I Confess

Fragile Bird

I don't like the taste of beer but will often drink it in bars because its cheap and it lasts longer than the drinks I prefer.

I sometimes have wondered if a number of people on this board have me on their "ignore" list.

I think Bruce Willis and Kid Rock are hot.

Bruce Willis is way hot. Kid Rock is not hot, but I will admit that I love his live shows and will drive 3 states over to see him... :blushing:

I was drunk at my mates house and this hippy / viking type guy I know was there. I mean, really really drunk. I ended up in bed with him despite the fact I repeatedly asked him if he had a girlfriend and he said yes.

As if this wasn't bad enough, I ended up asking him to call me Khaleesi while we were at it, and didn't even remember this til I was walking through town and saw a poster for GoT. I was frigging mortified! Did get nicely toasted with him the morning after though so he can't have been too put off. :uhoh:

I'm a terrible human being

If you have a subscription, you can download the audio which will be read in a proper accent to liven things up. And when I saw "proper," I mean the type of stuff where "Barack Obama" is somehow pronounced "Barack Obamer."
You have to get in a
state of mind to read the Economist. There's plenty of understated British snark, if you look hard enough, even if hte writers are American.

ETA: added an Onion link

I was drunk at my mates house and this hippy / viking type guy I know was there. I mean, really really drunk. I ended up in bed with him despite the fact I repeatedly asked him if he had a girlfriend and he said yes.

As if this wasn't bad enough, I ended up asking him to call me Khaleesi while we were at it, and didn't even remember this til I was walking through town and saw a poster for GoT. I was frigging mortified! Did get nicely toasted with him the morning after though so he can't have been too put off. :uhoh:

About ten guys at NSA, just wet themselves.

HAHAHAH

you're not a terrible person

this is ace

I confess that I too hate beer and never developed a taste for wine.

I have moderated my taste and now order steaks medium well rather than my prior favorite, well done.

I sometimes feel guilty for having chosen to be a stay at home Mom rather than practice law.

However, I confess that I'm way better at being a Mom than I would have ever been at being a lawyer, so my guilt doesn't last too long.

I confess that I too hate beer and never developed a taste for wine.

I have moderated my taste and now order steaks medium well rather than my prior favorite, well done.

I sometimes feel guilty for having chosen to be a stay at home Mom rather than practice law.

However, I confess that I'm way better at being a Mom than I would have ever been at being a lawyer, so my guilt doesn't last too long.

I hate beer as well and eat my steaks rare. I'd be willing to bet you're an amazing mom so that would make you a damn good lawyer.

I confess that I still believe that Appetite for Destruction is the best album EVER.

I have to sing karaoke once a week to keep my sanity and I'M REALLY BAD AT IT.

I sometimes refer to my son as "the dishwasher" when he's not around.

I confess that I still believe that Appetite for Destruction is the best album EVER.

Lol, everytime I go out and there's a karaoke I HAVE to partake, either that or I'll drag my friends out to a place that has karaoke, they're always really embarrassed, I wish they'd just join in! :P It's so much fun though, I love it.

he he, when we moved into this house, there was a space under the kitchen bench, my sister commented you could fit a dishwasher under there, my son crawled in there and said"yes, but only just"

my confession is, i lurk too much, and dont always reply to stuff when i should. :uhoh:

You know the size of a small developing country? A little bigger than that.

Nice.

• I like some of you better than my real life friends.

Glad I'm not the only one.

To add another (although this isn't really so much of a confession as an observation), I get a certain perverse amusement out of watching people take out their cellphones and pretend to do stuff on them as a method of avoiding possible impending eye-contact with strangers. It's a particularly prevalent behaviour among people my own age, apparently.

I also hate people that huff and puff when they're in a long line somewhere, because obviously they're SO goddamn busy, and their life's SO important, that they apparently need to commiserate with the other line-standers (I mean it's different if the cashier or whatever is clearly incompetent, but when the person is obviously sweating it with a line six people long -- it happened to me in CVS the other day -- it just makes me hate the huffer-and-puffer with an irrational amount of rage).

I get a certain perverse amusement out of watching people take out their cellphones and pretend to do stuff on them as a method of avoiding possible impending eye-contact with strangers. It's a particularly prevalent behaviour among people my own age, apparently.

I totally do this.

To add another (although this isn't really so much of a confession as an observation), I get a certain perverse amusement out of watching people take out their cellphones and pretend to do stuff on them as a method of avoiding possible impending eye-contact with strangers. It's a particularly prevalent behaviour among people my own age, apparently.

I do this, particularly in elevator in my building, or when I get stuck eating lunch with the colleague I don't like. In the former, it means I get to avoid meeting my neighbors. In the latter...I really don't want to talk to her and the only way she leaves me alone is if I am looking at my phone. I check a lot of baseball scores and send inane messages to lots of people.

I confess that if I get home and there's no post waiting for me, it makes me sad.

:(

Same. Even though all I usually get is junk mail and bills. And those stupid charity donation bags.

I confess I always use those charity donation bags as bin liners. Haven't had to buy a roll of black sacks in years. Do the rest of the country get bombarded with them this heavily as well?

Archived