Sleepy Hollow

Myrddin

I agree. I used to think the only good TV was on cable but I was pleasantly surprised by Sleepy Hollow and of course there is Person of Interest coming up also.

Sleepy Hollow has it flaws but I absolutely love it. It really is the chemistry between the two leads that give it it's extra punch. I hope they don't take it any further than friendship because that would be such a refreshing change. However if they do I won't be terribly disappointed. This is one couple I wouldn't mind seeing get together. Usually I am like nooooooo!

I can't tell if I liked the

fakeout. I twigged that it was a dream sequence really early on (when Crane looks at the candle not going out in the gust of wind) but it just kept going long enough that I started doubting, since I actually could buy that the show would just fucking skip a year like that. So I ended up doubting myself, which was awesome. Plus, Crane keeps seeing weird things and not saying anything until really late into it...

Oh well. They still clearly know what makes the show great, because Death's walk into the house before giving Katrina the necklace was so fucking hilarious. It reminded me of the S1 bit where the camera zooms in on where his head would be.

Very, very excited for S2.

Just watched it!

I totally fell for the fake out because I couldn't remember the finale. About mid-way through the fake out I started questioning things. I thought wait, wasn't Crane in a coffin last time we saw him?

I think they got out of purgatory far too easily and some of the writing felt like short cuts. I did enjoy Abraham coming home like he just got off a hard days work and changing over jackets. Lol, you're missing your head dude - the most important accessory of all!

I'm sure Katrina's emblem will come In to play shortly. And M's lair wasn't as creepy as I thought it would be.

I'm excited for this season as well. Should be fun.

Eta:

I totally missed the candle detail. And the shot with Abrahams head. Which is why I love reading the posts since most people are far more observant than I am! I wasn't wild about the surprise party, but I see what they were trying to create.

It's back !!! :)

And I think I will like this season.

I thought it was all fake since the first scene,then it kept going and going and I started doubting myself and even went back and started watching the last episode of season one :lol: and when they still kept going like there was this whole year in between the seasons I even went to wikipedia to check if there was an minisode or episode I've missed. When I saw there was nothing I was disappointed cause I thought they are gonna do something similar to Supernatural when they finished one season with main character in hell and started the next with him out and not remembering anything. We later found out what happened but still it took them loong long time to tell us what happened.I thought SH did the same and I was furious.I was all like...nooo oh cmon!!! I wanna know what happened now,cmon tell me TELL MEEEEEE!!!!...and then Crane said it's a dream and I relaxed :lol: It was good start of the season. Great moments,chemistry is still there very nice. Shirtless Horesman was hilarious. He was doing whole calendar shoot without the head :lol: It is tiresome to some extent that Katarina is yet again in the same situation like last season but let's see where they go with it.

That question does not even compute. Go and watch the first season. It's not even about the story, it's about the characters and all the non-important details like seeing Crane correct historical misconceptions of trivial things he experienced, the fish-out-water stuff, social commentary, etc.. Missing the first season would be missing joy, and sunshine, and morning coffee, and all the things that make life worth living.

Plot wise, yeah you might be kind of lost.

It's back !!! :)

And I think I will like this season.

I thought it was all fake since the first scene,then it kept going and going and I started doubting myself and even went back and started watching the last episode of season one :lol: and when they still kept going like there was this whole year in between the seasons I even went to wikipedia to check if there was an minisode or episode I've missed. When I saw there was nothing I was disappointed cause I thought they are gonna do something similar to Supernatural when they finished one season with main character in hell and started the next with him out and not remembering anything. We later found out what happened but still it took them loong long time to tell us what happened.I thought SH did the same and I was furious.I was all like...nooo oh cmon!!! I wanna know what happened now,cmon tell me TELL MEEEEEE!!!!...and then Crane said it's a dream and I relaxed :lol: It was good start of the season. Great moments,chemistry is still there very nice. Shirtless Horesman was hilarious. He was doing whole calendar shoot without the head :lol: It is tiresome to some extent that Katarina is yet again in the same situation like last season but let's see where they go with it.

How sad is it that I was like dang, that headless guy is pretty :leer:

How sad is it that I was like dang, that headless guy is pretty :leer:

I'm ashamed to say it took me a few seconds to realize the guy had no head.

It was a brief amount of time but still very embarrassing when I realized I never looked above a guy's neck.

All in all I really enjoyed the premiere. It didn't take me too long to realize that it was a dream sequence but it was so well done that I didn't care. It didn't feel like I was cheated out of anything. It felt like it was an important part of the story.

I am beginning to wonder if they are going to actually have Crane rescue Katrina or if they're going to kill her off. For a long time I was pretty sure the writers were going to allow them to be together, but now I'm not so sure. It seems to me like she could be a very valuable ally for Crane and Abby.

I have to admit I'm kind of a sucker for true love winning out.

Great ep. Horror, character interaction, weird twists of history, crazy magic McGuffinery.

Also liked the fast pace of this ep, though unlike AoShield I hope they slow it down for more of Crane's anachronistic humor.

Also hope Katrina doesn't get axed, though having her around too much might dampen things.

Oh well. They still clearly know what makes the show great, because Death's walk into the house before giving Katrina the necklace was so fucking hilarious. It reminded me of the S1 bit where the camera zooms in on where his head would be.

Very, very excited for S2.

I loved that bit! If they'd pushed it any further, he'd have been sitting down with a newspaper and a cup of tea.

Glad they've decided to develop Death more into Bram, since his only role can't be to go on trying (and failing) to kill Crane.

Agree with SpaceChampion that the gunpowder thing was quite daft, but otherwise enjoyed the episode. Except for the Germans. Dear God, if you really must have some Evil Germans, at least hire some real Germans to play them.

Archived