Which hero to take down which villain?

Amris

Walder Frey - Lady Stoneheart

Frey House - Nymeria and her wolf army

Ramsay - Theon

Cercei - Jamie

Littlefinger - Somehow beaten in his own game by Sansa and finished off by Robert Arryn

Citadel - Arya

Robert Strong - Sandor

The Others' master monster (probably some giant spider, or something much more sinister) - Drogon

Others' power source (there has to be one) - Dany/Jon (Arya might do the recon)

The only true villains in this series IMO are

Joffrey Waters

Ramsay Snow

Euron Greyjoy

Walder Frey

Khal Drogo

Viserys

Really? If were going to throw around "heros and villains" labels, which I really don't like to do, but there are people as bad or worse than those on your list. Like,

Gregor Clegane, and most of his men.

Craster

Vargo Hoat

Biter

Rorge

The Good, Wise, and Great Masters of Slavers Bay

Cersei - Jaime or Tyrion is a conventional answer, but perhaps in anger after she has killed one or the other.

(I'd love it if it was Arya or Sansa though.)

Walder Frey - Brienne, the Hound, the Blackfish

Roose Bolton - Greatjon, Davos, Nymeria

Ramsay Bolton - Jon Snow, Asha Greyjoy, Davos, Bran Stark, Arya Stark, Sansa Stark,

Selyse - Stannis

Stannis - Brienne of Tarth, or possibly himself

Victarion Greyjoy - Jorah Mormont or Strong Belwas

Euron Greyjoy - Sam The Slayer or Arya Stark

Melisandre - Bran or Arya Stark

Lady Stoneheart - Edric Dayne

Qyburn - Varys

Gregor Clegane / Robert Strong / Mecha Knightzilla - Barristan Selmy

Bowen Marsh - Wun Wun

Jon Connington - Loras Tyrell

The High Sparrow - Arya Stark

Daario Nahaaris - Jorah Mormont

Well look at it for a moment. Jayne just watched all the people she ever knew get butchered, things her father is probably dead (which he is), and all Sansa can think is, "shut up bitch". Sansa who is supposed to be her best friend that is.

I didn't say she was a villain, I just think she is closer to a villain and definitely not a hero.

Honestly, if that is your criteria to being closer to a villain then I don't how anyone registers as close to hero in your book in how almost every other major character has performed much worse actions then that.

There is no villain or a hero, nor is black and white. All men are shades of grey.

Sorry, that isn't true at all. In how there is nothing grey at all about individuals like Gregor Clegane, Ramsay Snow, Euron Greyjoy and so forth.

Well look at it for a moment. Jayne just watched all the people she ever knew get butchered, things her father is probably dead (which he is), and all Sansa can think is, "shut up bitch". Sansa who is supposed to be her best friend that is.

I didn't say she was a villain, I just think she is closer to a villain and definitely not a hero.

So I went back to the relevant chapter in AGOT. When in doubt, look at the source material!

On the day that Ned was captured, Sansa spent the day crying, locked by herself in her room. That evening, Jeyne was thrown into the room. “Sansa dried her own tears as she struggled to comfort her friend.” Jeyne was bruised at that point and had been dragged out of her room by the Hound, so had been through worse things than Sansa, who was physically unharmed. For the next two days they are confined together in Sansa’s room, with Jeyne whimpering and sobbing. "Jeyne Poole had been confined with her, but Jeyne was useless....She was such a child."

While Jeyne is crying, Sansa is trying to find out information about what’s going on and seeking out a meeting with the queen. When she does meet the queen, she asks about Vayon Poole first, even before her own father. But she does not believe he was in danger. “She knew there had been fighting, but surely no one would harm a steward. Vayon Poole did not even wear a sword.” When Cersei orders that Jeyne be taken away for causing Sansa worry, she protests that Jeyne “hasn’t done anything wrong, she’s a good girl.”

So, Sansa was initially sympathetic to Jeyne, but she genuinely does not really believe Jeyne has reason to worry about her father, since he is a steward. At this point, Sansa is still in her bubble of denial/innocence, which serves to protect her from the horrors of what's happening around her. She is trying to be brave and practical, but feels like she is getting no help from Jeyne, which causes her to be less sympathetic to her friend. She doesn't realize until Littlefinger takes Jeyne that her friend is in more danger than she is, since she is a highborn hostage--which Jeyne is not. However, she doesn't actually want Jeyne sent away from her because they are best friends and will take care of each other.

So to recap: foolish--yes, self-centered-- yes, naïve--yes. But I don't think any of these things make her even close to a villain or even a bad person, especially since she learns quickly and helps Dontos, and is gentle with Sweetrobin.

The Boltons- Jon has dibs on Ramsey, the "Battle of The Bastards" is something I'm really looking forward to, here's to hoping I actually get to read it. And I will be really disappointed if I don't get Stannis and Roose having a lightsaber duel at the battle of Winterfell. The Freys- As much as we'd all like to imagine Stoneheart dismembering Walder Frey, I'd say GRRM will troll us and have him die of old age, as for the rest of them, I think Devan Lannister is going to have a memorable wedding. Cersei- will be getting throttled by Jaime with the hand of the king necklace/chain, but not before poisoning him. Littlefinger- Sansa will make him fly. Euron- I think that The Damphair will be known as King and Kin slayer.UnGregor- Sandor will take out his big brother in what I believe will be the best duel of the series.

i hate you

I so like the irony of that chance. I'm not saying it's going to happen...

My villains:

Varys got a nomination, killed by Arya.

Illyrio Mopatis wasn't nominated by anybody. I'd say losing his son (I buy the Blackfyre female line thing enterely) and then waiting for the Tattered Prince to strip him of his riches and exile him, to starve and die alone, or as a non-slave (in Pentos slavery is forbidden since a war with Bravoos that went bad)

Bloodraven, unnominated too in the thread: consumed by the tree at Bran's will when he realizes what he is up to. The three eyed crow is Bran himself, which would make Bran willing accomplicein the "being pushed down by the tower" thing lightening Jaime's position in that.

Walder Frey survives all of his wives and children too. In his lone, dark fortress at a crossing. The last of the Freys.

Baelish killed by Sansa is so poetically round that I am starting doubting it. But that's only because of the too long wait from book to book. Obviously the most important heroine in the series will at the very least defeat him.

Then I have some not so villain:

I SO fear a Jaime killed by Brienne, that then goes on carrying his legacy... Jaime's death in my book should be killed by Bran whenn everybody recognize the latter as the White Walker's leader, the Great Other (I don't believe a Great Other exist but...) . Or by Drogon, as Sturm on the walls of his castle, but bringing the Witch Queen (our poor little Dany) with him. Broken heart bonus points if Jaime's death by Brienne has to do with any Lady Stoneheart's deed. we had been warned that love is the death of duty, but not the opposite...

Stannis will be killed by Melisandre when he least expects it. Maybe to revive Jon (not hoping for it).

Cersei... I'm not sure. I'm sure it will be surprising, and heart breaking too. She is another one of the characters going to survive their children.

Connington will be killed by the illness, but he will have the chance to realize the epidemical damage he did to the continent before that.

Probably ruining Aegon's body.

Aegon will be roasted by one of the dragons that Jaime will not be able to stop, after having pacified the southern half of the continent with Connington's, Doran's and Jaime's aid. But refusing to submit to Daenerys, who will have offered him to be her seconf or third husband and a prince, because he is family.

Daenerys will win. Trampling any resistence in Essos, she will lead the whole continent against King's Landing, and take it with fire and blood. Killing Jaime, killing Aegon, killing everybody else. And Barristan will know that if he had had the courage to act a day before, he would have saved the city and spared the continent a new civil war, after having killed her because she became as mad as her father before her. He will know that he will have failed where Jaime was successful, in mantaining his first oath as a knight: to protect the weaks from the violents. And he will survive his third ruler violently killed.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, not in the mood to speculate. I hope you don't mind that I include what I want and not what I really think will happen.

Cersei - Arya (and Cersei has to recognize her. In the middle of Winds of Winter signaling Arya's return to Westeros)

Jaime - Edmure (don't know how but I would enjoy. Only in the last pages of Dream of Springs, Jaime is fun and should last longer)

Tyrion - Davos

Mace Tyrell - just be gone already

Randyll Tarly - Brienne (don't want Sam to dirty his hands with this one)

Littlefinger - Sansa (later in Dream of Springs)

Olenna Tyrell - natural causes

Walder Frey - Lady Stoneheart and the Brotherhood

Lothar Frey - Lady Stoneheart and the Brotherhood

Walder Rivers - Nymeria, Arya's wolf

Sibelle Spycer - Nymeria, Arya's wolf

Ramsay Bolton - Theon

Roose Bolton - no one (not Arya, absolutely no one or anything)

Lady Dustin - no one

Illyrio Mopatis - The Tattered Prince

Varys - no one

Raff the Sweetling- Arya

Euron Greyjoy - The Reader

Victarion Greyjoy - a monkey carrying a disease bites him. Kidding. Don't know, Moqorro maybe.

Clayton Suggs - Asha

Urswyck - dies fighting for the Ironborn in Oldtown

Daario - betrays Dany and Barristan kills him

Archived