Sleepy Hollow

Myrddin

You don't think Abby ends up worth the captain? Imean otherwise what's he to do? He's the Laurel Lance of this show, just with a little more screen time and a somewhat better acting ability.

:P

But has he shown any attraction to Abby? More likely he ends up with Jenny.

A non-American woman's interesting take on the series. A lot of identity politics, so Datepalm might find something to rail about. ;-)

Sleepy Hollow: The Politics of Presenting the Present to the Past

...I'm not American and have no personal stake or involvement in the political process in the US, but I am kind of...well, fannish about it. (Such characters! Such narratives! Such awesome sex scandals!) I also know very little about the American revolution as an actual historical series of events, but I am somewhat familiar with it as a great tangled blob of images and names and ideas that is used and abused in current political and ideological debates. Sometimes with great sincerity, sometimes with great cynicism, and sometimes with what appears to be a bizarre political Schroedinger's cat of both. So with that as context, Sleepy Hollow immediately looked like it was set up for political subtext...

Sci, I don't know that I truly believe it, I'm just looking for a reason to justify the captain's character a little more...

I liked how they handled him in S1, but they clearly want to do more with him and his involvement in the finale felt a bit shoehorned in. Skipping right over the traditional obstructionist boss straight to "shit, I don't care what you do as long as it works" almost instantly was a nice change.

Kinda pretentious, don't you think?

I might have been on board with Jennie/Irving, but then they brought in his ex as a fully formed character and made it clear their relationship is not exactly comfortably in the past for either of them, so then it becomes a love triangle and I hate those, so no.

Personally, I thought Jennie and Ichabod had some nice chemistry. :dunno: For some reason Abbie/Ichabod seems like a shoehorn.

Yeah I was always in the Jenny/Ichabod camp myself. They had pretty intense chemistry from their first moment on screen together. With Abby and Ichabod it's more like Scully and Mulder, where you can see that if the show goes on for long enough something might develop but it's not really a love at first sight kind of deal.

I love Ichabod and Abbie, either as friends or something more, but Katrina bores me. Very sad that the Captain apparently has to go to jail to save his daughter from the murder rap; can Ichabod & friends save the world without police backup (not to mention that I liked the Captain)?

Kinda pretentious, don't you think?

I might have been on board with Jennie/Irving, but then they brought in his ex as a fully formed character and made it clear their relationship is not exactly comfortably in the past for either of them, so then it becomes a love triangle and I hate those, so no.

Personally, I thought Jennie and Ichabod had some nice chemistry. :dunno: For some reason Abbie/Ichabod seems like a shoehorn.

I don't about pretentious, but obviously some young college girl still deluded by liberals into thinking Communism is a viable solution to society's ills. ;-P

Jenny/Ichabod...hmmm...Ichenny....Jennibod...I suppose those are as bad a Abbibod but I personally like Ichabie.

eta: those -> but (wtf is up with my brain)

Craney?

"Ichabod" is hard to work with.

Yeah I was always in the Jenny/Ichabod camp myself. They had pretty intense chemistry from their first moment on screen together. With Abby and Ichabod it's more like Scully and Mulder, where you can see that if the show goes on for long enough something might develop but it's not really a love at first sight kind of deal.

Ichabod and Jenny seem like they could have fun together - Ichabod and Abbie would always be really Serious Business if they turned romantic.

Jennibod and Ichaby it is :)

I don't mind Ichaby turning romantic as long as they stay on this level of connection. If they stay this good together I don't mind if they don't turn romantic. Just gimme more.

And Sci...GO COMMUNISM !!!

:commie: :commie: :commie:

nahhh kidding...I was the last generation of Pioneers ( children age 6 were swearing an oath before school and that was representing them in a way showing how they too are little communists...or something like that ) so I guess old indoctrinations die hard....

Hmmm...Pioneers? Not familiar with them.

I wouldn't normally get all political in a Sleepy Hollow thread, but that particular author has made a career out of trolling io9 with her TV show analyses. ;-P

I don't mind Ichaby turning romantic as long as they stay on this level of connection. If they stay this good together I don't mind if they don't turn romantic. Just gimme more.

Part of me hopes this would happen, but I kinda like the teasing aspect of it akin to the Jeff-Annie stuff in S5 of Community.

Not every potential couple has to get together after all, not matter how we or they might want it.

Jennibod and Ichaby it is :)

And Sci...GO COMMUNISM !!!

:commie: :commie: :commie:

nahhh kidding...I was the last generation of Pioneers ( children age 6 were swearing an oath before school and that was representing them in a way showing how they too are little communists...or something like that ) so I guess old indoctrinations die hard....

Ha, a couple more years of communism, and probably, I too would have joined the ranks of the Pioneers.

I wanted so much Katrina to be the evil one :frown5:

Good series nothing special and not to scary,unfortunately.

I wanted that too. She's very boring so far. Stuck in the purgatory,looking worried every time...maybe now she'll get more interesting.

Only thing really scary was the mirror thing. Shivers.

I wanted that too. She's very boring so far. Stuck in the purgatory,looking worried every time...maybe now she'll get more interesting.

Only thing really scary was the mirror thing. Shivers.

For me she was more than just annoying and boring. Everytime I saw her I was like :ack: :tantrum: :bang: and of course the second season will be Ichabod trying to get her back.

I loved Henry Parrish, maybe because I love John Noble, I thing that he would be a very interesting ally.

:P

BTW how did you conclude he was happy,you can't see him smiling,did you see something else to back your theory?

Yeah, I laughed in the first episode when he whipped out the shotgun. "Death got upgrades!"

And yes, he has a sexy voice...I'm a sucker for the deep ones, :drool:

And not just that... It seems that British were on the side of true evil... I giggle every time when Ichabod starts a story about how British forces were fighting against Americans, who of course, were saving the world. One might even wonder how far Americans would go in justifying their wars and demonizing their enemies. :)

Because Brits make the best villains, there's even a film about it...

I love IckAby, and I think Katrina saw it too when they hugged in Purgatory - so that might be a catalyst for her turning to the Dark Side if she thinks Crane is cheating on her.

As much as I love witches and all that, she is pretty overly dramatic and fluffy. It's a shame, she could have been awesome.

Side note for the Kat-haters: she was a Ukrainian stripper in Dexter.

Archived