Football, take gazillion - Arsenal injury crisis is still ongoing

baxus

Hard to watch that lmao. I don't think Suarez is underrated though. He is pretty much unanimously considered top 5.

People forget Sturridge has been out injured basically the entire year as well. Honestly believe that has been just as much of a contributor to our dip in form than not having Suarez. Maybe thats just what I want to believe though!

I guess what I'm saying is comparing him to Bale, Aguero and Robben is a bit silly. He scored 31 goals in 33 starts for a team that is clearly not as good as any of the teams the aforementioned play for. He was also the league leader in assists.

Cue "flat track bully" criticism. *yawn*

Watching this has made me appreciate the wide variety of goals Suarez scored. There's tap-ins, headers, long distance screamers, free kicks, dribble raids, volleys, goalmouth scrambles, inside-foot curlers, solo runs, team goals, one-on-ones...

I wonder if anyone can compete with him for range of goal scoring. Also, when you see the difference between LFC+Suarez and LFC-Suarez, you can't help but think that if anything, he might be underrated.

Such ludicrous versatility. Between those goals and the mammoth amount of assists he creates the league really is poorer for his absence.

No penalties padding out his stats either. ;)

He's also used to coming back from his little holidays straight into big games. Between the reintroduction of El Canibal and Real being on fire during the week El Clasico is just ridiculously mouthwatering this weekend.

"Little holidays"

You mean his suspension for biting someone, again?

Will be interesting to see whether he can actually score against a proper team this season or if he's just the flat track bully we suspect he is.

"Little holidays"

Will be interesting to see whether he can actually score against a proper team this season or if he's just the flat track bully we suspect he is.

It's just a coincidence that he went on his little holidays immediately following his episodes of biteyness.

It will certainly be interesting to see whether he can actually score when he's in a team full of other great players rather than Liverpool. Imagine how many he'd have if he had the shoulders of Yaya, Silva and Hazard to stand on.

It's just a coincidence that he went on his little holidays immediately following his episodes of biteyness.

It will certainly be interesting to see whether he can actually score when he's in a team full of other great players rather than Liverpool. Imagine how many he'd have if he had the shoulders of Yaya, Silva and Hazard to stand on.

Suarez would be unstoppable with Fabregas and Hazard.

I guess what I'm saying is comparing him to Bale, Aguero and Robben is a bit silly. He scored 31 goals in 33 starts for a team that is clearly not as good as any of the teams the aforementioned play for. He was also the league leader in assists.

Cue "flat track bully" criticism. *yawn*

Being on a better team can reduce a player's goal-scoring chances. I doubt that Suarez will get near 30 goals while competing with Messi and Neymar for chances.

Being on a better team can reduce a player's goal-scoring chances. I doubt that Suarez will get near 30 goals while competing with Messi and Neymar for chances.

There is a chance of that. There's also the chance that Messi and Neymar, who each create a ton of chances for others, will enjoy playing alongside another player who creates a ton of chances for others. If you've watched Barca's #10 and #11 play together this season they're both fairly unselfish. I'm picking the new #9 will fit in just fine.

"Little holidays"

Too on the nose. Not your best work.

Lol

Off to Upton Park today which comes with its usual rituals, i.e. there are no pubs within a mile radius friendly to people who don't speak an artful dodger/Dick van Dyke/Danny Dyer hybrid so its off the tube, quick march to the ground, then through the turnstiles for a pre-game beer and sing song

Lol

Off to Upton Park today which comes with its usual rituals, i.e. there are no pubs within a mile radius friendly to people who don't speak an artful dodger/Dick van Dyke/Danny Dyer hybrid so its off the tube, quick march to the ground, then through the turnstiles for a pre-game beer and sing song

surely though WHL is by far the worst away ground for pre match ritual and logistics. while arsenal is excellent, as is Newcastle i'd imagine for a travelling fan.

surely though WHL is by far the worst away ground for pre match ritual and logistics. while arsenal is excellent, as is Newcastle i'd imagine for a travelling fan.

Yeah its an in and out job. Nothing around apart from pubs filled with extras from Green Street. Tube is a nightmare after the game as well.

Arsenal is decent. Easy to get to, good away pubs, no need to queue for the tube afterwards (I just walk down to Angel).

Edit: misread "WHL" as "west ham" for some reason. Yes - WHL is a total nightmare. Shit area, shit boozers, takes forever to get back to Liverpool Street afterwards, shit ground, expensive tickets. Going to Tottenham is horrible.

Archived