Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens ( Thread C-3PO )

Bluetiger

I got chills watching that. I'm feeling more and more that JJ was the right choice.

Don't know about right choice, but it is obvious he's giving this more attention than he ever did Trek. Damn him.

And he's still getting my money. Likely twice or the times.

That was more emotional than as exciting as the teasers. Great watch, really hopeful about the film now.

The cast are so hyped to be a part of it, obviously. They seem confident that it's going to be good too, which is even better :D

Always a good sign.

This is also why I love Ray Park (who I think was not there.) Whenever he talks about SW he always just seems so excited and hyper. It is incredibly endearing.

Don't know about right choice, but it is obvious he's giving this more attention than he ever did Trek. Damn him.

I think he was as good a choice as any, I suppose. The guy I really wanted was Brad Bird, who turned it down because George Clooney had already committed to Tomorrowland and he didn't want to let him down. I wonder if he regrets that now.

the two points of emphasis need to be

1) Get back to realistic effects. Looks like they are trying hard to do that.

2) Don't rely on nostalgia for unearned feels, don't service fanboys with "Yoda-with-a-lightsaber" type stuff. We'll see about this one.

JJ always said he was a Star Wars fan, and not really a Trek fan. So the passion for the source material may make all the difference.

JJ always said he was a Star Wars fan, and not really a Trek fan. So the passion for the source material may make all the difference.

Which is great. Makes his Trek that much more a travesty. But I'm pragmatic enough to disassociate the two. I want this Star Wars to be successful.

I'm fairly confident about Ep 7. Good cast, good director, the Might of Disney being put to good use by a good crew making full use of the high production value.....

About the rest of their plans for the franchise though..... as long as every installment has it's own tone and feel and they avoid an overarching formula , they'll be fine ,I guess.

I just watched the Comic Con panel. It's great to see Harrison actually happy to be involved, excited about the script, and not slam the thing that put him on the movie map. :)

Now I need to to get something out of my eye that I got while watching the behind the scenes video.

I just watched the Comic Con panel. It's great to see Harrison actually happy to be involved, excited about the script, and not slam the thing that put him on the movie map. :)

Now I need to to get something out of my eye that I got while watching the behind the scenes video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fMx670jOnw

I have watched this twice now. I just took an hour away from all of your lives, and you are welcome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTNJ51ghzdY

This is the behind the scenes look in case you guys haven't seen it yet.

I wear my tears with pride....

Of course Harrison is happy to be involved in the film, his career is relatively in the shitter.

Archived