Football LXXX: Transfers, preseason & ongoing seasons

Mexal

Apparently Man Utd are close to pulling out of the deal for Vidal because the £35m price tag is too high.

Not really sure how they came to that conclusion after the £29m fee for Herrera.

Apparently Man Utd are close to pulling out of the deal for Vidal because the £35m price tag is too high.

Not really sure how they came to that conclusion after the £29m fee for Herrera.

I was thinking the same thing. Same with spending 30 mil on Shaw. Vidal is one of the best CMs in the world. Pay it.

Some transfer gossip. Filipe Luis set to undergo a medical at Chelsea ahead of a proposed £20m move from Atletico. Di Maria has reportedly turned down a move to PSG and Cavani has instructed his agent to look into a possible move to the EPL. Reports also suggest that Arsenal's pursuit of Khedira has stalled due to the players wage demands.

We'll see on Khedira. I heard about his wage demands right when it was announced we were pursuing him which to me says nothing is new on that front and probably won't be for a few days since he's likely in Germany partying it up still. Khedira supposedly wants 150k-200k a week and with Ozil/Sanchez on 130k, it'll never ever happen. Either he accepts that or doesn't. I think he does, especially with Kroos moving in.

Markovic is official. 19.8. Pretty pretty excited about him. Lots of good things being said. Hopefully BR can get the best out of him.

Cool. Nice signing. I'll be interested to see how good he is.

Conte resigns from Juve

That's an attractive job.

Edit: wonder if the board agrred to sell Vidal or Pogba and that's why he left :dunno:

This does seem to come out of nowhere. If it's due to Vidal and he ends up at United, I'll be happy he's in the league and I can watch him regularly since he's awesome but I'll start to get very scared that United is going to be very good this season. There is going to be a good team left out of the top 4 this season.

I reckon we'll see him take over the Italian national team pretty soon.

This could spell trouble for Juve. Losing a coach who had them playing some wonderful and largely effective football. Vidal's potential departure won't help things, he is a vital lynchpin in that midfield and it's his tireless box to box running that allows Pirlo to do his thing. The trouble now will be in finding a suitable replacement for him, I wouldn't be surprised to see Vincenzo Montella take over.

I'm glad the whole markovic saga is finally over. Hopefully now BR can finally focus on that LB & CB that we desperately need. #Morevren

Idk how accurate these reports are. I read one saying United want a reduction on the £32m fee. Seems a bit silly to me. Vidal is one the best box-to-box midfilders in the world and £35m seems a reasonable fee. Vidal and Hummels should be top priority and we should do whatever it takes to get them.

Nah, it'll be Liverpool.

Conventional sense says it will be but I don't think Liverpool is done and I think their defense will be better next season should they make the signings they need. Their midfield is already good and while they don't have Suarez anymore, Sturridge did a great job in his absence last year. I do think their depth, especially up front and in the back, will need to be a lot stronger now that they have CL to contend with. Who is after Sturridge?

Archived