Most Dangerous Character Guessing Game (Resurrected)

Captain_Falcon

#7 - Gregor Clegane aka "The Mountain That Rides" (will be posting points, etc. shortly)

Like Ramsay, cruelty is one of Gregor's defining characteristics. Even as a child, he mutilated his brother's face with a hot brazier after a minor dispute about a toy. At 8 feet tall and 400+ pounds, he rapes, pillages, and murders under the command of Tywin Lannister. His most recognizably heinous crime took place when he invaded the Red Keep during Robert's Rebellion. He smashed the infant Prince Aegon's head against a wall and proceeded to rape/kill his mother, Princess Elia. The Red Viper took revenge with the use of a spear doused in poison, however, Qyburn's experiments may have transformed The Mountain into something worse. Something... undead.

This is yet another excellent paragraph definition of the character. You're doing a really great job at hosting this game. Many thanks from me! :bowdown: :bowdown:

This is yet another excellent paragraph definition of the character. You're doing a really great job at hosting this game. Many thanks from me! :bowdown: :bowdown:

Your post just gave me a bit of a shock, because I thought it was this round´s answer! :D I was like: "Well no one got this one right and the hint was unfair, because Sandor didn´t die anywhere on screen. " Then I realized Gregor was the answer for the previous round :D :D

Thanks CS! I appreciate the kind words :)

#6 Daenerys Targaryen (164 points, 12/20 lists, highest: #1, lowest: #18)

As one of the primary protagonists in the series, many readers still speculate about whether or not Dany will turn out 'good' or 'evil'. Rarely is anything that black and white in ASOIAF, but the considerations alone are enough to shed light on her volatility. Part of her assumed danger results from her lineage, but the 3 dragons and vast army certainly contribute to her reputation. She's grown in audacity since the moment she became the Khaleesi and, for me, taking over Mereen has been the most badass chapter to date. Powerful men pursue the Mother of Dragons from all corners of the map, but we may never know her full potential until (fingers crossed) she FINALLY reaches Westeros. Wishful thinking? Perhaps...

Point Rankings

A Free Shadow - 31

Evermind - 31

KingGendry - 27

therealbando - 26

valar.morghulis - 26

Queen A. Approximately - 24

DreamSongs - 22

Turinqui-Calima - 22

Catelyn Stoneheart - 22

Sordelor - 21

Atropis the Elf - 21

Ray D. Targaryen - 21

Zell Holland - 21

Jay Stark - 20

lunadangelo - 19

Castellan - 18

Lasicka - 18

Kobayashi Maru - 18

Lady Meera Reed - 16

Arya Kiddin' - 15

Jon's Queen Consort - 13

Ramsay Blow - 12

Born Sinner - 10

Kungsmurfen - 6

The Unholy Reaver - 5

honeyed chicken - 5

lil' ghost - 4

Congratulations to Turinqui-Calima, Catelyn Stoneheart, and valar.morhgulis for gambling correctly this round! The race to the finish just got a lot more interesting. For those of you that aren't familiar with the format of this game, here is how we will conduct the final 5 rounds (I am literally copying the instructions from Castellan's last game):

"#5 to #1 Let the fun begin. Actually I think this system is a refined torture but…. No more hints – it’s a new ballgame for the final five. You have two possibilities:

You can continue guessing the spots one by one, and get 5 points for a correct guess (you can no longer post multiple choices for a single spot, however).

Or, more rewardingly, you can try to guess all the remaining characters, and their positions, in one go. For example, you can guess:

#5: Rafford the Sweetling

#4: Shitmouth

#3: Marillion

#2: Vargo Hoat

#1: The Tickler

And you will get 12 points per each correct guess. I will reveal the answers one at a time, and you have a chance to change your list, but you lose points when you change. If, for instance, #5 answer is Rafford the Sweetling you will earn 12 points and can feel smug. But if #5 answer is Shitmouth, you can change your list to

#4: Rafford the Sweetling

#3: Marillion

#2: Vargo Hoat

#1: The Tickler

And get 9 points per correct guess. And so on, and so forth.

To sum up, you get N points per correct guess, with n=3*(4-number of times you have changed your list). (Just for clarification, if you change the list multiple times between character reveals, I will only count one change.)

Plenty of points on offer here so chance to burst through at the end and take the win!"

1) Roose

2) Tywin

3) Varys

4) LF

5) Euron

No Darkstar?

I think this group of posters is a little unusual? Seems to me there are certain groups of people you can find on westeros who would have the Gerold Dayne #1. I left him off because I don't see anybody listing him and you guys are the ones who voted . . .

No Darkstar?

I think this group of posters is a little unusual? Seems to me there are certain groups of people you can find on westeros who would have the Gerold Dayne #1. I left him off because I don't see anybody listing him and you guys are the ones who voted . . .

Darkstar is small potatoes compared to most everyone on the list, at least from what little we know of him.

Dany has dragons and an army, I'm surprised she's not even top 5.

Archived