Slanket vs. Snuggie

Elder Sister

In the wake of some highly disturbing and unsubstantiated rumors, I feel I need to address the confusion and misinformation about the Slanket. Forget about how to spend your money. Who cares about your girlfriend troubles and your MOM? We need to straighten this crap out once and for all.

The Snuggie is simply a blanket with some arms. Big deal. The Druids were doing this eons ago, and you don't see them hanging out on their sofa pretending to be all thrilled to be in a stupid Snuggie.

The Slanket is about more than just staying warm. It's a state of mind. It's freedom, poetry, and incandescence. It's a state of being.

Don't be fooled by the misinformation floating around the interwebz. Allow me to guide you in this, a most important and weighty topic.

Warmest Slanket Regards,

ES

...you went and did the thing with the Froot Loops and the drugs and the swords that I mentioned in the other thread, didn't you?

...you went and did the thing with the Froot Loops and the drugs and the swords that I mentioned in the other thread, didn't you?

I used Lucky Charms. Was that wrong?

Elder Sis, you have been deceived. Oh, I don't doubt the quality of the slanket, I hear it is very nice. You are welcome to hunker down with your fuzzy blanket of lies and deceit, but I hold myself to a higher standard. I stand alone, mourning the death of a true original. If you are content to buy from a company producing counterfeits and selling apathy, I cannot stop you. But I can weep for you.

It's not too late. The bee is a lie.

Philip, thanks. I do think you need to mellow out, and perhaps purchase the lovely "Nick's Lunch" Slanket which will improve both your spirits and your people skills. :D

Gertrude, you have fallen prey to the evil that masquerades as the Freedom Blanket. I pray you find your way back to us. I will light a candle for your Slanketless soul.

It's funny you suggest "Nick's Lunch" seeing as I just finished eating Salami and American on a roll with mustard. But I also like the "Lumberjack"

It's funny you suggest "Nick's Lunch" seeing as I just finished eating Salami and American on a roll with mustard. But I also like the "Lumberjack"

See, I knew you were the bee, Philip.

Umm isn't it summer in America? Shouldn't you be out playing in parks or something and shipping all your warming equipment to me, so I can show that none of it is up to the challenge of keeping a cold blooded reptile human warm.

Umm isn't it summer in America? Shouldn't you be out playing in parks or something and shipping all your warming equipment to me, so I can show that none of it is up to the challenge of keeping a cold blooded reptile human warm.

Indeed it is. What is the avg winter temperature in Australia?

It is never the wrong season for FREEDOM!

Robin, this has gone far beyond slankets and snuggies. This is now a thread about integrity and honor and the lost glory that is the FREEDOM blanket. The Slanket is just a symbol of the corrupted ideals of poor lost souls, easily swayed by convenience and not burdened with self-respect.

Unfortunately, due to the crazy level of summer heat here in Texas, both of these items are used for torture and interrogation here. One hour wrapped in that thing when it is 115f here, and I am telling you all of my secrets.

Yes. And it's been hotter than hell and HUMID. (in the Midwest, anyway.) Snuggy or Slanket is not coming anywhere near my body anytime soon.

It must be the Slanket because "slanket" is an awesome portmanteau whereas "snuggie" is just fucking stupid.

Slanket can surely be a verb, can it not?

"I'm tired. I'm going to head home, make some popcorn, and slank on the couch."

"I should never have bought that thing for ES that she asked for. She's been doing nothing but slank around the house all day and night."

Was a chilly 11C outside at 2pm today, that's utter ridiculousness I tell you!

I have a friend in Melbourne who breaks out her Uggs if the mercury dips below 16. I can't imagine what 11 feels for you guys. Here on days like that in the winter people break out shorts.

Archived