Worst show that you continue to watch

Jack Bauer 24

I thought of another one because I saw a preview for the new season starting on Sunday - House of Lies. But the preview was so stupid, that there's a zero percent chance that I will watch it any longer.

I can't stop watching House of Lies,even though it takes everything bad from the "sociopaths-as-protagonists" trope and gives back very little that's novel,but it's good enough -and it has Don Cheadle.

I understand that Californication is pretty much the stupidest, most misogynistic show ever, but I still found it terribly funny and have watched every season with my brother. I'm evil, I know.

There's a scene at a dinner party where a woman with an overblown British accent loudly tells everyone that she got butt-fucked by one of the regulars. And everyone just stands around dealing with that, until an insane actor comes up and starts talking about his own bullshit (can't recall if it was that episode but he considered making himself into a eunuch).

No lie, you feel a sort of existential despair in moments like that. Like,is this why we are here? :P

Downton Abbey had a really, really strong first season. Amazing writing and storylines. Second season was a little worse, but still pretty good. After that, it was all downhill. I still watch it though.

I'm pretty good at quitting once they are terrible but there's a few where I question why I'm still watching.

I'll be surprised if I watch season 2 of "The strain"

I don't think season 4 of "falling skies" is terrible but it's so middle of the road these days I wonder why I'm sticking with it.

The last episode of Dr Who I caught up on, the one in the school, was really bad but without the charm of the first three stories from Sylvester McCoy's infamous first season. Like really amateur dramatics bad. Stephen Moffat needs to go and we need a new producer who can really take chances and spot good scripts.

What's with all the Game of Thrones hate here? It's fucking awesome.

Agreed. Greatest show of all time for me.

For me, it's the adaptation part of it. If I were to judge it without comparing to the book, which I tried and failed, then the show is great. Some of the dialogue is still cringe worthy, adaptation or not.

It's good enough to make millions of casual readers (including myself) embark on a 5000+ page epic journey and thrust the franchise right into the spotlight of mainstream pop culture. It also pretty much made the community here what it is today. So yeah, being critical towards it here is great I guess (hell, even D&D were active members of this forum during pre-production), but openly hate it and add it to 'worst show' lists here? Ugh, that's a bit hipster-ish, to me at least...

For me, it's the adaptation part of it. If I were to judge it without comparing to the book, which I tried and failed, then the show is great. Some of the dialogue is still cringe worthy, adaptation or not.

The adaptation is another reason for it to be on here, since you don't actually have to watch it to know what's going to happen. You're just watching because it's nice to see something you like put on TV (well, and the occasional novel change).

There's a difference between stating you don't like it and openly hating it. And openly hating it on a platform which partly contributed to its inception with a community that grew greatly on its success...

So yeah, hating it here is borderline trolling the rest of us. The rest of us, who even though dont count it as our top5, at least respect it for what it is...

There's a difference between stating you don't like it and openly hating it. And openly hating it on a platform which partly contributed to its inception with a community that grew greatly on its success...

So yeah, hating it here is borderline trolling the rest of us. The rest of us, who even though dont count it as our top5, at least respect it for what it is...

I'm actually thankful for your honesty. A lot of people pretend that it's not about them and their self-image when they get mad that someone doesn't like something they think is great. Glad to see that someone is outright admitting it.

That said, that's really not the way to look at it. Not only is it narcissistic it leads to combativeness and toxicity. You see this on certain forums when someone like Nolan is brought up.

Archived