[BOOK SPOILERS] Nitpick without repercussion?

I wish they just kept dogs as direwolves if it's going to be this big of an issue. Probably didn't realize how expensive it was going to be.

I really don't think that would work though. When they were just puppies it worked ok, but when they're grown up, it would kind of be ridiculous when they can't even be as big as ordinary wolves.

While I'm sure it's expensive, surely animating fur is not a problem, seeing as these are real wolves simply super-imposed on the screen and made bigger. I think this is simply a matter of poor budgetary management. Contortionists, dead baby jars and rock bands should not be on the costs list for game of thrones.

I really don't think that would work though. When they were just puppies it worked ok, but when they're grown up, it would kind of be ridiculous when they can't even be as big as ordinary wolves.

While I'm sure it's expensive, surely animating fur is not a problem, seeing as these are real wolves simply super-imposed on the screen and made bigger. I think this is simply a matter of poor budgetary management. Contortionists, dead baby jars and rock bands should not be on the costs list for game of thrones.

Those three things combined wouldn't even amount to 1 second of expert CG. But please go on about how much better you would be at managing a multi million dollar production's budget.

D&D should see if they can buy left over footage of the wolves from the Twilight series. Just edit the glittery vampires out of the scene and voila! Direwolves.

That's a good point actually. You can also leave the love story so they wouldn't have to write any Jon-Ygritte dialogues anymore.

D&D should see if they can buy left over footage of the wolves from the Twilight series. Just edit the glittery vampires out of the scene and voila! Direwolves.

Please no. I'd rather have no direwolves than the travesty CGI things they put in Twilight. Seriously, they were SO fake.

She is just dull and annoying in the books. In the series she is unbearable to me. Jon's arc is by far my least favorite this season.

Now I feel sad, in how I really liked Ygritte in the books as her's and Jon's relationship was one of the few that actually felt real,

Those three things combined wouldn't even amount to 1 second of expert CG. But please go on about how much better you would be at managing a multi million dollar production's budget.

They dont even have to show the damn wolves 1/10th of the time as they do the dragons. Dialogue could be sufficient.

Hire me for budgeting!!!

In ADWD it isnt clear if Theon has been castrated, i like the idea that it's up for argument because there is info for and against it. I dislike how in this episode they made it clear cut that he had his manhood.... tampered with.

Agreed....this was so stupid. Just like Joffrey all of a sudden given a damn about Dany and her dragons...

I'm not going to look through 34 pages I'm sure it's been brought up but Catelyn's line really bugged me.

"He's getting a marriage it was a king he wanted"

:bang:

This is totally wrong, when Robb agreed to the marriage of a Frey daughter of his choice, his father Eddard Stark was still alive. Robb had not been crowned King of the North. Walder did not "want a king" because Robb wasn't a king until after the alliance.

Hindsight yes, now, sure, true, Robb would probably be Walder Frey's choice but I even wonder, Lord of Winterfell or Lord of Riverrun? Who Walder choose in that instance if he gets the choice?

I wish they just kept dogs as direwolves if it's going to be this big of an issue. Probably didn't realize how expensive it was going to be.

Yeah. I would have prefered using dogs to mostly omitting the direwolves. It would not have been that realistic, but they could have at least been able to show the bond between the Starks and their wolves.

I'm not going to look through 34 pages I'm sure it's been brought up but Catelyn's line really bugged me.

"He's getting a marriage it was a king he wanted"

:bang:

This is totally wrong, when Robb agreed to the marriage of a Frey daughter of his choice, his father Eddard Stark was still alive. Robb had not been crowned King of the North. Walder did not "want a king" because Robb wasn't a king until after the alliance.

Hindsight yes, now, sure, true, Robb would probably be Walder Frey's choice but I even wonder, Lord of Winterfell or Lord of Riverrun? Who Walder choose in that instance if he gets the choice?

Huh I hadn't thought about that.

The thing that really annoyed me though was how Robb completely brushed it off though. Saying 'Oh Edmure is the best match they ever had'. I mean seriously? Him and Talisa don't even act the least bit sorry that they've screwed everything up and like there's no consequences for wronging someone. I like Robb, but that seriously made him look like a douche.

To play devil's advocate (especially since I really hate the lack of direwolf presence in Season 2-3), I believe that the UK has laws about underage actors/actresses being in presence of wolves or wolf hybrids. That's why the Season 1 direwolves were played by a rare breed of dogs who are bred to look like wolves but are not - the Northern Inuit Dog. But adult direwolves are supposed to be huge; perhaps bigger than most wolflike dogs who could be found to play them; hence, I would think, the usage of CGI.

Of course, the TV GOT producers/directors have evidently decided to spend money on Ramsey Bolton's castration cheerleader hookers, or Podrick Payne's victory tour of King's Landing whorehouses, or Pycelle's aerobics (season 1) or Selyse's dead babies in jars or whatever rather than on the Stark direwolves that started the whole story....(GRRM mentioned at some point that he started writing ASoIaF after having a dream or an idea where he visualized the finding of the direwolf pups and the Stark children getting them) :bang:

Oh, thanks for the information, I didn't know that. But Richard Madden is not a minor......... couldn't they use a real one for him, and CGI for Bran? Although that would look very uneven. Couldn't they film a real wolf separated from Bran, and then edit it to look like they were together? I'm just wondering.....

On there own all these little things don't amount to very much, but seriously - take the scene with Pod and the whores. That's a 5 minute scene, with 4 actresses hired purely for that one scene. That's going to cost money. I mean I found the Pod scene funny purely from a superficial, shallow perspective but it would have been 10 times better spent if that money had given us just a 10 second reminder that Greywind exists.

The point is, regardless of how little these things cost, it's wasted money if it's being used on the gratuitous nudity scenes.

Archived