Star Wars Episode VII: The Fourth Awakens

Rhom

Oh... And now I've just seen this: Hasbro's compete line up of Star Wars toys for this fall.

I'm sure I will be purchasing many of these for Christmas.

The Bladebuilder's line makes me weep for my childhood though...

ETA: The Furbacca is somewhat adorable. (Cross between a Furby and Chewbacca.)

Oh... And now I've just seen this: Hasbro's compete line up of Star Wars toys for this fall.

I'm sure I will be purchasing many of these for Christmas.

The Bladebuilder's line makes me weep for my childhood though...

ETA: The Furbacca is somewhat adorable. (Cross between a Furby and Chewbacca.)

The last time a Star Wars movie came out I couldn't afford a $400 Lego Super Star Destroyer. Now I can... I'm really worried my willpower won't hold up lol. It's so cool...

Ah crap, now it's $1000.  :lol:

The last time a Star Wars movie came out I couldn't afford a $400 Lego Super Star Destroyer. Now I can... I'm really worried my willpower won't hold up lol. It's so cool...

Ah crap, now it's $1000.   :lol:

That price is probably pre-release price. Check again next Friday.

I think it's post release, sadly, if you catch my drift. I've heard it's been discontinued. :( Hopefully they'll relaunch it though. 3152 pieces! 

ETA: Man, I'd love to have a LEGO diorama of the Battle of Endor. :lol:

Ah crap, now it's $1000.   :lol:

There's only 2 left! Don't wait! Get it now!!!!!!!

I think it's post release, sadly, if you catch my drift. I've heard it's been discontinued. :( Hopefully they'll relaunch it though. 3152 pieces! 

ETA: Man, I'd love to have a LEGO diorama of the Battle of Endor. :lol:

My bad. Misread and thought that was a new Lego set. :(

Serious question. Did you guys look at the Hasbro link and flip through to the Bladebuilders line of toys?

I really do worry about the implications of things. It shows "Over a 100 possible combinations" and has everything from lightsaber tridents to Kylo Ren's crossguard saber. The "cover model" picture looks to have a handle similar to the blaster/saber in Star Wars Rebels and then has small lightsaber dagger things all over it. :(

My four year old will geek out over it when he gets it for Christmas and I will die a little inside...

Yeah, that blade builders thing looks awesome for the kids. Each bit sold separately I assume, so instead of paying $30 for a $2 hunk of plastic that evokes an ordinary lightsabre parents will be forking out hundreds of dollars for several $2 hunks of plastic so their kids can custom make their own light sabre.

I would like to see them produce an actual build your own light sabre kit, like the Padawans have to do in in the Clone wars series. where you have to put all the circuitry together, put the hilt together using a kitset of various parts, multiple LEDs for your own blade colour etc.

The hype seems to be really building, but I'm staying firmly sceptical because there's a good chance this new round of movies will be more like the Annakin tales than the Luke chronicles.

@Lord Sidious

I am going to sit this one out and watch it on the Holonet. Kylo Ren? a credible user of the Dark Side of the Force?,eh heh heh heh, damn I've spilt my coffee.

The whole franchise is utter nonsense. The idea that 'Kylo Ren' is more ridiculous than Darth Sidious or Vader is laughable.

@Lord Sidious

The whole franchise is utter nonsense. The idea that 'Kylo Ren' is more ridiculous than Darth Sidious or Vader is laughable.

To be fair, Sidious is a contraction of Insidious, and Darth and Vader are actual words, albeit not in English, and they're themed. Kylo Ren is a cool enough Star Wars name though, IMO.

To be fair, Sidious is a contraction of Insidious, and Darth and Vader are actual words, albeit not in English, and they're themed. Kylo Ren is a cool enough Star Wars name though, IMO.

Yes, being named Sidious is a s stupid as being called Cruella de Vil. And whilst Vader does mean father in Dutch, it is pronounced differently. It seems more likely to me it came from Invader, which is just as silly as Sidious.

Awwwww, after the last two I was hoping this thread would be titled something like "May the fourth thread be with you" or Thread the fourth be with you". :(

I guess it's true what they say, Snokeing is addictive.

Not an Episode VII comment, but I thought I'd ask about the Clone Wars cartoon.  I'd heard good things about it, and since they seem to be tying in some characters to the new Rebels show, I thought I'd finally sit down and watch.  The kids and I are about 10 episodes in, and I'm...less than impressed.  Maybe too much hype?  Does it get better in later seasons?  There have been some decent episodes, but some leave me scratching my head.  In particular there have been two Jar Jar centric episodes that feature Jar Jar being especially...Jar Jarish.  There's also been at least one big plot discontinuity.  At the end of the previous episode we watched, pirates had kidnapped Dooku, and then spiked the drinks of Obi-Wan and Anakin.  Obi-Wan and Anakin realized this, though, and used the Force to switch their drinks with some pirates.  Yet at the beginning of the next episode, they wake up in a cell, as if they had drunk the spiked drinks.  And then that episode was particularly goofy with Obi-Wan, Anakin and Dooky all tied together with some sort of...laser belt. 

Anyway, 10 or so episodes in, and I'm not seeing the reason for the hype.  I'm hoping it gets better....

Awwwww, after the last two I was hoping this thread would be titled something like "May the fourth thread be with you" or Thread the fourth be with you". :(

I guess it's true what they say, Snokeing is addictive.

Seconded on thread title change to May the Fourth be with you...

Also, I am going to buy every single action figure this year to collect and will still take them out of the case to play with them because I have no will power. Jeesh, I am 46 years old

Archived