I Confess

Fragile Bird

Also, I share a game lab with 8 other people. We run gaming research projects there and also use it for a research assistant office. A few weeks ago, I brought in a cardboard life-sized Justin Beiber and put it in the corner beneath the lights (so that when people came into the office, they would turn on the light and it would look like he has a halo).

Hahaha!

+100!

That is so awesome.

My fiancées new favorite movie is Pitch Perfect. I bought her the DVD for her birthday, she watches it ALL the time. I told her I really don't mind it.

But every time she put it on, I pushed back proposing to her for another two weeks.

I really hope when you propose you tell her that lovely little anecdote and then time how long it takes for her to tear you a new one :D

Pitch Perfect is awesome sauce. End. Of.

N

I really hope when you propose you tell her that lovely little anecdote and then time how long it takes for her to tear you a new one :D

Pitch Perfect is awesome sauce. End. Of.

N

I actually already proposed... As to letting her in on our little secret, yeah, not gonna happen, haha

The wasp trap is now jammed full of wasps. Not all of them are dead. The ants drank so much of the sugar water before I killed them off with the ant poison there wasn't enough water left to drown the wasps. I didn't think there would be any wasps in there, since the trap initially only attracted the ants. What am I supposed to do with a large wasp nest-shaped bottle of wasps now? :uhoh:

That's what you get for being a cold-blooded murder! :D I'd put on a pair of gloves and put something like foil over the top to cut of the oxygen supply.

That's what you get for being a cold-blooded murder! :D I'd put on a pair of gloves and put something like foil over the top to cut of the oxygen supply.

I think I will put on a pair of rose gauntlets and lift the top, and pour in more sugar water. The wasp trap has a hole in the bottom they crawl into, a well about an inch deep around that hole that should be full of water to drown the little devils, and a stopper on top to pour in the fluid. If I am too slow the risk is a wasp will fly out the top and sting me.

They got the death sentence for eating my blackberries. The ants got the death sentence for finding the wasp trap, and because they were likely eating my garage. :ack:

Apparently, I have some crap to confess that I didn't think was a big deal 'til I read the latest posts in this thread.

• There's a lot that I don't tell Mr. ES (and if any of you tell him this stuff in San Antonio, I will kick your A$$ and feel really bad about it after the fact.). For instance, I watch Supernatural reruns constantly when I'm home alone. I would tell you it's for the storylines and fine acting, but it's really because of the two young hotties (who are young enough to be my kids, I think.) who star in it. And the car. The car is awesome. I don't tell him stuff like this because not communicating everything is the key to a successful marriage.
  • I saw a lizard on the sun porch last weekend (it was big. Not dragon big, but still...) and pretended I didn't so that Mr. ES would have to catch it and carry it outside and I wouldn't.
  • I have a very bad, bad shoe/boot addiction. And I am not interested in seeking help for it. SO, I've got to cull a bit this weekend. Am considering using my glittery/embrodiered cowboy boots as decor for a bedroom because I cannot part with them.
  • I ate so much garlic in fresh bruschetta over the last three days that I now qualify as one of Dany's dragons. DRACARYS!!!!!!!!

I feel better. Thanks.

I love you for this. LOVE. :D

Yeah, I love you for this as well. I want to make you my new best friend.

LOL. You can get your own!

https://www.wallyspartyfactory.com/products/justin-bieber-red-pants-cardboard-cutout-70-x-23/

I got old school Beiber like the one in this image. I actually have to get him out of there today. The head power-that-be saw him and said:

TPTB: "We can't have people coming to the lab to participate having Justin Beiber watch over them."

Other guy in lab, "We could have a separate condition, to see if Beiber helps people learn, OR, hinders them. The Beiber condition."

TPTB: "No. Just no."

So, I'm sneaking in today to smuggle him out. My husband wants to take him to work and put him in various strategic positions that will scare the crap out of people when the come around the corner.

My friend bought it for me as a joke, so I put it in my guest room and every time I'd go in there, I would seriously jump out of my skin because I thought it was a real person for a split second.

(mourns the loss of the Beiber lab!)

And the car. The car is awesome. I don't tell him stuff like this because not communicating everything is the key to a successful marriage.

The car is awesome. Plus that show is the reason I discovered Carry On by Kansas.

The car is awesome. Plus that show is the reason I discovered Carry On by Kansas.

And they're funny as all get out. I adore Crowley. I would leave Mr. ES for him, even if he is the King of Hell. :)

And they're funny as all get out. I adore Crowley. I would leave Mr. ES for him, even if he is the King of Hell. :)

I'm only as far as early Season 2...I need to catch up after not watching for years. Did Crowley show up later?

I hear the show went into some interesting places - like they meet up with Zeus or something.

My interest ties into my confession:

[i love all TV, but the worse part is] I love reality TV. I have to be really careful, because I can get hooked on even dumb crab [crap] like the Hills. My friend had to pull me away from a Hills marathon while we were vacationing in Cape Cod. :blushing:

I find this thread amazing. In another thread, they're complaining about having no privacy on the internet, while here everyone is publicly confessing. Go figure.

I'm fairly sure that Big Brother doesn't give a crap that I'm dodging lizard-wrangling duties. :D

How big ARE these ants?? :stunned:

They are big black ants. They don't eat wood like termites, but they do burrow into wood to nest. From the CBC:

The most common of these in Canada are the red and black carpenter ant (Camponotus herculeanus) and the black carpenter ant (Camponotus pennsylvanicus). Carpenter ants are typically much larger than other ants, varying in length from 6 to 25 mm. They can easily be distinguished from other ants because of their size and because their body is constricted between their abdomen and thorax, making their parts appear bulbous or exaggerated.

While carpenter ants don't eat wood, they do nest in it and will burrow through as much as they need to find a home, leaving a telltale trail of sawdust behind. They prefer moist, decaying wood such as that found in dead trees, but if a house has a moisture problem or has wood structures suffering from decay, it could provide a welcome habitat for the insects.

Sadly, that article confirmed that I now have a new kind of infestation in the garden, pharaoh ants, which I noticed for the very first time last week when I was weeding in the backyard and thought I saw something moving on top of the garden hose, miniature red ants. Damn things are so tiny you can barely see them, and there was this army of them using the hose as a convenient highway from one end of the lawn to the other. I shudder at the thought of them getting into the house, they could probably get into all kinds of packaging. they were only about 1mm long.

Eta: Something else that might need to be killed...

They are big black ants. They don't eat wood like termites, but they do burrow into wood to nest. From the CBC:

Sadly, that article confirmed that I now have a new kind of infestation in the garden, pharaoh ants, which I noticed for the very first time last week when I was weeding in the backyard and thought I saw something moving on top of the garden hose, miniature red ants. Damn things are so tiny you can barely see them, and there was this army of them using the hose as a convenient highway from one end of the lawn to the other. I shudder at the thought of them getting into the house, they could probably get into all kinds of packaging. they were only about 1mm long.

Eta: Something else that might need to be killed...

So I went a-googling to find a nice picture of a bird eating some ants, and this is what came up first

http://abdooss.blogspot.com.au/2012/10/of-bird-and-ants.html

be very careful, Birdy

Archived