Tattooing: The Sequel-Not Loved Enough as Children...

MercenaryChef

I really appreciate the input/advice.

I had my son measure the area, and I actually have closer to 8"

While I have little artistic talent, I traced some of the elements together that I want, to give a clearer picture of what I am looking for. Basically, I want to be able to convey my ideas very clearly to my artist (I think it could take 2 meetings, one to discuss what I want and set up the appointment to do the actual work)

This is close to what I want (but of course in one style and the crescent moons more blended into the tree branches (branch shaped crescents actually) like I said, I don't have a lot of artistic skill ;) )

I am planning on the beginning of April, so I have 2 months, but I like to have things all planned out in advance :)

I *love* this design. I actually looked at a similar one recently, and put it on my future list. My SO is looking into getting the Gojira tree-head thing too. Can't wait to see yours!

Thanks, Kay.

Got my Conan tattoo touched up last night. I didn't realize how much the artist was planning on doing. I thought maybe she would go in and fix a couple of blown-out lines, maybe fill in some shading here and there where it had healed patchily. But instead she basically re-lined the entire piece and re-shaded it most of it too. Ended up doing an 80-minute touch-up on a 2-hour tattoo. Looks much better, though. Hopefully it heals cleanly.

Something for future consideration. You may have a tattoo you are not particularly fond of, and there are only 2 choices, laser removal, which can be nasty, or covering the tattoo with a new, usually bigger, tattoo.

A researcher at Dalhousie University in Nova Scotia is developing a tattoo removing cream. http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/alec-falkenham-dalhousie-student-develops-tattoo-removal-cream-1.2955334?cmp=fbtl&utm_content=bufferd4665&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

During tattooing, ink is injected into the skin. The ink initiates an immune response, and cells called "macrophages" move into the area and "eat up" the ink.

The macrophages carry some of the ink to the body's lymph nodes. But some of those macrophages that are filled with ink stay put, embedded in the skin. That's what makes the tattoo visible under the skin.

Falkenham's topical cream works by targeting the macrophages that have remained at the site of the tattoo. New macrophages move in to consume the previously pigment-filled macrophages and then migrate to the lymph nodes, eventually taking all the dye with them.

There's no injection and no inflammation, and Falkenham says the tattoo should fade away.

Got my next piece picked out, just have to wait until I have the disposable income to afford it -- maybe next month, maybe the one after. Not sure about what color I want, or what texture. Might just do it in black. The tattooer is a huge fan of Shadowrun so she's cutting me a steep discount. I have to admit that I have some reservations about a tribal piece, especially since it's not my tribe, but not enough to not get it.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/de/thumb/a/a6/Shadowrun-logo.svg/467px-Shadowrun-logo.svg.png

• 2 weeks later...

It was Odie, yeah.

Grogmosh's tattoo technically wasn't blue, though. He's a half-tattoo-brother. :P

Jess, those look very nice and I like the idea of having complementary, not matching, tats. Very sweet. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks! I'd love to see the blue roses if any of you have pics. We used existing medieval heraldry (Irish harp and Tudor/Tyrell rose) to make it more ASOIAF-looking. Did anyone else think to do that or did you lean more towards traditional roses?

X-Ray has a heraldic rose, but the rest of us had all different types

This is mine. I have a rose for each of my kids

Who were the six again? You, me, Morm, Grogmosh, Mich, and ??

Odie and Ghosts Companion...guess that is 7

And I had my consultation today and made my appointment for my tree goddess: April 11! Can't wait.

Archived