Arrow Season 4: For the Night is Darhk and Full of Terrors...

Jaxom 1974

34 minutes ago, sifth said:

Pretty sure no one blamed Laurel for dragging the show down this year. It was Felicity I believe.

Eh, not in my view. Laurel became this weird period at the end of every sentence about the show, even when she was barely in an episode. The most egregious aspect of all of this is Guggenheim's interviews, where he admits that they had no idea what they were doing when they filmed the original funeral scene in the premiere. There is no rhyme or reason to the way they're arcing this show. They literally decide on something and don't give any thought to how they'll get there. The fact that he would admit to this in the media is amazing to me. It's like admitting you don't wash your hands after you shit. This show is written episode to episode.

14 hours ago, sifth said:

Pretty sure no one blamed Laurel for dragging the show down this year. It was Felicity I believe.

*Crushes on a guy who she knows is all about keeping secrets, even from her*

*Proceeds to break up with him because he keeps secrets*

Ugh, love is sweet, but it cant change a man's character, babe.

I have to say that I don't buy the death.  The fact that Oliver was the only one in the room when she "died" just reeks of fabrication.  In the key moment Oliver is fighting Dark, Black Canary will show up and suprise him, I have no doubt.

On 4/8/2016 at 3:18 PM, Red Tiger said:

Ugh, love is sweet, but it cant change a man's character, babe.

Now that was Lyanna Stark handbook...

Yeah, I agree. It is rather absurd that she can't forgive Oliver for keeping secrets when in fact it's all he has been doing his entire life.

To add to that: "You don't trust my brother, the man who spent half of his life lying to me?"

This year entire cast seems like redundant. Thea, Laurel, Felicity, even Diggle... No one serves any actual point. 

34 minutes ago, Risto said:

Now that was Lyanna Stark handbook...

Yeah, I agree. It is rather absurd that she can't forgive Oliver for keeping secrets when in fact it's all he has been doing his entire life.

To add to that: "You don't trust my brother, the man who spent half of his life lying to me?"

This year entire cast seems like redundant. Thea, Laurel, Felicity, even Diggle... No one serves any actual point. 

Off course, but I consider it the most truthful line in the books.

A bit late to this party - I've finished season 1 and have just started season 2.

Does it get any better? I thought the 2nd half of season 1 was pretty ordinary. The acting is really bad - especially Oliver! Characters take massive leaps of logic because the plot demands that they be suspicious of someone...

Should I just accept this as part of the show's charm? I first watched Daredevil and Jessica Jones and really enjoyed those so I thought I'd give this comic book TV show a try but have been a bit disappointed so far.

1 hour ago, Vels said:

A bit late to this party - I've finished season 1 and have just started season 2.

Does it get any better?

No

I dont wanna be a buzzkil but 1 was the best season, afterwards it just becomes more soapy and you have to stop thinking more and more.

You're not going to get DD or JJ level quality, acting and writing wise they are well clear of the pack. But what these shows give you is more true to the comics powers. But yeah I'm afraid to say this show has spent a lot of time meandering in moody pouty circles.

I'd throw in a suggestion to give AoS a shot, that is a show that does start out weak but has really improved.

Why the effin'eff, do you smash apart a magic idol that grants magical powers only if you kill someone and steal their souls in order to once and for all defeat the most evil menace you've ever encountered, only to reconstruct it? That shit does not need to exist, you grind it into dust, put it in a lead lined, adamantium (wrong universe I know) box and drop it into the deepest part of the ocean. 

This is Barry Allen levels of stupid.

• 2 weeks later...

Rather good episode, I thought. Finally seeing the grave scene in full context was in no way interesting (Ollie is determined to stop the season's main villain ahead of the finale? Really, who would've thought?), but most of everything else worked pretty well, especially Captain Lance's story.

Oh ffs, if this "Laurel is 'dead'" arc is just about getting Laurel and Oliver together...well I'd say that I'll quit watching but actually I was planning on dumping all of the CW DC shows anyway.  I'm still assuming Laurel isn't dead for good, because that no longer happens on this show.

Anyone see Felicity's horrifying outfit?  That shirt!  wtf?  

1 hour ago, Risto said:

Did I miss something or Barry got his speed back?

These shows don't plan out their seasons, so they didn't know that Barry would lose his speed.  The tone of the pre-filmed scenes were so off and jarring because they didn't end up writing the season to match what we see.  It's all so weird.  

If Laurel isn't really "dead" and will be resurrected, how in the world did the writers forget to include the lines "They killed Laurel! You Bastards!"? That's, like, criminal neglect.

49 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

This show has so fucked up the death-does-not-equal-death trick that we could go another 5 seasons without Laurel and I still wouldn't believe she was truly dead.  

But at least then she wouldn't be brought back within the show itself, because surely this show won't be on the air for 10 seasons.

38 minutes ago, Jon AS said:

But at least then she wouldn't be brought back within the show itself, because surely this show won't be on the air for 10 seasons.

You never know with the CW.  They've renewed Supernatural for the 12 season.  Reign somehow keeps getting renewed.  

6 hours ago, Dr. Pepper said:

You never know with the CW.  They've renewed Supernatural for the 12 season.  Reign somehow keeps getting renewed.  

Fair point. But as long as they keep renewing iZombie I don't really have to care what they do on shows I probably won't be watching next year.

On 18/04/2016 at 5:49 PM, Vels said:

Does it get any better? I thought the 2nd half of season 1 was pretty ordinary. The acting is really bad - especially Oliver! Characters take massive leaps of logic because the plot demands that they be suspicious of someone...

Should I just accept this as part of the show's charm? I first watched Daredevil and Jessica Jones and really enjoyed those so I thought I'd give this comic book TV show a try but have been a bit disappointed so far.

I thought Slade Wilson's arc was the high point of the show. So if you don't like it at the end of season 2 I would just not watch any further, because it gets much worse. I don't think its in Daredevil's solar system, at any point, and JJ is a different type of show. 

Archived