Your Random ASOIAF/TWOIAF/D&E Opinions, Confessions and Dirty Secrets, 3

Have some random thoughts coming into your mind while reading?

Thought of a crazy theory but you can't prove it and just want to tell everyone?

Some lines gave you a hunch that you're certain might happen but you have no evidence?

You think X is an idiot and need to tell the world?

Fear no more. We all been there. No discussions. No evidence. Just... random thoughts.

not mix up with small questions or I never noticed that

previous ones, here and here

Enjoy.

(In brackets what triggered these crackpot thoughts)

1. Rhaegar is Tyrion's father (the Tourney in CR ca the right time + the odd attitude of Tywin towards Aerys + Cersei & Lancel)

2. Podrick is one of Robert's bastards, therefore a dragonseed, therefore he will ride Rhaegal (physical description + eyes like eggs all the time + Dunk&Egg + his fame with whores + his loyalty to Tyrion + Tyrion/Viserion)

3. LF is the stone giant (empty armour because he is a living lie, black blood because he is pure evil, his ancestry from Braavos = the Giant, Petyr = Peter = Stone and Bael means stone in Gaelic as well I think)

4. Tyrion is the stone giant (empty helmet because he is a dwarf + Casterly Rock + Greyscale)

5. Sansa and Tyrion will eventually be king and queen of W (the younger and more beautiful queen, her learning the game, their wedding, Tyrion's recognised leadership in desperate situations "half-man!", his large shadow... And everybody else will be dead by the end of the series :drunk: )

I like Brienne as a character but I don't really care for her chapters.

A lot of folks feel that way, but I liked the fight scene on Cracklaw Point, which the authored forshadowed earlier in Feast, by the way. The virtual confirmation that she was Dunk's descendant was cool, and her interactions with Pod, Hyle, and Randyll were interesting if not compelling. The introduction to the High Septon and the Faith Militant was instructive. Septon Meribald was compelling. Finding Sandor was awesome. Having Rorge and Biter get killed was cool, as was crossing paths with the Brotherhood without Banners and the orphans. Oh, and we also got the tale of the clanking dragon.

Targaryens suffer from inferiority-superiority complex. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/InferioritySuperiorityComplex)

It makes sense. They got dragons to compensate their low self-esteem. They appoint Paramounts and Wardens because they don't think they are good enought to have direct control. They marry their own kin because they think others will have no interest in them.

Nailed it.

Targaryens suffer from inferiority-superiority complex. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/InferioritySuperiorityComplex)

It makes sense. They got dragons to compensate their low self-esteem. They appoint Paramounts and Wardens because they don't think they are good enought to have direct control. They marry their own kin because they think others will have no interest in them.

Nailed it.

LMAO!

Also I'm not sure if 2 books will be enough for the great ending I was hoping for.

Plus does it really matter who ends up on the throne? Like say dany wins the throne it won't guarantee her future generations will hold it.

Some of cat's decisions (releasing Jamie) irritate me still.

I don't think Joffrey deserved the death he got..... He got off way to easy.

Will stop reading the books if Jon gets a dragon.... I can just see Jon flying off and doing all this awesome shit like making wight marshmallows and other treats (pun intended).. All while ghost sits in his kennel..... All alone while Jon slowly forgets him. (tears)

The Starks have to meet up (including Jon and stoneheart) for the pack to survive.

Mereen chapters ruined most of my experience as the names become I mug to handle (I knew character setter by description than name)

Dany flew drogon..... I thought this was the massive spark to her story that would ignite the rest of her arc like wildfire.....

There's been so many death scares or cliff hangers by time Jon's "murder" came around i actually laughed

The following characters annoy me for reasons I don't know.... Brienne, Sansa, cersei, anyone from dorne except oberyn and cat

I don't really like Brandon Stark (Ned's brother).

I like the idea of Roose being a vampire/skinchanger/related to the Others or whatever but I don't totally believe it unless there's more evidence for that in TWOW.

I memorized the full name of Wun Wun (Wun Weg Wun Dar Wun) and some of the Meereneese characters.

Viserys used to be my favorite character.

I think Cersei does love Jaime and her kids (just in a very twisted way).

I don't understand the Bran hate, Bran's chapters have always been some of my favorites. Slow, sure, but interesting and different and usually written really well.

The Bran chapters in DWD are my favourite in the book- I love the horror esque feeling they have, to me it makes Brans POV entirely unique.

, I am one of "those" that find Dany's entire experience in Mereen to be incredibly droll.

I dont like the names, the repetive nature of the chapters, the cheesiness of the antagonists. the same problems with same solutions. and I find Dany's overall experience with Queenhood distasfull,- if its any indication of what we will get from her in Westeros, then I hope she dies fighting the others...( The best way to determines ones future actions is by examining their past ones) I admire the fact that she empathizes with slaves, its important to empathize with the common man, however I dislike how she never even tries to understand the Masters way of thought. Empathizing with the common man is admirable, but she has to win over the Lords of Westeros if she wants to be known as anything but a war mongering Dictator. - Save the slaves with blood and fire seems to be Dany's Operus Mundi. In my opinion, slavery is awful ,- but war is worse.

Am I the only one who thinks Dany's chaining of her dragons to be despicable? For me, it was only the first of things she did that hs slowley caused me to dislike her chapter POV. Am I the only one vying for Dragons rights? If I was Drogon I would probably have roasted Dany and saved my brothers from being Slaves to the hypocrital queen.

I Hate How easily Dany obtianed the Unsullied army in her "deal" with the Wise Masters. In my opinion its the greatest instance of stupidity in the entire book and sparks intellectual thought as much as the plot from a childrens story.

I read somewhere on this forum that its like:

Dany: Ill trade you some valuable gems for a gun

Wise Master: Sure, -- deal is made in the middle of a forest with no way for the Master to defend himself.

Dany: thanks for the Gun, Oh, its already loaded. So, you want your jewel? Sorry only those with Dragon Blood can have them...

Master: Opps...

Merret wasn't innocent lol

This. I scratch my head whenever people count him among the "good" Freys. Also, if I were him, I would've told Robb about the Red Wedding and I would've ended up as Lord of the Twins

This. I scratch my head whenever people count him among the "good" Freys. Also, if I were him, I would've told Robb about the Red Wedding and I would've ended up as Lord of the Twins

Possibly, but how would Robb deal with that knowledge? He can't storm the Twins and he can't take the North? What would his options be? A desperate battle against a superior force at KL or sue for peace?

Possibly, but how would Robb deal with that knowledge? He can't storm the Twins and he can't take the North? What would his options be? A desperate battle against a superior force at KL or sue for peace?

He goes to the wedding as if nothing is wrong and then he out-Freys the Freys by taking the Twins from within

Archived