Football, take gazillion - Arsenal injury crisis is still ongoing

baxus

I know the Mario stuff is getting boring but when I heard Robbie Savage say he looks like he doesn't actually enjoy football I nodded my head furiously. More than anything he looks bored out there, like he feels like he's above the game. There's a touch of the Ronaldinhos about his attitude.

agree with the board, lamela should have struck it with his right foot, no matter how one footed he is that is the percentage shot. also sky sports news poll shows 71% of viewers say its the best goal ever, what a load of horseshit.

and alex, firefly is amazing and you are deeply wrong.

May not be the best goal I've ever seen but it's certainly a peach of a goal. The fact that it was no fluke makes it all the more impressive.

ETA: English media going overboard as usual. Hailing it goal of the century and heaping enormous praise on Lamela. Comparing it to Bale's masterclass against Inter a few years back. Give me a break.[emoji19]

UEFA seems to have given out punishments for Serbia - Albania match. According to Serbian media, they are as follows:

• Serbia win 3:0
  • Serbia loses 3 points
  • Each F.A. is fined ~100.000€
  • Serbia is to play 2 home matches in an empty stadium

To be honest, it does sound right.

Neither team deserved the win and both F.A.s should bear their share of responsibility.

Honestly, what a game that was. Glad I turned Firefly (shit btw - glad it was cancelled) off to watch that.

I owe you one slap for this statement.

When/if you ever get to Belgrade, beware. :P

Then we will go out for all those beers. ;)

Not to get too off topic, but Firefly genuinely is rubbish IMO. Does nothing for me. Glad you all enjoy it though.

I've been reflecting more on Lamela's goal and it really is the perfect metaphor for Spurs. Outwardly classy and showy and superficially attractive, but at the end of the day affected nothing in a meaningful way but will get lauded in the media for ages regardless.

oooooh burnnn

It was an ace finish, but every goal in the West Brom vs Man U game was just as good. Fab4's was even better. Neymar's against Ajax was wonderful. CR7's against Liverpool yet better again.

We're pretty spoiled lately actually.

Watching this has made me appreciate the wide variety of goals Suarez scored. There's tap-ins, headers, long distance screamers, free kicks, dribble raids, volleys, goalmouth scrambles, inside-foot curlers, solo runs, team goals, one-on-ones...

I wonder if anyone can compete with him for range of goal scoring. Also, when you see the difference between LFC+Suarez and LFC-Suarez, you can't help but think that if anything, he might be underrated.

Archived