Tattooing: The Sequel-Not Loved Enough as Children...

MercenaryChef

• 2 weeks later...

I colored the picture to get an idea of how it would look next week

I didn't realize before that the parts that come up and wrap around her look more like vines than roots. (at least in my opinion, and the coloring of it green does enhance that look)

Does anyone not think it looks like vines? I would like them a pretty dark green, really just shy of and blending in with the black. (I am limited by my oil pastel colors, but I tried to make it fairly dark)

I also like the brown fairly dark and blending in with the black.

Looks great!

Thanks

I love it. It's a great concept and execution. I particularly love the red leaves.

Thank you. I love the red as well...it was the one part I didn't leave up to the artist

Lany, its lovely. Its great to see it all done finally. you've been planning this one since we met, I think!

:lol: I have! And thank you. It has been a long time in the planning, but it was certainly worth the long wait

Looks fantastic Lany! :)

Got the Biffy Clyro logo on my wrist, lyrics on my chest (Nothing lasts forever, except you and me) and a map of Scotland with a saltire through it. Shall post pics when not on phone.

Getting a sleeve done in next year or two.

Looks great, Lany. I'm really loving the placement.

Thanks. Once upon a time, I thought of putting it on my lower back, but just recently started rethinking it. When I finally decided on the shoulder area, I also decided to make the leaves wrap around onto the arm somewhat.

I can't say how happy I am with my decision to not get it on my lower back.

• 1 month later...

Guys, what do you think of my tattoo idea? I am a pretty big gamer, and this is the logo of my favourite race of my favourite RTS StarCraft, a game I've been playing since 2003, and it also looks very cool in my opinion.

http://anttilepisto.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/protoss-logo.png

I thought of getting it tribal style with that blue power ball and sparks being purple coloured instead of blue, but I might just get the design like in that pic also with the purple colour.

I am probably going to get the tattoo somewhere in August.

Dude, don't get it (or anything ever) tribal style. That's like getting a pair of Zubaz permanently fused to your body

I think it really depends on the design and if you are attached to what you wish to tattoo, and I am. However, after seeing that particular pic I linked, I am leaning toward having it more/exactly like in the pic, bar the switching blue with purple. Never heard about Zubaz, they look funny but I'd not go near them in a clothing store.

Yags, that tattoo looks damn cool!

Archived