Football LXXI - My Little Chelsea

Zoë Sumra

Wow.So the match at Anfield against Chelsea could be for the title....

I'm pretty sure that LFC have already won it.

I can't believe this shit. I wake up and realize that the old jokes about Gerrard not having a medal are about to go to the same place the jokes about Arsenal and trophies are. This is literally the worst of all possible worlds.

I can't believe this shit. I wake up and realize that the old jokes about Gerrard not having a medal are about to go to the same place the jokes about Arsenal and trophies are. This is literally the worst of all possible worlds.

Au contraire, my Candide, we live in the best one.

Wow, Liverpool just got handed the title. I bet Rodgers will be sending Poyet more than just a thankyou note after the last two games Sunderland have played!

This gives City a tiny little bit of hope if Chelsea can beat Liverpool, but I'm 99% sure Liverpool have this wrapped up.

A side note, chelsea fans have gone into quite a meltdown on twitter.

Not knowing any better, one would think they're the only ones who got on the wrong side of the ref's bad call ;)

I won't be calm about it as long as there's theoretical chance of Liverpool losing their advantage to either City or Chelsea.

As for Gerrard and Arsenal, there are still some matches to be played before either of those jokes become absolete though I'd love it if Gerrard had the last laugh on that one.

Stop trying to jinx us, you buggers!

This!

A gazillion times this!

Meh, no need to worry about a jinx, the fixture list will take care of it. Just looking it up now - City (who are now your main threat) have to play Everton and Palace away. Those aren't going to be easy games.

How was Ramires not sent off? I really hope the FA throw the book at him, a bit harder than he threw his elbow at Larsson.

Agreed. Easily a 3 match ban.

don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but that was Mourinho's first home loss with Chelsea...ever. I kinda feel obligated to start supporting Sunderland, I hope they can stay in the league.

Well, that's as blatant as a red card gets (and should be accompanied by a 3 match ban) but still not even close to Suarez biting someone for the 2nd time.

That said I do wish the league would start handing down 5 match bans for deliberate elbowing.

I disagree.

This kind of behavior is unacceptable on the football pitch.

Elbows happen every now and again, but it's different when it happens in the air while both players jump for the ball and clash mid-air.

This one, however, is more of a something one would expect in a pub brawl then on the pitch.

If you look at the footage, you'll see Ramires looking back and lashing out fully aware where his opponent is, and the look on his face says it all about his intent.

The only difference between this and Suarez biting Ivanovic is that Suarez opted for a more exotic way to unleash his inner psycho.

Yeah, it's not nearly as bad as Suarez or something like Ben Thatcher or Chris Morgan's elbows, but definitely violent conduct and makes Mourinho's whinging about the ref a complete farce.

Or Fellaini?

Archived