Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens ( Thread C-3PO )

Bluetiger

Hong Kong action star Donnie Yen has been cast as a Jedi in Episode VIII. The story says he will appear alongside Han Solo, but this is the first mention that Ford will be in the movie.

It also said he will be in Rogue One... But I thought that movie was set before Luke reintroduced the Jedi. :dunno:

How many Jedi managed to survive up until the story in the first film? I was under the impression that Obi-Wan and Yoda were truly the last, and I would rather that everything that is now canon stuck with that. Luke should re-build the Jedi order on his own.

How many Jedi managed to survive up until the story in the first film? I was under the impression that Obi-Wan and Yoda were truly the last, and I would rather that everything that is now canon stuck with that. Luke should re-build the Jedi order on his own.

I'm near positive Star Wars Rebels is canon (it only premiered in October last year, which I think was after the big canon shift; someone correct me if I'm wrong) and that has other Jedi survivors. Also, I've never seen it, but I hope that means Freddie Prinze Jr. will eventually show up in one of the new films.

I'm near positive Star Wars Rebels is canon (it only premiered in October last year, which I think was after the big canon shift; someone correct me if I'm wrong) and that has other Jedi survivors. Also, I've never seen it, but I hope that means Freddie Prinze Jr. will eventually show up in one of the new films.

As far as I know Rebels takes place before the OT. So I hope Freddie dies in Rebels, along with the other extra survivors. :devil: Like Palpatine said.

It makes the "there is another" comment from Yoda to Obi-Wan redundant if there was anyone other than Leia with the Force. I'm fine with there being more running around before that point (Rebels) but it's messing too much with the overall story to have more than Yoda, Obi-wan (already dead), Luke, Leia, Vader and Palpatine as force bearers after Empire strikes back is a bit off.

Plus having watched "Rebels" I realised one of the (many) factors that ruined the prequels (and even clone wars to some extent) is that the Jedi aren't special. When one turns up in Rebels, I got a chill especially because of the reaction of people seeing the Jedi still exist. That only works if there aren't loads of them and I really hope this is something the new films keep in mind. The Jedi should be special and cause fear and awe in those who witness them.

So I hope it's just a rumour about Donnie Yen being in both prequels and sequels. Unless he's a slow ageing alien I'd think it would be tricky for him to play a character with such an age difference when Han and co have clearly aged between films. I do hope he's in one of the films though as the implication is that they are going for more "natural" Jedi ninja skills (or at least just amplifying natural talent) with martial artists like him and iko uwais involved

He could play a force sensitive person in Rogue One who has no idea what he is and later become one of Luke's first students.

I can't recall Leia being anything more than that so Obi wan should have been able to detect it in others. "no prize" get out is either;

- Leia is super powerful so her latent Force is detectable whereas low levellers aren't

- Obi Wan is full of shit and he's merely using his knowledge that Luke has a twin. There could be hundreds kicking around.

As I'm enjoying Rebels, I'd certainly like it to be the case that some of those characters aren't destined to be killed before episode IV begins.

I can't recall Leia being anything more than that so Obi wan should have been able to detect it in others. "no prize" get out is either;

- Leia is super powerful so her latent Force is detectable whereas low levellers aren't

- Obi Wan is full of shit and he's merely using his knowledge that Luke has a twin. There could be hundreds kicking around.

As I'm enjoying Rebels, I'd certainly like it to be the case that some of those characters aren't destined to be killed before episode IV begins.

Or OniWan needs to be within a certain proximity of the person to tell if force sensitive. And the proximity on first Death Star close enough.

Or OniWan needs to be within a certain proximity of the person to tell if force sensitive. And the proximity on first Death Star close enough.

See? We're already coming up with multiple loop-holes. I'm sure Disney has - although they don't necessarily even have to bother.

Nah.

Watch 4 and 5 so you get the big reveal. Then go back and watch how anakin fell. No need for 1 at all.

Then find out how it all ends.

Best part about this is that it makes luke really ambiguous when you see him in rotj. He is dressed like anakin, he force chokes people, and it's not quite clear if he's gone to the dark side.

I have an even better idea. Watch 4 and 5, then go to Wikipedia and read the synopsis of the prequel movies, one by one, your imagination will create much more awesome scenarios in your mind, rather than the stiff scenes we got in the prequel films themselves.

Please don't be a CGI-enhanced Harrison Ford, please don't be a CGI-enhanced Harrison Ford.

I also, sadly, think Nathan Fillion is too old now to be a young Han Solo either. I'm also hoping it doesn't go to any of the Chrises (Evans, Pine, Pratt); they're all in enough franchises as is, and Star Lord basically is Han Solo anyway. Honest thought, Channing Tatum would be a good fit.

Please don't be a CGI-enhanced Harrison Ford, please don't be a CGI-enhanced Harrison Ford.

I also, sadly, think Nathan Fillion is too old now to be a young Han Solo either. I'm also hoping it doesn't go to any of the Chrises (Evans, Pine, Pratt); they're all in enough franchises as is, and Star Lord basically is Han Solo anyway. Honest thought, Channing Tatum would be a good fit.

What's Young Indians Jones doing these days?

I think that's just a troll/bot that replies to threads with something copied and pasted from an earlier post.

In this case post 113 in this thread.

That's so weird. Why isn't it telling us we can make hundreds of dollars a week working from home like all the others?

Archived