Photos of Dany and Tyrion together

JonSnowed

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this means they're not introducing Aegon at all. It was the worst plot twist in the entire book series.

I honestly wouldn't mind it being stripped from the story, either. To many would-be, might-be Targaryans running around to add more.

It took Jorah all of three minutes to convince Khaleesi to change her mind and give the Yunkish an ultimatium to begin with, instead of just mindlessly slaughtering them all.

How many seconds do you think it would take Tyrion to get Dany to not make any silly "comments" like that one?

Jorah had been Dany's most trusted advisor and closest friend. So I think it will take more than three seconds for Tyrion to convince her to do anything.

A better 'parable' would be this:

Martin was working on a house that he had been building for 20 years, but hadn't been completed yet. 2 young men come by and say "Hey, we really like your house. If we give you the money, will you give us the plans so that we can build a house similar to yours?" Martin agrees, and gives them the plans. As they are building, they change some things because the land they are building their house on is very different from the land that Martin has built his house on. In the end, D&D finish their house much faster than Martin's house, and they aren't exactly the same, but both are great houses that don't affect the other in anyway.

The End.

And tons of people who've been waiting with baited breath to see how Martin's house would turn out (wrap around front porch or dormers??), finally decided that the new house satisfied their curiosity and went home content.

And tons of people who've been waiting with baited breath to see how Martin's house would turn out (wrap around front porch or dormers??), finally decided that the new house satisfied their curiosity and went home content.

Actually, being an aficionada of architecture in RL, I will admire both houses in the end.

I'll (more or less) patiently wait for GRRM's house to be finished, knowing that upon that fantastical structure a roof will sit that has a certain logic. And given a similiar structure the roof of D&D will have been quite close to the original thoughts.

No, really, I will enjoy both in their own way as separate mediums with different possibilities. Two approaches? The more to love! Why not enjoy both housewarming parties?

Plywood with a tarp will keep the rain off better than a stone house with no roof :P

Pretty much!

If the TV series is going to wrap up in seven seasons it can't afford to dick around. I don't mind at all that a lot of things have been cut and it appears several battles and events are getting condensed. At least the story is moving forward.

Tyrion as Dany's hand would be a pure fangasm, even if she really has no reason to trust the son of the man who betrayed her father and the brother of the man who killed him.

It would be, you just described that perfectly. I'm very interested to see how this plays out

• 2 weeks later...

No surprise here, Mareen plot is the dumbest chapters in the book

It wasn't dumb. Quite the opposite. Some on the intrigues in Mereen were in fact some of the most intelligent and hard to puzzle out in all of the five books. Like who is The Harpy / Is there a Harpy, what's up with the rampant murders that suddenly stop and who poisoned the locusts.

The problem with it was that it was just too drawn out.

• 3 weeks later...

But what house do we want to live in for the long haul. We get to rent the D&D house and enjoy living there until our real house has been finished by the brilliant yet unreliable architect we contracted nearly twenty years ago.

I will take the 3-bedroom, 2-bath house that's finished and well-built any day over the 10-bedroom, 8-bathroom house with no finish date in sight.

Once I've settled in the modest house, I would probably have no qualms about never bothering with the mansion again.

Archived