Attack on Titan

Gendels Children

Well, just finished the second OVA. I guess that's the end of my AoT watching for a long while :( I read on the wikipedia that there are also some animated shorts, but they appear to be in another style of animation?

The OVA's weren't bad, although the real series is way better. I'd say these two OVA's clearly rank below the original 25 episodes in terms of quality. It felt a bit forced/generic at times, although the Jean intro on the second OVA was great.

I read on the wikipedia that there are also some animated shorts, but they appear to be in another style of animation?

Yeah they are in Chibi fashion and are for purely comedic purposes. just a little bit of fun within the AoT universe. Not my cup of tea per say, but it has its moments. plus they are very short (about 5mins max if i recall) compared to the episodes or ovas

Well, just finished the second OVA. I guess that's the end of my AoT watching for a long while :( I read on the wikipedia that there are also some animated shorts, but they appear to be in another style of animation?

The OVA's weren't bad, although the real series is way better. I'd say these two OVA's clearly rank below the original 25 episodes in terms of quality. It felt a bit forced/generic at times, although the Jean intro on the second OVA was great.

There was one really bad episode in the 25. Not sure what number but it was the one that opens with

Mikasa and Levi rescuing Eren from Annie.

I actually thought the first ova was awesome. As good as the original 25 imo haven't seen the 2nd one

Yeah they are in Chibi fashion and are for purely comedic purposes. just a little bit of fun within the AoT universe. Not my cup of tea per say, but it has its moments. plus they are very short (about 5mins max if i recall) compared to the episodes or ovas

Does it fit with the characters though? Or does it shit all over their character development?

There was one really bad episode in the 25. Not sure what number but it was the one that opens with

Mikasa and Levi rescuing Eren from Annie.

I actually thought the first ova was awesome. As good as the original 25 imo haven't seen the 2nd one

Have to say that, since I bingewatched it, I don't really recall the individual episodes. A good way to watch this series imo, there were a tad to many cliffhangers for my liking, but that doesn't really matter when you bingewatch :)

I always kept away from "anime bullshit" but I saw a trailer for this and got really interested. I might give it a chance during summer :)

Same here, but this was really good. I think you might like it :)

Does it fit with the characters though? Or does it shit all over their character development?

Yeah the characters still have the same personalities and such, it is just played out in a more "cute" way. And they are set within the training camp before they become part of the army. It is just a few short videos involving some light-hearted comedy within the drama and death of the actual series.

My big questions is how much land are between these walls? Because it feels like there is very little land, and then an almost infinite amount of land some time later. Like there is no real amount and the writer is just using what he wants at the time.

This one I half-know, since it was directly mentioned in a title card in an early episodes (I guess marking right before/after where a commercial break would've been), and it was either 100 km or 250 km between each wall. I can't remember which, but it was definitely one of those. Possibly it was 250 between the first and second, and second and third, and the diameter of the first was 100.

Anyway, I watched a few more episodes, and in of them there's a flashback going on about how that female main character is an "Oriental," which is very rare these days, so I'm guessing that means its Earth. Of course, according to the episodes I've seen, the Titans showed up 107 years ago, but whatever calendar they're using says it is the year 850. So either its still an alternate Earth of some sort, or there's a lot more backstory than just the Titans that hasn't been covered yet. Or I guess its a reference to some Japanese calendar that I'm not familiar with.

So, I DVR'd an episode last night and have to watch it. I'll look to see if the early stuff is on demand. Will I be able to pick anything up by jumping into the middle of it isn't?

Not sure if I understand, are you asking if you can just skip some episodes ?

Because the answer is obvious...

So, I DVR'd an episode last night and have to watch it. I'll look to see if the early stuff is on demand. Will I be able to pick anything up by jumping into the middle of it isn't?

Probably not, no. It would definitely be better to start from the beginning, if possible.

Archived