Dexter: The Final Season

Commodore

In her journals Vogel had Dexter written down as "Subject 0", which makes me think that these other psychos, and her "alternative ways of treating them" are her trying to copy what they did with Dexter. The rub is that these other subjects subjects are true psychopaths so the codes she's made for them doesn't stick.

Dexter seems to be somewhat in the middle of being a psychopath and a normal guy.

Still trying to think of worse ways they could have ended that episode, haven't come up with anything yet.

Deb is saved from drowning but she doesn't regain consciousness fast enough to save Dexter and he drowns. The rest of the season has Deb as a protagonist, sobbing, whining, crying, whining, swearing and whining.

Deb is saved from drowning but she doesn't regain consciousness fast enough to save Dexter and he drowns. The rest of the season has Deb as a protagonist, sobbing, whining, crying, whining, swearing and whining.

Besides having to put up with Debs whining all the time it would have been a ballsy move to kill the title character off mid-season.

hahaha yeah, gonna have to agree with you there. Although I think we're gonna have to put up with Deb's "sobbing, whining, crying, whining, swearing and whining" for the rest of the season regardless haha.

Sigh.

That was a painfully obvious ending to that episode. Hopefully Dex will ignore Deb for a while now and focus on the damn task at hand.

I like how they tried to create tension in that last scene,

as if anyone would think that Dexter might actually die there.

Lol, I was thinking the same thing. When she went back under and they just zoomed out on the water I thought they were going to end it there. What a cliffhanger that would have been :rolleyes:

They should have had the guy save Dexter and let Deb drown (while Dex is unconscious). I can't even imagine how much the show would have improved.

Yeah that would work. Dexter would either go off the deep end and implode, thinking the Code is worthless as Deb considered him a monster even when he followed it. Or he could go the other way and think with Deb gone, Dr. Vogel is now only one left who knows what he is, so she needs to go and then he's in the clear.

I'm still wondering why the writers keep forcing the most boring and irritating cast of secondary characters ever on us. Who the hell cares about any of them anymore?

I can't remember if the B plots were that lame in s1, 2 and 3.? (i remember the side plots in S4 being particularly excruciating)

I'm still wondering why the writers keep forcing the most boring and irritating cast of secondary characters ever on us. Who the hell cares about any of them anymore?

I can't remember if the B plots were that lame in s1, 2 and 3.? (i remember the side plots in S4 being particularly excruciating)

I have always thought that anything not Dexter has been the weak point of the show. The exception are antagonists, and Rita. Rita was an excellent foil for Dexter.

masuka's daughter?! wtf? who cares?

masuka's daughter?! wtf? who cares?

There needs to be a point to this but given the show's track record I'm not holding my breath. Potential target for "the most obvious murderer in a TV show ever"? I couldn't believe that Angel was "who would have thought it could have been the kid". Same goes for Dexter's new neighbour - why bother at this stage in the show?

I was a bit disappointed with the brain murderer. I maybe was focusing on my meal rather than the killer/vogel dialogue but was their any explanation for him suddenly having a different MO and killing other killers from her book? Hopefully there's more to it otherwise this was like a sub-par "sylar" (he even looked a bit like Zach Quinto).

At least they seemed to get through the Deb-acle of the attempted suicide/murder with minimum angst. The show still needs a stronger drive for the season. It seemed they were getting straight into it with Vogel but it's floundered since then. Not many episodes left - make them count.

Yates can't be the brain surgeon. The BS knew Dexter was helping Vogel way before, which is why he sent the 'his & her' brain sections. Yates, on the other hand was surprised to see that Vogel had a 'friend' working with her. Surely the showrunners didn't overlook that?

Yates can't be the brain surgeon. The BS knew Dexter was helping Vogel way before, which is why he sent the 'his & her' brain sections. Yates, on the other hand was surprised to see that Vogel had a 'friend' working with her. Surely the showrunners didn't overlook that?

It wouldn't be the final season of Dexter without some fuck all big plot hole somewhere.

You'd think they could come up with a decent ending arc for the final season without this killer of the week filler crap

Dexter should have been on the run or one step ahead of getting found out by the police the entire season.

And they fake a game changing event but don't follow through. Deb confesses, but not really. Deb kills herself and Dexter, but not really.

You'd think they could come up with a decent ending arc for the final season without this killer of the week filler crap

Dexter should have been on the run or one step ahead of getting found out by the police the entire season.

And they fake a game changing event but don't follow through. Deb confesses, but not really. Deb kills herself and Dexter, but not really.

I think that is because it is building up Vogel's plot. Notice how she knew exactly what strings to pull on Yates? Vogel is a mastermind mind-fucker and is still using Dexter to kill off her potential blackmailers. She loves to play the mother, to more than just Dexter, and when she tells her "children" to kill men that threaten her and them, they do it. She taught them a code and knows exactly how to work within and around it.

This is why i felt I had missed something, when at the end of the episode, they are throwing out the brain samples and patting each others' backs on a case solved. Considering Dexter's supposed to be "right" when he kills his victims it's very sloppy. I guess they know he is a killer at least but still...

Archived