Big Bang Theory 8: those who are pitied, along with those who are kissed

Datepalm

Now I feel hair - like fur - standing on end:
the stifling winds blow straight into my soul.
Tonight I feel compassion for everyone,
those who are pitied, along with those who are kissed.”

- Marina Tsvetaeva

Some updates and trivia from Comic Con today:
http://www.tvguide.com/News/Big-Bang-Theory-1084935.aspx

Yes! No baby plot. That's all I ever wanted.

I love that they actually made a trailer for Serial Ape-ist 2: Monkey See, Monkey Kill...rotf!

I don't mind them holding off on babies for the time being but at some point I want to see Howard confronted with the idea of having a daughter. And Raj would be the best uncle.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was surprised Amy didn't get a comeuppance by the end of the episode.

Also I am only more confirmed in my belief that Amy drags down the show. I don't know. She just doesn't work for me. Neither does Penny's new haircut--I like pixies but it just doesn't suit her well. But Johnny Galecki was looking good! Almost too good to be Leonard, bad hair or no!

I almost fell out of my chair laughing at the "When we get home I intend to have coitus with Amy...ok now I know she's not listening," bit.

And the spitball in the following episode - "Will this be on the test, because I don't think I can do that again!"

I think if they keep going with Sheldon being a professor it could open up some amusing storylines. They had the one episode in the past where Sheldon and Leonard had to give lectures, and then an episode with the graduate student that crushed on Sheldon, but really haven't explored the possibilities much more until now.

All in all I thought it was a strong season opener and strong follow-up episode.

I prefer Penny with long hair.

I like the change in Stewart. Wallowitz generally does the best B or C stories so good to see him with two. It felt like Jim Parsons was over-playing Sheldon for the first half of the ep.

Raj suddenly stopped being creepy and pathetic. I suppose we should attribute that to his new GF.

It says a lot about the sameness/safeness of this show in general that the haircut was the biggest new thing (I hate it too).

Well its not Penny's hair, its Kaley Cuoco's hair and she wanted it short and loves it short and that is really all that matters.

I missed the first episode so I can't comment on that. I thought the second episode was just so so. I really didn't enjoy the Sheldon / Howard teaching portion of the episode so that really dragged it down for me. I do like the idea of Sheldon having to teach but hopefully they have another way to bring it about with actual students.

I did enjoy that he had Fig Newtons. Nice throwback to when he was trying to teach Penny physics.

Penny's hair is adorable. I also think it looks more professional to go with her new job - a plotline that I look forward to. The actress/waitress thing is so played out. I don't want a lot of it, but I think it has potential, mainly because I love Steven Root.

"I can now handle every change that comes my way ...

... you changed your hair. I do not like the change. I cannot handle that."

"What happens if you don't?" (turn off the starfish)

"Then I will know for the length of the lunch that the starfish is having a better day than I am."

I missed that show. :D

Did Amy need a comeuppance? One that was perpetuated by the others? She got one, but in true Amy fashion, no one was paying any attention.

Oh and I loathe the new haircut.

No, I don't think she needed one and I'm glad they didn't go that route, just surprised as I thought it was coming!

Pretty mediocre pair of episodes IMO.

The first episode was really weak, but the second managed to be more interesting. I like that Howard is taking the class with Sheldon...and I think that was about it. I guess Steward sexing it up with Howard's mom was good too.

Archived