First Law Trilogy question

The Prince of Newcastle

So, I'm coming to the end of The Blade Itself and I am not sure about the history of The Maker etc.

Who the Maker is, what he does, is he like a God?

I understand the Makers brother killed him and Bayaz then slew him, Kanaidas (sp).

If this all gets explained later then please don't tell me, and I have a feeling Bayaz isn't all he seems so....

But as far as the mythology of this goes in the book, can someone help me?

In the book, SPOILERS

The Weakest has just been murdered by Bethods' son is where I am up to...

Cheers for any assistance, it's the names of these Makers and what not and there whole extended families that's confusing me.

Isn't there are first law thread somewhere, among the many that already exist, where this question should have been asked? Why can't these be asked in a first law thread with spoiler tags?

I like the series but it feels like people want to turn the literature thread into the equivalent of the forum's "ASOIAF" subsection.

I shall not rest until all your threads belong to me.

What order should I read these books in, by the way?

Or should I start a new thread to ask that question?

If only we still had a like button!!!!

Well, I don't feel like all the OP's questions get answered in the trilogy - unless I missed something.

The questions about was the Maker a god and what did he did is left more or less nebulous. You get a little more explanation, but I wouldn't say there's any definitive answers either.

OH MY GOD!!! I can't believe someone had the audacity to start a thread to ask a simple fucking question. Too many threads!!! Gods, I shall perish.

I could have started a thread about there being a thread for every simple fucking question :P

I really think the question could have been answered just as simply in the main thread - it's probably been asked already but I don't think people mind answering it again. Having a thread for absolutely everything clogs things up and makes searches a pain in the arse.

The poster's relatively new so it's no big deal, I just think it's better to place such questions in an existing thread. Otherwise you'll get threads along the lines of

"Hi, I know there's a few "what order should I read the first law books" threads but I'm wanting a personalised one. I don't really like surprises and prefer to know what's going to happen. I also really hate Westerns. What order do you think I should read the series in?"

:agree:

No more first law threads! There is currrently only one Bakker thread on the main page!

No-god save us from damnation. Imagine how clogged the literature forum would be if every Bakker-apocalyose question earned an in individual thread? Those folks manage I can't see why First Law fans can't either.

I can't use the search function I'm on my phone ATM. Please accept my most humblest of apologies for starting a thread on the Internet, I know they are limited and should be used sparingly lest we run out, and then how will we go over R+L=J for the 67th time this month?

I should probably retract my "no worries" comment now but I'll extend the you're relatively new to being sarcastic and insincere too.

I suspect all these threads do take up more memory on the site which, as far as I know, isn't unlimited. Maintenance probably becomes more a drag for mods as well.

R+L = J has it's own section in the forum so it makes no odds. At the end of the day it's still a topic on ASOIAF on the ASOIAF forum. Don't get me wrong, I spend far more time reading/posting about non ASOIAF books here anyhow so it's not like I'm trying to ban Abercrombie threads or anything.

Archived