Fate of Jon Snow might differ from Books

D2procon

the dragon that will wake from the stones is Jon snow..it might not even be Mel's magic that wakes him, it could be the magic of the wall itself or may be some form of contact with the white walkers..we know from the books cold hands is a good white so it is very possible Jon could return as one (star wars choosen one ends up being the darth vader who eventually kills the bad guy) and end them from within

Yes Dilshan! I agree with you that "the dragon that will wake from the stones is Jon Snow" and that "it could be the magic of The Wall itself" which heals him! :)

I've always been inclined to believe that Jon Snow's body will be taken to the ice cells beneath The Wall, (they won't have time to burn him, as all hell will break loose when the faithful NW & wildlings who were about to go to Winterfell with Jon, find out he's been murdered.) In the ensuing fight, his body will be taken to the cells - where he will be healed by the powerful (ice?) magic the CotF created it with and 'born again' in the ice; the way that Danaerys was 'born again' in the fire.

Several things point to this:

1. Ned Stark told Jon Snow in season 1 that he has "Stark blood running through his veins" and we all know that Bran 'the Builder' Stark built The Wall, so there may be an ancestral claim in the magic there that can heal him and only him, because if he is Lyanna Stark & Rhaegar Targaryen's son and therefore TPTWP, "his is the song of ice and fire" so the prophecy will come true.

2. Dany’s vision in the House of the Undying, of "the blue rose growing in the chink of ice” likely represents Jon Snow (son of the blue winter rose - Lyanna Stark) growing stronger being in (an ice cell beneath) The Wall.

3. As a true Stark - evidenced by Jon's ability to warg in to his direwolf Ghost - a creature of the North and the Old Gods, just like Arya and Bran can; then ice is a protector of his family line. Like Ned's Valyrian sword 'Ice.'

4. Maester Aemon (Targaryen) told Sam before he died, "Lord Snow could not have known, but I should have seen it. Fire consumes, but cold preserves. The Wall…” So by putting Jon's body in an ice cell beneath The Wall, it preserves it but because of the magic in The Wall, he won't become a Wight - because The Wall was created with spells which repel the power of The Others.

Thoughts?

There is an March 2015 interview at Oxford with the Ds, Harington, and Bradley and here is the link: http://watchersonthewall.com/oxford-union-panel-with-dd-kit-harington-and-john-bradley/ It is fairly long and I only raise it here for 2 reasons.

1. The actors are asked who they might like to play in the show, other than themselves. Bradley says Varys but Kit says he would like to be in a wolf One of the Ds says: I have two words for you. Season 6.

2. During the same interview, Kit is asked about who he thinks is Jon Snow's mother. He states that he has no idea and prefers none of the theories on it. He says that since Jon does not know, why should he (Kit). In order to play Jon properly, he needs to know only what Jon knows. Perhaps, if this is part of Kit's acting process, the directors did tell him explicitly that Jon Snow dies. Because that is all Kit needs to know.

I too am doubting because of all the talk from the show people about Jon Snow being dead, dead, dead. But then I swing back to the narrative sense and cannot believe Jon Snow is dead.

I've been shaking my head at people who've said they're "done" with the show so far, but if this happens and it doesn't happen in TWOW, I really will be done. Unless the biggest fan theories around are totally wrong, not bringing Jon back would be like nixing Luke in The Empire Strikes Back. Simply irredeemable.

On the show it would be getting Jon out of the way so Dany and St Tyrion can swoop in with the dragons and save the day.

The same dragon that almost died against the harpy who really have no clue how to properly fight.

Guess we know how this is going to end. Nights King will sit in the Iron Throne.

I've been shaking my head at people who've said they're "done" with the show so far, but if this happens and it doesn't happen in TWOW, I really will be done. Unless the biggest fan theories around are totally wrong, not bringing Jon back would be like nixing Luke in The Empire Strikes Back. Simply irredeemable.

I'll only watch the series if it's revealed that Jon comes back.

If Carice, Liam and the Tormund actor come back next season, then I think there's a good chance Jon's coming back. if not, then they're skipping a year or not coming back at all.

Carice did say she wasn't sure if she would be back next year, which I never understood and still don't understand. She was never in danger, but was she just trying to hype the battle?

Carice did say she wasn't sure if she would be back next year, which I never understood and still don't understand. She was never in danger, but was she just trying to hype the battle?

Did she? That doesn't bode well then I think. Maybe by the end of this season D+D decided to keep Jon dead or something. Ah well, I used to tell people that I didn't buy into this crap about how it's a great show because no one is safe and it's realistic. Killing too many interesting characters is just as bad as not killing anyone. GRRM is as much to blame in my opinion.

All of the comments make me wonder if Jon Snow will be gone for season 6 but return for season 7. Maybe during season 6 his body is in the ice cells, but his soul/consciousness/essential self wanders with Ghost and we have a good bit of Ghost for season 6. Initially, I find that unsatisfying but it is one possible conclusion that lets the directors, writers, and actors be telling us the absolute truth, yet still not. Does anybody know if ANY other actors on the show have confirmed Kit being out of season 6?

All of the comments make me wonder if Jon Snow will be gone for season 6 but return for season 7. Maybe during season 6 his body is in the ice cells, but his soul/consciousness/essential self wanders with Ghost and we have a good bit of Ghost for season 6. Initially, I find that unsatisfying but it is one possible conclusion that lets the directors, writers, and actors be telling us the absolute truth, yet still not. Does anybody know if ANY other actors on the show have confirmed Kit being out of season 6?

But here's the problem. Why would Night's Watch put his body to ice cells? He's traitor to them, son of the traitor, lower of the lowest. Thorne is now basically LC of the Night's Watch,and he will want to burn his body. Here's the part we can agree. Maybe his soul escaped to Ghost and Jon will be back in different body.

But here's the problem. Why would Night's Watch put his body to ice cells? He's traitor to them, son of the traitor, lower of the lowest. Thorne is now basically LC of the Night's Watch,and he will want to burn his body. Here's the part we can agree. Maybe his soul escaped to Ghost and Jon will be back in different body.

You are right, I didn't think of that! Well, if they burn the body, and Jon is in Ghost, we have a big problem :-)

If that happened, then there would be no point in Jon having Targaryen blood, since he would be in a body that didn't have it.

I do agree that they wouldn't store him in the ice cells...burning sounds like the most logical option.

If one can glean anything from the treatment of "For the Watch" in the show it is that theories that Jon is only somewhat hurt in the book are probably incorrect and that he does in fact die.

In the show, I think Mel will revive him fairly quickly; within the first three episodes. Why? Because if that wasn't the intention, why make a point to have Mel show up at the Wall. If they were going to have it happen at the end of the season there wouldn't be any point to having her there as the stabbing unfolds.

In the books I think it will be more complex, Ghost and warging will be involved, the burning of Shireen (I believe in an attempt to bring back Stannis), along with Bran and Mel somehow.

In a show that cuts out so much, the inclusion of the Beric and Mel stuff has to mean something... hell even having Beric's story at all in the show lends itself to Jon coming back in a similar way.

I'll have to go back and look, but in the books does the timing of Beric's first resurrection correlate to the death or sacrifice of any notable figures, especially "King's Blood" characters?

Archived