Superman and Batman

Batman

• 2 weeks later...

Ben Affleck is the new Batman.

In the announcement, Silverman stated, “We knew we needed an extraordinary actor to take on one of DC Comics’ most enduringly popular Super Heroes, and Ben Affleck certainly fits that bill, and then some. His outstanding career is a testament to his talent and we know he and Zack will bring new dimension to the duality of this character.”

Here's the thing. I don't hate nor love this news...I'm more intrigued by it and I'm loving the nerdrage. I live for these moments.

What I struggle to wrap my head around isn't that anyone at WB would ask Ben to be Batman...it's more interesting to me that Affleck would agree to it. He's had some shaky moments in the past where his career could've gone either way. Now he's in this nice spot...it's a huge risk to take this sort of role.

But, I'm bias. When someone asks you if you want to be Batman, you better fucking be Batman.

More importantly, the Batmobile should officially be re-named the Batcah.

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

It seems WB/DC just wants to push a devoted Superman fan like me past breaking, with the shitty Man of Steel movie and now this. I love(d) Superman, he was my guy. He's the comic book hero I grew up with and none of what other people complain about his story every bothered me, the being too powerful, the glasses shtick, him being too much of a boring character...none of that bothered me and I never found him boring at his core, when done right. I stood by my Superman.

Affleck as Batman in a Batman vs. Superman movie? Fuck that shit!!!

Congrats WB/DC now you've pushed me away.

I know I overreact, but after Snyder fouling up the last movie and this latest news. Fuck shit! How could Marvel have done things so right with their "phase" movies so far and DC fuck up so bad?!!

Archived