Arrow Season 4: For the Night is Darhk and Full of Terrors...

Jaxom 1974

9 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

I just realized that Laurel's 'death' had almost zero impact on me.  I'm not sure if it's that she's just had no story this season, or that I was too busy rolling my eyes that she carried a picture of herself around and then called Oliver the love of her life despite him treating her like shit, or if it's just that I never expect anyone to actually stay dead on these shows.  

Or maybe it's the fact that she was a poorly-written, selfish,uberhypocrite of a character.

Just now, Red Tiger said:

Yeah, no, fuck that rule.

OK, if you want to play that way... Given that Sarah can travel through time these days, she will revive Laurel by the end of the Season. Or Flash will do so. And then you will stop watching it on weekly basis once again :)

10 minutes ago, Risto said:

OK, if you want to play that way... Given that Sarah can travel through time these days, she will revive Laurel by the end of the Season. Or Flash will do so. And then you will stop watching it on weekly basis once again :)

Read #5 on this

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/04/05/5-teases-for-arrow-season-4-eleven-fifty-nine

I am a forgiving person, so I will forgive you for looking like a smug dumbass.

1 hour ago, sifth said:

So she's perfectly fine one minute and suddenly dying the next. This episode was either badly written or a fake death. I'm sorry, but that's the only way I can look at it.

Bloodclot. I believe that's the standard go-to medical condition on TV if you want to briefly fake out the audience and make them think the character is going to be fine after all. Though given there appears to be exactly one room between the Starling and Central City hospitals, maybe the medical care in the Arrowverse is just this useless. Too bad Oliver doesn't seem to have any more of his magical herbs.

23 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

I just realized that Laurel's 'death' had almost zero impact on me.  I'm not sure if it's that she's just had no story this season, or that I was too busy rolling my eyes that she carried a picture of herself around and then called Oliver the love of her life despite him treating her like shit, or if it's just that I never expect anyone to actually stay dead on these shows.  

The picture was really weird. I guess Oliver gave that back to her at some point?

I think it was a bad call to not have her last scene be with her father. That's the best relationship they've created for the character (and given how thouroughly fucked up even that relationship is, that's saying something).

Just now, Jon AS said:

Bloodclot. I believe that's the standard go-to medical condition on TV if you want to briefly fake out the audience and make them think the character is going to be fine after all. Though given there appears to be exactly one room between the Starling and Central City hospitals, maybe the medical care in the Arrowverse is just this useless. Too bad Oliver doesn't seem to have any more of his magical herbs.

The picture was really weird. I guess Oliver gave that back to her at some point?

I think it was a bad call to not have her last scene be with her father. That's the best relationship they've created for the character (and given how thouroughly fucked up even that relationship is, that's saying something).

Sad but true.

1 hour ago, sifth said:

So she's perfectly fine one minute and suddenly dying the next. This episode was either badly written or a fake death. I'm sorry, but that's the only way I can look at it.

I wonder if the show has the balls to explain why Oliver just can't call up Barry, to go back in time and fix this. lol

In-show reason:"Ollie, there is this time spectre thingy following me"

Real reason:"Ollie, Laurel unlike Sarah was not a popular characater"

28 minutes ago, Red Tiger said:

Or maybe it's the fact that she was a poorly-written, selfish,uberhypocrite of a character.

They stopped writing her that way this season.  She's even had several enjoyable scenes and bits of dialogue.  She's been integrated well with the team.  Sure, half the time she was mostly background noise and nothing more than a supporting character in a mask, sort of like Roy.  But still, this season she wasn't a poorly-written, selfish-uberhypocrite of a character.  That's sort of why others theorized that she'd be the one to die.

I read somewhere that the writers didn't know who was in the coffin when the first episode this season aired.  So they didn't know Laurel might maybe die just a little when they started writing her better.  

I found this episode to be more decent than most... with the glaring exception of the idol plot!!! Wasn't that thing smashed to pieces by Vixen? SO WHY WOULD YOU PUT IT BACK TOGETHER? But hey leaving one piece out was a masterstroke, eh Diggle and Ollie? ;)

And I don't know why they had to troll us with Laurel, dying, then not dying, then dying. A better scene would have been for her to die in Ollie's arms in the prison.

Also, the actress will appear in The Flash as the Earth 2 version of Laurel Lance (not sure if just a short guest role, or recurring). But I have a feeling that she will plague team Flash until the writers decide it's time for the real Laurel to return thanks to Barry/team Legends time travelling shenanigans. 

27 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

They stopped writing her that way this season.  She's even had several enjoyable scenes and bits of dialogue.  She's been integrated well with the team.  Sure, half the time she was mostly background noise and nothing more than a supporting character in a mask, sort of like Roy.  But still, this season she wasn't a poorly-written, selfish-uberhypocrite of a character.  That's sort of why others theorized that she'd be the one to die.

I read somewhere that the writers didn't know who was in the coffin when the first episode this season aired.  So they didn't know Laurel might maybe die just a little when they started writing her better.  

IGN

But if you've got a character that's either horrible or background noise, you're not gonna be very invested in keeping her on the show.

4 minutes ago, Jon AS said:

And yet they kept Laurel around for four seasons while killing off better characters.

I know, I also find it dissappointing that they killed of Ra's, but constantly find ludicrous reasons to keep Merlin alive.

2 hours ago, Bastard of Boston said:

I look forward to this show continuing to suck, without people having Laurel to blame. You can kill off as many characters as you want, there will always be new, exciting, more sucky characters to take their places, given these showrunners.

Pretty sure no one blamed Laurel for dragging the show down this year. It was Felicity I believe.

2 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

Not just this year. When she's up she's annoying and when she's down I want to gouge my eyes out.

The fact that she was hardly in this episode, really improved the quality of it, IMO

Archived