[BOOK SPOILERS] Discussing Sansa II

Mladen

1. Symeon Silvertongue, remember him?

2. Tyrion never warned Sansa, and therefore she had no time to prepare herself like in show.

These are two most notable cases from SOS.

Stepping on and breaking Marillion's hands, letting the tribesman loose in KL, slapping Shae

David Selig, unless you're GRRM or possess the power of channeling GRRM, you have no business telling other people what the "correct" reaction to or characterization of a character's actions is. That's the great thing about texts! Lots of different opinions and viewpoints about the same things. You're the ultimate arbiter of precisely nothing when it comes to the text, just like the rest of us, so it's inappropriate to pretend otherwise.

Oh, come on. I consider my interpretation the correct one. What's the big deal? You are free to disagree.

5. When D&D said that Jon Snow was seeking a father figure it makes me wonder whether they have actually read the entire series. Sorry that is demonstrably false based on their own statements.

Wait what? Do you have a source for that ridiculous statement as I cannot believe that to be true,

Nirolo, I hate the term `dude`, and yes, I am male, but I would like to be reffered as something else

Phew! I thought I needed to get myself checked for Alzheimer's.

I apologize for referring to you as a dude. Would you prefer I address you as Ser?

1. You're point?

2. Shows like 2 and a half men and how I met your mother are also popular, doesnt make em great TV

3. GRRM also adjusts characters in the episodes he writes, ie Cersei, Jon

4. I still enjoy the show, I thought that the Sam scene was excellent (though missing a NW witness was big)

5. When D&D said that Jon Snow was seeking a father figure it makes me wonder whether they have actually read the entire series. Sorry that is demonstrably false based on their own statements.

Right sorry I didn't realise I was talking to someone who would compare critically acclaimed drama/fantasy game of thrones with the crude sitcom 2 and a half men in order to support an already contrived point. Just leave this here shall we.

I can't take anyone who makes such a fallacious statement seriously any more.

ummm ok, 2 and a half men is up there in the pantheon of great shows like the Sopranos and the Wire, different tastes I suppose.

They also called Jaime a monster, even though Tyrion is a far darker shade of grey by ADwD than Jaime is in AFfC.

all i will say is that, rightly or wrongly, you probably consider yourself fairly knowledgeable about the novels/show and stuff you have said on this forum has, rightly or wrongly, been ridiculed by many many people.

Wait what? Do you have a source for that ridiculous statement as I cannot believe that to be true,

watch the inside the episodes from Season 2. THey said Jon was looking for a father figure, despite growing up with Ned, Ser Rodrick, Maester Luwin, Robb etc. and only a hostile maternal figure.

ummm ok, 2 and a half men is up there in the pantheon of great shows like the Sopranos and the Wire, different tastes I suppose.

http://www.imdb.com/search/title?num_votes=20000,&sort=user_rating,desc&title_type=tv_series&ref_=nb_tv_3_srs

Yes, Game of Thrones is rubbish television, down there with mindless sitcoms, my mistake.

I also feel personally that it's inappropriate to appoint oneself the arbiter of what's a "correct" interpretation of/reaction to/opinion about the text, unless of course you or David Selig are prepared to out yourselves as GRRM, in which case I want a status update on TWOW. It strikes me as disrespectful to other posters who might hold different opinions, and it's the kind of thinking that winds up manifesting itself in posts referring to whole groups of fans as sexists, idiots, or sexist idiots.

I don't mind being referred to as a sexist idiot if that means my views are fair and balanced. ;)

They also called Jaime a monster, even though Tyrion is a far darker shade of grey by ADwD than Jaime is in AFfC.

Yes, and they called Stannis a villain. Stannis is probably my least favourite character in the books, but even I can see that he is not a villain. But Tyrion is alright by them, obviously.

Right sorry I didn't realise I was talking to someone who would compare critically acclaimed drama/fantasy game of thrones with the crude sitcom 2 and a half men in order to support an already contrived point. Just leave this here shall we.

You were the one who brought up the issue of popularity, I was only expanding on you're point.

You were the one who brought up the issue of popularity, I was only expanding on you're point.

please acquire basic comprehension skills. I said it is already considered a classic by many, and that, if it is not as highly regarded as the sopranos, that is a pretty unfair benchmark to judge it on.

I've never seen the characters of asoiaf on TV, they had a huge opportunity to do something quiet unique and amazing and they missed it big time. Whitewashing characters, taking ppl out to replace with important ones like Ros and cliche loves, do you think they did this for American viewers?

watch the inside the episodes from Season 2. THey said Jon was looking for a father figure, despite growing up with Ned, Ser Rodrick, Maester Luwin, Robb etc. and only a hostile maternal figure.

Maybe, they meant Theon?

I've never seen the characters of asoiaf on TV, they had a huge opportunity to do something quiet unique and amazing and they missed it big time. Whitewashing characters, taking ppl out to replace with important ones like Ros and cliche loves, do you think they did this for American viewers?

Why American? lol :D

Archived