Best to Worst Mothers in ASOIAF

Arthur Lannister

This is getting sadder and sadder. We have no evidence that Jon was denied food. And if Cat wanted, she could pretty much isolate her children from Jon Snow, but she didn't. That should speak something about the case.

OMG, two different people have different opinions? You mean, they are not robots organized to answer the same way in defense of Cat?

No she couldn't. Ned would tell her to back off and that Ned and Robb were close.

And I am not saying Jon was denied food, just that Catelyn hated it. Cat doesn't decide anything at WF.

I agree... Call it for today... Minsc, David, leave it be... Let we discus some other mother before we all get in trouble. I suggest Ellaria Sand... She is a good mother...

I love Ellaria.

“Oberyn wanted vengeance for Elia. Now the three of you want vengeance for him. I have four daughters, I remind you. Your sisters. My Elia is fourteen, almost a woman. Obella is twelve, on the brink of maiden-hood. They worship you, as Dorea and Loreza worship them. If you should die, must El and Obella seek vengeance for you, then Dorea and Loree for them? Is that how it goes, round and round forever? I ask again, where does it end?” Ellaria Sand laid her hand on the Mountain’s head. “I saw your father die. Here is his killer. Can I take a skull to bed with me, to give me comfort in the night? Will it make me laugh, write me songs, care for me when I am old and sick?”

Bastards are not family.

G.R.R.M said differently. He said Jon was apart of the family yet apart. And Ned, Robb, Sansa, Arya, Bran, Rickon, and Benjen would say differently about Jon being their family and since they matter more than anybody than yeah he's apart of the Stark family.

And I am not saying Jon was denied food, just that Catelyn hated it.

Catelyn openly thinks how she doesn't mind if Ned wants to provide for his bastard, only she wished he followed the common tradition of having him fostered out.

Catelyn openly thinks how she doesn't mind if Ned wants to provide for his bastard, only she wished he followed the common tradition of having him fostered out.

Ah, but that's only when he's out of site. In plain view, as an "insult" to Cat, her opinions of Jon changes.

She wouldn't mind a dozen bastards if they were all out of site, but is more mad about Jon being there.

Its not really proof.

I love Ellaria.

I adore that. It also gave me the idea that Oberyn wasn't that hasty man we all believe he was. That he was conniving man as smart as Doran... I actually believe his rage and open hostility were also a mask... He was a snake, but he was also far more dangerous than we are led to believe... I also would like to hear more of her

I've always believed that Ramsay based his treatment of Theon on rumours about the things he heard Catelyn did to Jon :laugh:

I hear they exchange tips over tea and the blood of their victims.

You have forgotten lemoncakes... They tipped Sansa how to emotionally bully Arya (yeap, someone even argued that)

Ah, but that's only when he's out of site. In plain view, as an "insult" to Cat, her opinions of Jon changes.

She wouldn't mind a dozen bastards if they were all out of site, but is more mad about Jon being there.

Its not really proof.

It's a much better proof than the hurt feelings of Jon the drama queen.

Can there seriously not be one single thread about motherhood without the same Cat-Jon nonsense, being as how she's not his mother, his guardian, or family? Why is this always a thing?

Well, no! Clearly, every woman who is placed in a postion similar to Cat's; must be understanding and set aside her own personal feelings! :cool4:

Can there seriously not be one single thread about motherhood without the same Cat-Jon nonsense, being as how she's not his mother, his guardian, or family? Why is this always a thing?

I like these threads, because the arguments that are advanced against Catelyn are so often daft. My favourite post "proving" what a monster Catelyn was came from one poster who condemned her for failing to change her religion on marrying Ned, and for staying with her dying father rather than returning to Winterfell.

Then there was the O/P which argued that Robb should have executed her for releasing Jaime. More liberal posters argued in favour of cutting off her hand, flogging her, or making her undergo a Walk of Shame.

I adore that. It also gave me the idea that Oberyn wasn't that hasty man we all believe he was. That he was conniving man as smart as Doran... I actually believe his rage and open hostility were also a mask... He was a snake, but he was also far more dangerous than we are led to believe... I also would like to hear more of her

You have forgotten lemoncakes... They tipped Sansa how to emotionally bully Arya (yeap, someone even argued that)

Ah lemoncakes-every violent sociopath's favourite dessert.

Archived