MLB 13 V- Playoffs arrrrrrrr here

Kat

I just realized that the four teams remaining are all in the Top Ten for total payroll. That's depressing :(

ETA:: Different article has St. Louis listed as 11th by season's end.

Another good point. Barring my team being in it, I love rooting for an underdog. With both the Pirates and A's out, you don't really have a smaller market, lower payroll team to pull for.

Ugh. Do you just throw balls to Young and hope he swings, and load the bases if not?

ETA: Nope, I guess you just gun down the runner like a beast. Hot diggity damn.

I was asking myself earlier if Beltran is a hall of famer. I think he is, and he'll be a lock if the Cardinals win the World Series. First all time in stolen base percentage, and first in postseason to OPS to go with 8 all star games, 3 gold gloves and two silver slugger awards. Add that to the fact that he's the first 300/300 club switch hitter and I would say a WS ring all but solidifies him.

How did the Cardinals get out of the jam where LA had guys on 2nd and 3rd with nobody out and their 2/3/4 guys coming up? I know the #2 batter popped out to 2nd, but even still, you'd think they'd parlay that into a run somehow.

How did the Cardinals get out of the jam where LA had guys on 2nd and 3rd with nobody out and their 2/3/4 guys coming up? I know the #2 batter popped out to 2nd, but even still, you'd think they'd parlay that into a run somehow.

Their best hitter not being in the game had something to do with that. I think this is a different series if Joe Kelly doesn't drill Hanley in the ribs (not that I'm saying it was intentional, because it wasn't.) Still, the rest of the lineup has been abysmal. Way to waste great starts from your two best pitchers. And now, in a must-win game, you've got Ryu going against Wainright. Ouch.

Archived