[Book Spoilers] Yunkai

Don't you see the problem with that? If the series will need 3+ seasons to get to the end of ADWD, what good would it be to have Dany's story compressed into one season/s worth? That will leave a lot of episodes with no mention of Dany. Viewers will lose interest in her, and her storyline will stagnate on screen. My point is the opposite - that the show writers need to both pace things out well and add enough interesting changes to the book storyline to keep things interesting for 3 seasons or more.

Why will the series need "3+ seasons" to reach the end of ADwD? Each character arc can easily be compressed into one season. There are a LOT of character arcs which obviously complicates things, but the solution is not to stretch out the material. It's not even working with ASoS; it definitely won't work with AFfC and ADwD.

I know they tipped their hat to it in this episode, when Dany's attendant included "Freerer of slaves, or Mother of Slaves," I can't remember which, wish I could go back to look at that. I know there was a mention of her freeing slaves in there somewhere. I also can't remember when being called 'Mother' by the slaves starts. I'm thinking Astapoor in the books, were she's surrounded, and reinforced in Yunkai. I'm sorry they haven't included that, it was such a powerful moment for her and her story arch and why she seeks to free them all.

They may yet do it, and I also know a lot is missed without internal dialogue.

Missandei called her "Daenerys Stormborn of House Targaryen, Queen of the Andals and the First Men, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Breaker of Chains, and Mother of Dragons". I'm pleased that "Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea" was included, but I'm at a loss as to why they've cut the Rhoynar from the titles (even in season one Robert was only "King of the Andals and the First Men"), and I'm also a bit disappointed that she hasn't been called "the Unburnt".

The "Mhysa" scene where Dany is hailed as the mother of the freed slaves should be coming in the finale. :)

I know they tipped their hat to it in this episode, when Dany's attendant included "Freerer of slaves, or Mother of Slaves," I can't remember which, wish I could go back to look at that. I know there was a mention of her freeing slaves in there somewhere.

Breaker of Chains

Missandei called her "Daenerys Stormborn of House Targaryen, Queen of the Andals and the First Men, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Breaker of Chains, and Mother of Dragons". I'm pleased that "Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea" was included, but I'm at a loss as to why they've cut the Rhoynar from the titles (even in season one Robert was only "King of the Andals and the First Men"), and I'm also a bit disappointed that she hasn't been called "the Unburnt".

The "Mhysa" scene where Dany is hailed as the mother of the freed slaves should be coming in the finale. :)

Exactly, I know that the earlier episodes this season they build up some of her sorrow at the slaves plight. However, I feel in the book when the slaves surround her and all call her mother, Sir Jorah is concerned for her safety, but she ignores his please. Just a very very strong context of why she gets stuck so long in Meereen and not only does she feel slaves should be free, but she also feels a deep sense of responsibility for them. Seeing herself as really their mother in a way. I hope they include it.

I think it's funny to see people making up things. Like Volantis replace Mereen. Eagon replace Quentyn. Etc. Quentyn is a POV and will be in it.

Egon Spengler will definitely replace Quentyn. But he will cross the streams and it will be bad.

Egon Spengler will definitely replace Quentyn. But he will cross the streams and it will be bad.

Quentyn is very important for the story, not only because he moves toward Dany, but because of the Martel storyline. What else would drive Ariana to bring Myrcella toward KL. Here whole FfC storyline. How will they else explain that there is a pact between the martels and Targs? The hate of Ariana against her father. The WoW storyline of Ariana? Quentyn is one of the most important character from aFfC and DwD, he drives the Dany and the martel storyline.

And how can Eagon replaced Quentyn? This will lead to many plotholes. His purpose was to go toward Danny, when he couldn't get to her, he went toward westeros. If he meet Dany, Dany will keep him by her side. Not only because she is smart, but also because Baristan is smart, if they let Eagon go, Dany wouldn't get the iron throne. Quentyn needs to die by the hands of the dragons, because the dragons need to escape (probably important for WoW), so you would let Eagon die in the show?

If you really think that they will merge Eagon and Quentyn, think again. D&D are smart enought to let every POV in the story (expect the prologues, because they aren't that important). If Quentyn is cut, than the Ariana storyline from FfC is cut (because here story doesn't make sense if he is cut), and that will lead to major plotholes in the story. Because than Ariana is cut, and we have a problem for WoW.

Quentyn is in, if you think he's cut, you don't see his importants in the overall story.

Quentyn is very important for the story, not only because he moves toward Dany, but because of the Martel storyline. What else would drive Ariana to bring Myrcella toward KL. Here whole FfC storyline. How will they else explain that there is a pact between the martels and Targs? The hate of Ariana against her father. The WoW storyline of Ariana? Quentyn is one of the most important character from aFfC and DwD, he drives the Dany and the martel storyline.

And how can Eagon replaced Quentyn? This will lead to many plotholes. His purpose was to go toward Danny, when he couldn't get to her, he went toward westeros. If he meet Dany, Dany will keep him by her side. Not only because she is smart, but also because Baristan is smart, if they let Eagon go, Dany wouldn't get the iron throne. Quentyn needs to die by the hands of the dragons, because the dragons need to escape (probably important for WoW), so you would let Eagon die in the show?

If you really think that they will merge Eagon and Quentyn, think again. D&D are smart enought to let every POV in the story (expect the prologues, because they aren't that important). If Quentyn is cut, than the Ariana storyline from FfC is cut (because here story doesn't make sense if he is cut), and that will lead to major plotholes in the story. Because than Ariana is cut, and we have a problem for WoW.

Quentyn is in, if you think he's cut, you don't see his importants in the overall story.

It doesn't follow that Arianna would have to be eliminated, her resentment for her father could be based on something else (the inappropriate matches he has proposed, for example.) Doran could have been communicating with Varys and had the Aegon match planned from the beginning. Someone else releases the dragons.

It doesn't follow that Arianna would have to be eliminated, her resentment for her father could be based on something else (the inappropriate matches he has proposed, for example.) Doran could have been communicating with Varys and had the Aegon match planned from the beginning. Someone else releases the dragons.

Only problem, why does she want Myrcella on the throne? Because that's because of the dornish law. She wants Myrcella on the throne because then she will have Dorne. He is more important than for instance Mace tyrell or Daario. So why would he be skipped? And they probably will include him, just because season 3 will be the season that has the most added characters of the whole show. from now on, there are just a couple of characters that will be introduced in the following seasons. Quentyn need to be in it, just because they need to fill the characters that died, and some new flesh.

But my problem is not the character of Quentyn but because people wanting to merge him with Eagon, that's something that can never happen. Eagon needs to leave for westeros in Volantis. Dany needs to be in Mereen at the same time. They can never meet.

Only problem, why does she want Myrcella on the throne? Because that's because of the dornish law. She wants Myrcella on the throne because then she will have Dorne. He is more important than for instance Mace tyrell or Daario. So why would he be skipped? And they probably will include him, just because season 3 will be the season that has the most added characters of the whole show. from now on, there are just a couple of characters that will be introduced in the following seasons. Quentyn need to be in it, just because they need to fill the characters that died, and some new flesh.

But my problem is not the character of Quentyn but because people wanting to merge him with Eagon, that's something that can never happen. Eagon needs to leave for westeros in Volantis. Dany needs to be in Mereen at the same time. They can never meet.

I suppose Quent could even exist but never leave Yronwood.

I just keep wondering how she keeps all those soldiers fed. Do they send out hunting parties in the desert? They wouldn't be stealing from poor villagers like soldiers of the middle ages used to do, and I'm not seeing them pulling a trailer with rations, so what do they eat?

I just keep wondering how she keeps all those soldiers fed. Do they send out hunting parties in the desert? They wouldn't be stealing from poor villagers like soldiers of the middle ages used to do, and I'm not seeing them pulling a trailer with rations, so what do they eat?

Well George does not do such a good job of that either.

But don't get him started supply trains , liable to get 100 pages of ox carts and suffering barefoot mule skinners!

The show , so far, has left out the 10's of thousands of Astapori camp follower refugees.

But GRRM does not forget to give a picture of Meereen's scorched earth policy, which would have been a problem if the city had not been taken so quickly.

I keep thinking of of that scene where she frees the Unsullied.

Guys on the 8000th row, "What did she say? "We are bees now?", other guy I think she said "We are acne..."

Those dragons must carry around loud speakers!

Well George does not do such a good job of that either.

But don't get him started supply trains , liable to get 100 pages of ox carts and suffering barefoot mule skinners!

The show , so far, has left out the 10's of thousands of Astapori camp follower refugees.

But GRRM does not forget to give a picture of Meereen's scorched earth policy, which would have been a problem if the city had not been taken so quickly.

I keep thinking of of that scene where she frees the Unsullied.

Guys on the 8000th row, "What did she say? "We are bees now?", other guy I think she said "We are acne..."

Those dragons must carry around loud speakers!

So true! I also remember laughing at the idea that she gave voice commands to 8000 lined up guys.

It's TV guys :) It wouldn't really work if she had to wait for her translators to carry the word to the back rows.

There's quite a lot of these things in the show. Just look at (all TV) dialogue. Do you really think they discuss everything only once and always directly after sex? I know I don't :)

you think d&d are worried about the plotholes?

And Doran is too reasonable to even hold Quent's death against Dany. So where's the impact?

Even if this is true, Arianne may use it as an excuse to side with Aegon and crown herself Queen. Or, what I consider more likely, Arianne will tell Aegon that Daenerys is going to marry Quentyn, meaning Aegon is free to marry who he wishes and marries Arianne, before Arianne even realises that Quentyn is dead.

Either way, Quentyn is important. He only needs a couple of scenes though - proposing to Daenerys, being shown the dragons, and then trying to steal them.

I didn't like that her titles were shortened. I was also a bit disappointed that "First of Her Name" was left out.

Archived