Watch, Watched, Watching: The D Is Silent

Nox Irradiata

Tried to watch another episode of Veronica Mars. I'm so confused why my friends say this was a good show. It's just not.

Banshee is next up, sometime next week probably.

I love it. It's witty, addictive and a really great relationship between Veronica and Keith. It's not the best thing ever but it's definitely entertaining.

Still, you're better off with Banshee. If you don't like VM after the first two episodes, you won't like it.

I liked the first two seasons of the Inbetweeners quite a bit. I was a teenager at the time as well, though. Really didn't like it when it was only LAD humour. Was really disappointed with season 3 and hated the movie and now it's weird to even remember I used to be a fan of the show.

I love it. It's witty, addictive and a really great relationship between Veronica and Keith. It's not the best thing ever but it's definitely entertaining.

Still, you're better off with Banshee. If you don't like VM after the first two episodes, you won't like it.

The second episode (co-starring Paris Hilton if I remember correctly) is probably one of the weakest episodes of the show, but the pilot is a lot more representative so if someone didn't like that the show might not be for them. I did really enjoy the show, but I can see it's not going to be to everyone's taste.

I liked the first two seasons of the Inbetweeners quite a bit. I was a teenager at the time as well, though. Really didn't like it when it was only LAD humour. Was really disappointed with season 3 and hated the movie and now it's weird to even remember I used to be a fan of the show.

Same here. I think my distaste for it came from the LAD BANTZ culture that bedevils the island. But yeah, the show is really sexist and Clarksony, even if it is pretty funny at times.

The second episode (co-starring Paris Hilton if I remember correctly) is probably one of the weakest episodes of the show, but the pilot is a lot more representative so if someone didn't like that the show might not be for them. I did really enjoy the show, but I can see it's not going to be to everyone's taste.

The show comes into its own a few episodes in, I think. Veronica Mars is one of the best works of detective fiction ever once you get past the spotty first few episodes and fairly ridiculous premise.

Tried to watch another episode of Veronica Mars. I'm so confused why my friends say this was a good show. It's just not.

Banshee is next up, sometime next week probably.

I just watched the pilot for Veronica Mars. I had tried to watch it a couple of years ago by the advice of a friend, but was distracted while I was watching it.

Tonight, I thought it was outstanding. I never had bad opinion, but watching it without other things going on really made it enjoyable. I think I am hooked.

I just watched the pilot for Veronica Mars. I had tried to watch it a couple of years ago by the advice of a friend, but was distracted while I was watching it.

Tonight, I thought it was outstanding. I never had bad opinion, but watching it without other things going on really made it enjoyable. I think I am hooked.

I am sort of bummed that I'm not digging it. Same thing has happened with Buffy. It's a loss of some good cultural currency as I'll continue to never get the references.

I am sort of bummed that I'm not digging it. Same thing has happened with Buffy. It's a loss of some good cultural currency as I'll continue to never get the references.

I think there may well be a correlation between how much people like Buffy and how much they like Veronica Mars because there are definitely similarities in the writing styles and sensibilities of Joss Whedon and Rob Thomas and the connection is most obvious with Buffy out of Whedon's shows because they're both set in a High School in a small Californian town. Veronica Mars even makes reference to this in the film having a character visiting Veronica's old school and commenting 'this place really is built on a Hellmouth'.

The show comes into its own a few episodes in, I think. Veronica Mars is one of the best works of detective fiction ever once you get past the spotty first few episodes and fairly ridiculous premise.

I really like the way the mystery unfolds over the first season, aside from a few weak episodes early in the season it's a great example of how to pace a storyline over 22 episodes.

Just watched Interstellar...awesome! Should not have put off watching it because I thought I already knew the premise.

Dredd is a great blood and guns film. I also held Stalone's Judge Dredd against it, unfairly.

Snowpiercer should have gotten more publicity because it is entertaining and has a very powerful message... and some great violence!

That may explain things... I loved Buffy the series, and this show is what I consider Buffy Light.

Archived