(Spoilers)True Detective Season 2: gold teeth optional

Elder Sister

Did anyone notice the little statues that Ani's mum made? Their eyes appeared to be darker, like the eyes on the bodies.

No, but good call.

My other observation was Ani's dad remarking on V's past lives and the theme song, " My Least Favorite Life."

I finally felt like the season was picking up some dramatic momentum after spinning its wheels for a bit, but the shootout totally took me out of it. Everything that felt real and well-crafted about the action pieces in s1 was missing.

:agree: I felt the first few episodes got a little lost in the backstories of its characters. Now that it has started to deal a bit more with the murder and corruption/conspiracy, it has become more interesting.

This episode so far is very good.  I'm enjoying the interplay with Vince Vaughn and pretty much everyone.  He's really doing well in this one.  I also love how we've fast forwarded in time and see the aftermath of the shootout.  

But please, TD.  No more of the guitar lady and her sappy, sad songs.  Gahhhhh.

ETA:  Holy CRAP.  So Velcoro really killed that guy, who turned out to be the wrong guy.  HOLY CRAP.

Some really good individual scenes, and I liked that the plot made some big advancements, but the editing was really, really weird this episode. Stuff like the scenes near the end cutting back and forth to each other for no apparent reason, VV and KR's fight scene in the middle broken up by some other scene, the DA bringing the team back together happening out of nowhere and so quickly after RM tried to get him investigating again. It flowed really oddly.

Really good episode, I'd probably agree it's the best of the season so far.

Ani in the Sexual harassment meeting had me cracking up. :lol:

Damn, Rick Springfield took a beating.

Velcoro was surprisingly restrained with Frank at the end there. I expected some serious fireworks. Maybe next week.

It's in Velcoro's best interest to keep his anger in his back pocket, and use his tailing of Semyon's employee(can't remember his name) to get as much info from Frank as needed.

But yeah, great episode, I'm officially invested in these characters. They may even have a better finish than season 1.

I loved every second of episode 5. I'm embracing the camp dialogue, the pulp, the coincidences. All of a sudden, with the time jump, I find myself much more invested in the characters, especially Ani, Jordan, and Frank. I really liked the club scene with the last two where Jordan tells Frank to come home and he second guesses the glass of whiskey.

Intriguing stuff up north, poor Ray, Dr. Rick beat down,and two-faced Dixon, I'm all in. Sigh, just like I dove into last season's rabbit hole...

Finally an episode that got me excited about this season and I guess Dixon wasn't lying when he told Ray earlier that he wanted him to burn all his stuff when he died. Velcoro's scene next week with Frank is gonna be great.

Archived