How to properly bury a copperhead...

Howdyphillip

What if these copperheads try to come back?

If my house were prone to infestation I might take that opportunity to convince Mr. Monday to move to a high rise condo downtown. A 19+ condo.

You wouldn't, sometimes they get near you. All the snakes I've seen have crossed my path suddenly and gave me a heart attack everytime. At that point you're left with no choice but to kill them. Or run, but running is a move for p-ssies.

Another tale I heard is that if you run, some snakes will run after you...

King Browns are angry mutha's, they can do this. Also nice and venomous. Just popping in to ruin Min's plans with a single example.

heard a song today that is stunningly appropriate for this thread...

as to the topic always bury the head with a piece of garlic so it won't rise as a copperheaded vampire .... :smoking:

eta: to correct stupid spelling and grammer mistakes that piss off Elder Sister....

I like this discussion of somewhat dangerous, little snakes. Copperheads are cute.

One of these was caught about 30 metres from my place last summer.

I am sure people from Southern and Southeastern Asia are laughing at all of us (even intrepid Australians). Indian cobras are bad enough add in Russell's vipers and I am pretty much done.

Here I am fearing black bears and rattlesnakes; how human beings can survive on a subcontinent populated by kraits, cobras, and tigers is beyond me.

Holy hell, Stubby. That's like.... a really nasty snake. That's like... a copperhead on METH.

And that's one of our less dangerous ones. Luckily, we don't live anywhere near the nastier breeds.

I laid down several glue boards in my shed in an attempt to control a brown recluse spider problem. One morning, I found a very young copperhead that had somehow managed to get his entire 2 ft length stuck to the trap. He was alive & was eerily undulating without actually advancing. muscle contractions rolling through his length like a wave. His bottom jaw was stuck fast to the trap, so his upper jaw was unhinged, tiny little fangs bared. He looked as if he were auditioning for the role of Dr. John's hatband or something. It was a little stomach churning, actually, the poor thing was suffering greatly. Decapitating something that's stuck to a glue board is no easy feat, which is a very odd sentence to type, but that makes it no less true...

I feel undermined. We only have boas. Their bites aren't venomous, but they try to constrict you. You know, prevent you from taking control of your stuff. Maybe they want to be left alone to do as they please? I think they should, but why does it have to be in your premises, right?

I like this discussion of somewhat dangerous, little snakes. Copperheads are cute.

One of these was caught about 30 metres from my place last summer.

This would have been soooooooooo much cooler if it had been a snake crossbred with a tiger to get a Tiger Snake...

Yes it's fun to mindlessly kill animals because their a Snake, I get not wanting them in or near your home, or if you're going to eat them fair enough I can't really argue against that on grounds of Morality but just killing them because their a Snake is wrong and really pisses me off.

Yes it's fun to mindlessly kill animals because their a Snake, I get not wanting them in or near your home, or if you're going to eat them fair enough I can't really argue against that on grounds of Morality but just killing them because their a Snake is wrong and really pisses me off.

But what if they were an asshole to their mother? Is it then appropriate to force them to live in hardship and poverty, nigh unto death?

But what if they were an asshole to their mother? Is it then appropriate to force them to live in hardship and poverty, nigh unto death?

I would think they would find it preferable to getting smacked over the head with a shovel.

Oh dear, Lany, it's just a little garter snake, isn't it? They eat things like crickets and worms and frogs, they won't be interested in you. And yes, I hate snakes as well. Especially snakes in the grass, but it's not a boa or a copperhead. :)

And if that snake grew up to be Hitler? Wouldn't it be better to kill it now?

Archived