NFL Week 8: End of the Weeden Dynasty

sperry

Revis did that TWICE with the Jets. The second time he did that was when he had TWO years left in his contract. Tampa may just want to release or trade him since the contract also protects them against a lame duck. It's not that Revis is doing "bad" with them, it's that they're not using him in a way that allows him to cancel out #1 receivers. Tampa, for whatever reason, decided to give up a first round pick for a shutdown corner, only to use him in zone coverage.

Trading him or not will also depend on what the next regime down in Tampa decides to do. There's no way Schiano and Co. are going to make it through this year, let alone next year.

Here's his contract.

But the fact that there will be a new regime is why it seems so likely that he stays. The Bucs gave up a king's ransom to get Revis, and whoever takes over is going to be someone that can utilize him effectively. Revis may be unhappy now, but whoever takes over will make Revis as their #1 defensive priority. I am really skeptical that the Bucs are going to let a guy who they gave up so much for and is still a great corner just walk away. Maybe if someone offered Tampa a #1 pick of their own this offseason, but I doubt any such offer is coming.

Maybe if someone offered Tampa a #1 pick of their own this offseason, but I doubt any such offer is coming.

Maybe a team who goes deep into the playoffs can afford it. The Broncos could sure as hell use a corner like Revis. I don't even want to think about what it'd be like if Seattle somehow got their hands on him (I wouldn't do that and they wouldn't do that, but just sayin'). I wouldn't trade a #13 like the Bucs did, but something like 27-32 could be worth it, but only if the need is there.

Maybe a team who goes deep into the playoffs can afford it. The Broncos could sure as hell use a corner like Revis. I don't even want to think about what it'd be like if Seattle somehow got their hands on him (I wouldn't do that and they wouldn't do that, but just sayin'). I wouldn't trade a #13 like the Bucs did, but something like 27-32 could be worth it, but only if the need is there.

A team that is going to be competing for the Superbowl us not going to have the cap room available to spend on Revis' megacontract, He is going to be in Tampa, and I am sure he will be playing for a new coach next year. Maybe even Rex's baby brother.

So I slept for the first time since Saturday night. I woke up at 3pm feeling great and ready to watch some TNF. Then I saw who was playing... -sigh- I am conflicted: root against Sciano? But I hate Cam Newton...

I hear you. I "hate" Cam, but for reasons that are fantasy football related. I can't freaking stand Schiano however. I want to be the fly on the wall when he gets fired. I do love Revis though. Even though the Jets gave him the boot, I still have love for him.

ETA: Revis just made a spectacular play on the ball against Steve Smith.

I hear you. I "hate" Cam, but for reasons that are fantasy football related. I can't freaking stand Schiano however. I want to be the fly on the wall when he gets fired. I do love Revis though. Even though the Jets gave him the boot, I still have love for him.

ETA: Revis just made a spectacular play on the ball against Steve Smith.

I also love Revis, he was my favorite defensive player after Bob Sanders fell off the face of the earth. Nowadays Robert Mathis' ascendance (which became apparent un 2010) has caused him to be replaced. However, I do hope he does well.

I think it's adorable the Bucs taught an emu how to play quarterback. When you're 0-6 it's just about butts in seats, amiright?

That dude's neck is longer than his torso!

People with long necks freak me out. I'm not proud of it, but there it is.

I think it's adorable the Bucs taught an emu how to play quarterback. When you're 0-6 it's just about butts in seats, amiright?

IDK, still haven't gotten my butt in a seat. If they'd gotten an actual Somalian pirate, then maybe. I can respect authenticity. But this?

(I'll probably go to the MNF game vs. Miami next month, just to say I went to one and didn't get a staph infection.)

Revis is one of my least favorite players in the NFL. It is really nice to see him wallowing on a terrible team.

But yeah, Cam Newton seems like a douche too. Who was the Panther celebrating when he pushed Bradford out of bounds on the play where he got hurt?

The excessive celebration in the NFL almost makes it unwatchable for me.

Schiano fired by the weekend?

I sure hope so. The Glazers aren't known for axing a coach in the middle of the season so he may get to ride this season out. At least it will guarantee us a top 3 pick in the draft. It has been an awful season, its tough enough being a Bucs fan, but this season has made it harder.

Schiano fired by the weekend?

I sure hope so. The Glazers aren't known for axing a coach in the middle of the season so he may get to ride this season out. At least it will guarantee us a top 3 pick in the draft. It has been an awful season, its tough enough being a Bucs fan, but this season has made it harder.

I hope so, too. That team is utterly without any...well, anything, right now. It didn't seem like the Bucs and Panthers should even be in the same league tonight. And some of the coaching decisions were just beyond painful. Tonight's game reminded me a bit of two animals meeting each other and one of them immediately rolling over and pissing itself. There was no spark, no fire, just going through the motions. The shame of it is that, like all NFL teams, the Bucs have talent.

Anyone on the Bucs coaching staff right now who'd make a decent interim head coach candidate?

IDK, still haven't gotten my butt in a seat. If they'd gotten an actual Somalian pirate, then maybe. I can respect authenticity. But this?

(I'll probably go to the MNF game vs. Miami next month, just to say I went to one and didn't get a staph infection.)

Wait, you live in Tampa now or have you just latched onto the compelling brand of football played by the Schiano Bucs? When did this happen? I can't keep track of this shit. Weren't you in Kentucky or something? Is this part of the "Bluray pops up in the most random places in America" tour?

Wait, you live in Tampa now or have you just latched onto the compelling brand of football played by the Schiano Bucs? When did this happen? I can't keep track of this shit. Weren't you in Kentucky or something? Is this part of the "Bluray pops up in the most random places in America" tour?

I gotta follow the only successful Rutgers coach in the history of Rutgers or coaches!

Basically. The gig is 8-month rotations for 2 years, then a more permanent placement. Was in Kentucky until March, moved to St. Pete then, am moving to Raleigh/Durham in about a month.

When I told a buddy I was moving to Tampa from Kentucky, he asked if my job was trying to see what it would take to break my spirit. I think they might've found it.

I hope so, too. That team is utterly without any...well, anything, right now. It didn't seem like the Bucs and Panthers should even be in the same league tonight. And some of the coaching decisions were just beyond painful. Tonight's game reminded me a bit of two animals meeting each other and one of them immediately rolling over and pissing itself. There was no spark, no fire, just going through the motions. The shame of it is that, like all NFL teams, the Bucs have talent.

Anyone on the Bucs coaching staff right now who'd make a decent interim head coach candidate?

I read something about the HC of the 2002 Browns being Schiano's 'special assistant'... so there's that...

I read something about the HC of the 2002 Browns being Schiano's 'special assistant'... so there's that...

If Butch Davis takes any type of coaching role he loses his money from the college that fired him a few years ago. So he's probably not too keen to lead this team.

Schiano is done. The tide of public opinion has buried him, and he's become a laughing stock, (which I might add is because he's a complete horses ass. Most coaches who suck go relatively unknown until they get fired after 3 years) which he can never recover from. They might as well just do it now and save themselves the embarrassment and let Schiano get out of the spotlight, which I'm sure is horrible for him as well.

Archived