How to properly bury a copperhead...

Howdyphillip

This was a rather interesting course of conversation in a thread a little while ago, and I thought that I would expound on it.

Did you guys realize that copperheads leave their mother at birth or else the mother eats them. They are also nasty little shits with fully formed venom from the very beginning of their life. When handling them, you should do so with extreme care or better yet not at all unless you have been trained.

Dog, cats and birds all like to eat them, but it is important that when serving them, you remove the head as the venom is still potent.

I came to thread for the laughs, but actually learned something useful. I don't live somewhere that we have copperhead snakes, but I'll be sure to bury the head if I ever have to kill one.

Dog, cats and birds all like to eat them, but it is important that when serving them, you remove the head as the venom is still potent.

Yeah, when I made that remark about feeding a snake to the dog, I failed to point out that the head & venom gland was always removed, typically at the business end of a kaiser blade. :)

Interesting.

Found in the states of Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky, Virginia, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Iowa, Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, Delaware, New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts.

Also found in Mexico - in Chihuahua and Coahuulia.

I'm just proud that I'm teaching and passing along the fountain of knowledge that was given (poured on??? It's a fountain.) to me.

Slankets, snake burial, Elvis tribute artist information...I am here for you, Board. Never doubt it.

So how do you bury a copperhead?

Well, the first thing is you kick it out of your house... They can be extremely dangerous there, and they are almost never grateful. You then have to dig a hole. Sometimes, the copperhead will dig its own hole for you and then you just have to cover it up

Then you kill them again, Zar!

I killed a copperhead last summer in my yard; and I cut its head off, skinned it and ate it. Tastes just like chicken, so do rattlesnakes. I tried to make an awesome hat-band out of the skin, but I ruined it in the attempt.

But will they live in poverty if I kick them out?

Btw, is it true that if you chop a snake's head off they can still bite or is it just a tale?

What, like un-copperheads? Usually if you cut the head off of anything, it doesn't come back. I may have to default to ES or HP here though. I am not an expert on Zombiesnakes.

Well I've heard some of them bite for a while even after the head's cut off. I was also wondering what was the best way of getting them out of your homestead if they've been established their lair for a long time.

Btw, is it true that if you chop a snake's head off they can still bite or is it just a tale?

Well I've heard some of them bite for a while even after the head's cut off.

They definitely move around for a while after you cut their heads off, twitching their tails and stuff like that. I wouldn't put my hand near the head for at least a few hours

Archived