Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens ( Thread C-3PO )

Bluetiger

Phasma is worse than all those IMO, not just because it's new.

Qui Gon Jin I liked as soon as I heard it, General Grievous I hated as soon as I heard it.

If the character is good enough it erases a name I don't like.

Darth Maul - stupid name but doesn't matter, badass character

There is a character named Porkins? :lol:

(I have just watched the 6 movies, so I have no idea about the EU or novels or cartoons or games or whatever other characters.)

But yeah, I agree that it is probably just because I am used to the other names and know which characters they belong to that I do not find them silly at all.

I actually really like the word Tatooine.

(I have just watched the 6 movies, so I have no idea about the EU or novels or cartoons or games or whatever other characters.)

But yeah, I agree that it is probably just because I am used to the other names and know which characters they belong to that I do not find them silly at all.

I actually really like the word Tatooine.

Porkins was one of the pilots for the Rebels during the destruction of the first Death Star. He was Red Six.

There's also the fact that 30 years ago it was difficult to get a character's name out there almost a year before the movie was released.

My first experience of Boba Fett was seeing him on TV, not hearing the name for a year first.

Qui Gon Jin I liked as soon as I heard it, General Grievous I hated as soon as I heard it.

Jar Jar.Savage Oppress. Saesee Tiin. Coleman Kcaj. Yarael Poof.

The list goes on and on. :lol: I don't think it's the worst Star Wars name ever.

Porkins was one of the pilots for the Rebels during the destruction of the first Death Star. He was Red Six.

(The fat one.)

On May the 4th, my Facebook feed was inundated with Star Wars pictures and meme's of varying quality/humor.

By far my favorite was a picture of Ben and Luke in his cave the first time Luke holds the lightsaber. The caption says "This was your father's lightsaber... he murdered 30 children with it."

:lol:

We have to ease her into these things.

I accidentally spoiled the whole Vader/Luke thing in TTTNE assuming she knew about it, and got told off! :P

Was it not HC? :P

No, actually I knew Luke and Leia were Vader's children. What I did not know was that Anakin is the one who turns into Vader because I only watched The Phantom Menace by then.

On May the 4th, my Facebook feed was inundated with Star Wars pictures and meme's of varying quality/humor.

By far my favorite was a picture of Ben and Luke in his cave the first time Luke holds the lightsaber. The caption says "This was your father's lightsaber... he murdered 30 children with it."

Oh that is just cruel. :(

Thanks for the link, TM.

:lol:

Wow. Never thought of that... :lol:

"Your father wanted you to have this when you were old enough, though your uncle wouldn't allow it. No idea why. It's not like I took this out of the police evidence room because it's a murder weapon linking your father to over 50 deaths, including children who looked up to him. All to pay for your mother's life with blood. Then he killed her. Well, not completely. She actually died of a broken heart, even though she had you and your sis... um, future to live for. Never mind any of that. Here. Try not to chop off your hand with it."

Yoda, Chewie, Tatooine, Boba Fett....

Yeah, Phasma isn't a great name, but it's par for the course.

Jar Jar.Savage Oppress. Saesee Tiin. Coleman Kcaj. Yarael Poof.

The list goes on and on. :lol: I don't think it's the worst Star Wars name ever.

But calling a slave on a desolate planet filled with moisture farms "Skywalker" is a great name...

But calling a slave on a desolate planet filled with moisture farms "Skywalker" is a great name...

Anakin wasn't born on Tatooine and his family were from..........( I'll check) the planet's name

He is also

'son' of great Sith Lord - Palpatine and result of Darth Plagueis's experiment

Yeah, but Skywalker is at least a plausible name, you could imagine it having been translated from other cultures. Besides, people don't have to be named after where they are from, it'd be like criticizing Dawn French for not being French. :lol:

Archived