Football 54 has been placed on garden leave

Nas!

Agreed. We weren't really getting past their lines up until that moment. Cazorla was okay, but he did seem fairly rusty there. Thankfully Arsene didn't wait till the 68th minute or so to take him off. Would be nice to take Giroud off and put bendtner up front for the last 15 or so, but I doubt that's going to happen.

Looks like your wish is granted. Why can't we keep a clean sheet?

Yes! The Last Samurai does indeed come on for Giroud. Some goal by Ramsey too, kinda feel bad for Ruddy. He's been really good for Norwich.

Ruddy has played great but you can only do so much. Ramsey's form continues. Great composure on his 9th (!) goal.

ETA: Wow. Another great goal. This is getting ridiculous.

Moyes you absolute fucking bellend. His fault entirely- that was on the cards the moment Fellaini came off and Giggs went in the middle. You can't play those two as the midfield two, and you sure as shit can't do it against an opposition as good as Wanyama and Schneiderlin. Southampton have dominated since that sub.

Then he took off Rooney for Smalling, which presumably was intended to allow Jones to go in the middle but has only resulted in them having less to worry about at the back.

Yeah, they've lost any kind of shape after he brought Tettey off. To be fair though, he had to go for it after Howson got that goal.

ETA: BFG, We will probably get a better idea of how good the team actually is come the end of Novemeber. It's hard not to get excited right now as an Arsenal fan, but we were awful last season against the top 4/5 teams. I think we play Dortmund, City, Chelsea and Liverpool in the next 2-3 weeks, and hopefully by then we can get proper wingers back into the team.

Hull impressed me today with their work rate and commitement. Actually reminded me of us when Moyes first took over here. Good organization, hard work, nick a goal. It could have worked too, if not for a beautifully created goal by Pienaar. Him scoring with his first touch after injury... yeah, that was good!

A win is a win is a win. Me happy

ETA:

Steven Pienaar on the goal celebration that saw him adjust a South Africa flag at the front of the Park End: "When I came out before the game I saw it was upside down and every time I looked over it was annoying me. I didn't want to get booked.

Good thing he focuses on the details!

Fellaini is absolute dogshite. 27m down the drain

And Rooney can fuck off in Jan as well

Tbh although Fellaini has been average-to-atrocious with the ball for us so far, we've looked much more in control when he's been on than when he's not. He's just so good at getting blocks in. Granted we maybe could have got someone better and he needs to work in his composure fast, but I think you're being harsh.

You're definitely wrong on Rooney, wtf? In summer I might have agreed but he's been our best player this season so far.

Tbh although Fellaini has been average-to-atrocious with the ball for us so far, we've looked much more in control when he's been on than when he's not. He's just so good at getting blocks in. Granted we maybe could have got someone better and he needs to work in his composure fast, but I think you're being harsh.

You're definitely wrong on Rooney, wtf? In summer I might have agreed but he's been our best player this season so far.

Nah, he's been cack. Looked good against Bayer but that's about that. I'd take Tom Cleverley every single day of the week. Better technique, better ball retention, greater mobility and better passer. That said he's only played a few games, so yeah probably a bit harsh.

Rooney started well but has been really poor since the WBA defeat. How many times did he give the ball away today?! Play Kagawa in that position or even Januzaj and we'll look better imo

Archived