does not make a Lannister connection and being Cat would not prevent her from doing so. I don't believe she "knows" if there is anything to know here.

Just to clarify, I'm not saying being Cat prevents her from making the connection, just that its possible we don't hear about the connection in the chapter because its not a chapter where Arya is POV, its a Cat of the Canals chapter.

I think we're shown this when Arya kills Dareon, we don't get a single word of text about it. Cat walks into the alley with Dareon an then the next line is "she plunked the black boots on the table in front of Brusco" (paraphrasing).

I don't want Tyrion to find Tysha. Not only is it contrived, but I feel like Tyrion's character would be better served if he doesn't get that reunion, he doesn't get to apologize, but has to come to terms with what happened himself and ultimately move past it. I think the real character growth would come from never finding Tysha but accepting what had happened.

Absolutely agree

Tyrion would gladly give up Sansa for having back the Tysha he loved. And if this is a way to get rid of the little girl Sansa he remembers in a honorable manner he would be fine with it. Only I cannot imagine that Tywin was so careless to allow Tysha to leave alive if the marriage was not clearly annulled or invalid from the beginning.

But Tysha the adult would be a completely different person, a grown woman with a life and a personality Tyrion does not know. And Tyrion is not the boy she remembers anymore.

Tyrion has to come to terms with himself before he can start a deep relationship with another person.

Finding Tysha and a happy reunion just like that might easily be a step backwards in his development (and cheesy writing by the author) although I very much hope that Martin will prove Tyrion wrong in his belief that no one can love him for himself.

If, big IF, the author intends a happy ending with a love interest for Tyrion there could only be a very different Tysha, to start the relationship from scratch or a much more adult Sansa to start from scratch.......and then after a happy night Martin kills the characters off since no one is safe.

But I think Tysha is meant by the author as quest for character development, Tyrion's holy grail, she will indeed never be found.

Though maybe someone like Baelish will present a fake Tysha in order to invaliditate the Tyrion-Sansa marriage and to lure Tyrion back and kill him.

And, crackpot, it might be Sansa who warns and saves him.

I don't want Tyrion to find Tysha. Not only is it contrived, but I feel like Tyrion's character would be better served if he doesn't get that reunion, he doesn't get to apologize, but has to come to terms with what happened himself and ultimately move past it. I think the real character growth would come from never finding Tysha but accepting what had happened.

i fully agree. tysha is tyrion's cross to bear and he will either overcome it and learn to live with his actions or succumb to it and be forever searching for the unattainable. a reunion between the two can NEVER lead to anything but additional pain. there is not apologizing or reconciliation possible. i can't understand people who are hoping for a happy ever after for this pair.

Honestly, the likelihood of a 13-year-old staying alive, never mind pregnant, after a gang-rape, with the kind of healthcare available in Westeros, seems rather small to me. It's extremely likely that she would have caught an infection that would have taken her fertility if not her life.

---snip---

good grief, this!

It seems unthinkable that Tywin would have failed to have the marriage legally anulled.

yes, otherwise there is always the possibility that tysha reappears with a blond son and claims it is her husband tyrion's child. tywin would never leave that window open.

There was a thread about this a while back in which it was mentioned that, according to the SSM, a marriage could only be annulled if one of the two participants came forward and asked the High Septon for it. Tyrion never did this, and it's highly unlikely Tysha did. Annulling the marriage would only draw more attention; Tywin probably just swept it under the rug and pretended it never happened. No one will listen to a common girl who'll say she's secretly married to the heir of Casterly Rock, and Tywin thinks he can force his son to marry a more suitable woman.

A side note--I read a book on human mutants that mentioned that a side effect of dwarfism is late-onset puberty. Some men with the condition don't sexually mature until age twenty. So if we're being completely biologically accurate here, then Tyrion shouldn't have been able to successfully copulate at age thirteen. Of course, the only way it could be proved Lanna was his daughter would be if she actually gave birth to a dwarf, but wouldn't Tywin just be spinning in his grave if he knew the legal heir to Casterly Rock was a whore?

Tyrion would gladly give up Sansa for having back the Tysha he loved. And if this is a way to get rid of the little girl Sansa he remembers in a honorable manner he would be fine with it.

this made me think of what could have been during the wedding night: tyrion reaches for sansa and moans "tysha" while lost in the moment recreating robert and cersei's tragic night. thank goodness it did not happen.

But I think Tysha is meant by the author as quest for character development, Tyrion's holy grail, she will indeed never be found.

Though maybe someone like Baelish will present a fake Tysha in order to invaliditate the Tyrion-Sansa marriage and to lure Tyrion back and kill him.

And, crackpot, it might be Sansa who warns and saves him.

i agree that she is tyrion's holy grail and that baelish may indeed create a false tysha. it would be very interesting if sansa comes to tyrion's rescue.

Annulling the marriage would only draw more attention; Tywin probably just swept it under the rug and pretended it never happened. No one will listen to a common girl who'll say she's secretly married to the heir of Casterly Rock, and Tywin thinks he can force his son to marry a more suitable woman.

tyrion's marriage to tysha was not secret, only the ceremony was. we know that at the least littlefinger knows about it and it is more than likely that others knew about it, too.

finally, tywin is not one to sweep things under the rug. he didn't see to it that his father's mistress had an accident and quietly disappeared. he paraded her through the streets, forever discrediting any claim she may have brought forth. he would not have ignored tysha and left her to her fate.

The point is, Tywin can't legally annul the marriage. Only Tyrion or Tysha could, and there's no evidence to support the fact that either of them did so.

The marriage wasn't exactly legal to begin with, there were pigs for witnesses and the ceremony was done by a drunk septon

Archived