Worst show that you continue to watch

Jack Bauer 24

For me it was Revolution. I kind of liked it at the beginning and the premise seemed good, but it just never got better. It just got campier and campier.

SOA, final season was good but the couple before that were lame.

The ending for Dexter was unfathomably bad. A potential scene I was particularly looking forward to was everybody's reaction to discovering what Dexter really did in his spare time. Instead, the writer's decided that it would be a great idea for him to run away and become a lumberjack or some shit. The show should have ended in season five, with somebody uncovering the truth about Dexter (probably his step sister) after he slips up from going too far on the warpath/Rita revenge.

As bad as the lumberjack scene was, it wasn't even the worst part of the finale. He swam through a hurricane. A fucking HURRICANE!

I must say Once Upon a Time and Falling skies, Defiance is following them closely.

The most annoying thing about Once Upon a Time is the constant victim blaming and abuse erasure, especially when Regina's the abuser. It's come to a point where the audience is supposed to sympathise with a woman on Joffrey's level of insanity just because she couldn't kill her boyfriend's wife. God every time that woman's on screen I cringe so much :stillsick:

I used to loveh Supernatural, but now I mostly watch it to see how it ends. If they're finally putting it out of its misery. I've heard rumours they're doing season 11 after all...just stop beating the undead horse, please.

Hollyoaks. I win.

I watch it because the acting and storyline is SO bad that it's bloody hilarious. I consider it to be a comedy. If it wasn't so bad, I wouldn't watch it as I usually can't stand soap operas.

All British soap operas are bad :P

Scorpion.

Yep. I don't get to watch it on Mondays, but I do watch it. So far the best thing to say about it is that it has a former Terminator, Blood Rider and Finch in it. But...I'm entertained.

I might as well nominate Spartacus as something that became a chore for me. The first two seasons were brilliant fun. The third was ruined somewhat by increasingly Yoda-like and dreadful dialogue, and being just a bit too preposterous. The fourth skipped characterisation, a sense of irony, passable dialogue and narrative structure almost completely for a series of increasingly unlikely battle scenes. It really became a bit of a bore.

I know I'm kind of a minority in this regard, but personally I actually think Spartacus got better as it went on. Like Blood and Sand definitely has some great moments, but I think people tend to forget about how the first 3 or 4 episodes were kind of boring and the pilot in particular kind of sucked ass. To the contrary I actually think the irony of Spartacus increased as it went on - every season felt more and more intentionally over the top than the next, until by the time of War of the Damned they completely traded in any semblance of taking themselves seriously in favor of striking every pronoun out of the script, making as many ridiculous, unnecessary slow mo cuts as possible, and having "Julius Fucking Caesar" refer to himself in the third person. War of the Damned is my favorite simply because of how absolutely hilarious I find it - Blood and Sand only comes close to being as funny when Batiatus is talking.

I will say that I was bored by most of the rebels actual storyline in War of the Damned though, and Naevia became pretty much intolerable. But I actually liked the War of the Damned more for the Roman storyline, Crassus was badass and easily the most legitimately respectable Spartacus villain (and was actually more like book Stannis than GoTs' Stannis), Caesar was chalked full of over the top smarminess and ironic laughs, and Tiberius...who didn't love to hate Tiberius? Idk maybe some people watched Spartacus more for the rebels, and in that case I can see why they'd dislike War of the Damned. But if nothing else I think we can all agree on the finale - everyone seemed to be pretty happy with it.

Not a single mention for The Following?

I watched the first season for a little bit because I like James Purefoy and thought the whole Edgar Allen Poe deathcult thing was kind of cool...until it turned out everyone and their fucking brother was in it. About halfway through the first season, once it became clear that someone they thought they could trust being in the cult was going to be the twist in every fucking episode, I stopped watching it. And I mean, I watch Spartacus and Da Vincis Demons, so if something is too stupid for me it has to be really fucking stupid, and The Following actually crossed that line.

Downtown Abbey - I haven't watched the latest episode yet, but it's recorded and I'll probably watch it this weekend, maybe tonight. I also don't watch it all the time, but since it comes on before Scandal, I'll still occasionally watch Grey's Anatomy.

I usually give up on shows when they go bad. I gave up on True Blood and Weeds, etc.

ETA: Oh yeah, Once Upon a Time. I think it sucks this year but it's the one primetime TV show that my 10 year old daughter likes that's okay for us to watch together. So we record it and watch it back-to-back when it's hair day.

I absolutely loved Spartacus. I binged the series last year and it's easily one of my favorites of all time.

Yo, are all the fight scenes in slow mo though? I don't want to be the "I saw two minutes and thought it was crap" guy, but damn.

Not a single mention for The Following?

I hate-watched the final 2/3 of season one, then I flushed that turd. Most of the currently running showed mentioned in this thread are also shows I've quit:

Modern Family

Dr. Who

Castle

Once Upon a Time

Revolution

American Horror Story

Glee

Revenge

I guess I don't have the same tolerance for crap that I used to.

Archived