What are your favorite current shows?

P. frontalis chiripepe

Did we not used to have a "The Bridge" thread in this forum? I can't find it.

Am currently watching -

1. The Bridge, obviously.

2. The Strain

3. The Leftovers = this show sucks. I think I'm done watching it. I would rather watch Golden Girls reruns or even Supernatural reruns. And I've seen them all about 8 times each. I hate this show.

4. Witches of East End. It's like cotton candy meets Halloween. Total marshmallow fluff, but so fun.

5. Supernatural

ETA: 6. Tyrant - WOW. This show is fantastic.

Waiting for -

1. Sons of Anarchy

2. Justified

3. Game of Thrones

4. True Detective

Aw, The Leftovers seems to be getting a lot of hate. Personally don't think it's that bad, rather enjoying it at the moment.

Same here. Definitely don't get the hate. If it's not your cup of tea that's one thing, but I don't think it's anywhere near "sucks".

Same here. Definitely don't get the hate. If it's not your cup of tea that's one thing, but I don't think it's anywhere near "sucks".

It's essentially just different tastes though, I mean, I couldn't get into Deadwood, and everyone seems to love that show. Parts of The Leftovers have me cringe a bit, but I'm willing to at least make it through to the end of the season.

In no particular order:

Game of Thrones

The Americans

Mad Men

Archer

Always Sunny In Philadelphia

The League

Justified

Longmire

True Detective

I have Fargo on my DVR. I really liked the first episode. I would like to check out Orphan Black and Turn as well.

I'm glad you're enjoying it - I wish I did, truly. And Justin T. is a hottie, so there is that.

I just feel like it could have been so much more than it is. There's only so much angst with no action that a person can take. I find myself almost yearning for the pack of wild dogs to show back up.

I'm glad you're enjoying it - I wish I did, truly. And Justin T. is a hottie, so there is that.

I just feel like it could have been so much more than it is. There's only so much angst with no action that a person can take. I find myself almost yearning for the pack of wild dogs to show back up.

Fair enough.

I do think the show has potential to be really good. Especially after that amazing 3rd episode.

Lets see, my summertime viewing is looking like this mostly:

1. Big Brother

2. Teen Wolf

3. Defiance

4. Strain

5. Rookie Blue

6. Finding Carter

7. Face Off

May be a couple of other things, but I can't think of them right now.

Favorite shows that are still ongoing include:

Vikings - Lagertha :drool: :love:

Game of Thrones

The Walking Dead

True Detective - Probably the best television I've ever seen, truly unparalleled quality

Legend of Korra - Nick have taken it off the air due to low rating but it will still go on through digital distribution, the current 3rd season has really gone from strength to strength.

South Park - "Trapped in the Closest" is pure genius. Also this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAo5GgaJmsA

Shows that have finished but I'm catching up on at the moment and loving

Death Note - For some reason I always thought it was 100+ episodes, as soon as I realized its only 37 long I got right into it.

Breaking Bad - It's meeting my expectations and more!

I'm considering getting into Tyrant, an early review was less than favorable of the show, stating that it does not stray far away from the cliche.

"Instead, “Tyrant” feels less like an act of powerful imagination and more like the recreation of a Generic Middle East (it was shot in Tel Aviv), where everyone is oppressed, except the tacky gluttons who are blowing their money in nightclubs. Everyone speaks in cliches, whether they are defending their right to Dom Perignon or talking about winning over survivors of the regime’s gas attacks or overseas audiences."

That bit of the review on Tyrant really turned me off, but more than a few people seem a fan of the show. Perhaps I should tune in and have a look myself.

I'm considering getting into Tyrant, an early review was less than favorable of the show, stating that it does not stray far away from the cliche.

"Instead, “Tyrant” feels less like an act of powerful imagination and more like the recreation of a Generic Middle East (it was shot in Tel Aviv), where everyone is oppressed, except the tacky gluttons who are blowing their money in nightclubs. Everyone speaks in cliches, whether they are defending their right to Dom Perignon or talking about winning over survivors of the regime’s gas attacks or overseas audiences."

That bit of the review on Tyrant really turned me off, but more than a few people seem a fan of the show. Perhaps I should tune in and have a look myself.

Raja, I am seriously loving this show, and was hooked from the first episode. There are numerous cliches, but it's highly entertaining.

Raja, I am seriously loving this show, and was hooked from the first episode. There are numerous cliches, but it's highly entertaining.

Living in the region for the past couple of years might mean that the cliches might get me down. It's one of the reasons I've avoided the series so far. Either ways, I'm going to catch the first episode tonight to see if those criticisms are indeed warranted.

Right now I'm watching The Leftovers (count me as another who is really enjoying it), The Strain (cheesy, and not necessarily in a good way, but I'm still on-board for now), Tyrant (it's getting better, but it's still not a very good show - awful choice for the actor playing the main character), Masters of Sex (excellent), Ray Donovan (will probably drop this one, as other than a few scattered elements, it's mostly derivative, badly-written nonsense), True Blood (still watching just to see how it ends), Rectify (fantastic), The Bridge (a good show, but I don't know if it has decided what type of show it wants to be, which can sometimes be frustrating), Wilfred (an odd one, but I like it, even if I'm glad its wrapping up), and Under the Dome (because it is hilariously awful). I'll probably check out those two new FX comedies once a few episodes have built up on my DVR, but I can't say I'm all that interested in either of them.

• 1 month later...

Archived