Arrow Season 4: For the Night is Darhk and Full of Terrors...

Jaxom 1974

7 hours ago, Corvinus said:

I said it before, I believe that Ollie has known all along about Darhk's magic powers, since that idol is the same Darhk had, but this will only come into play when the writers decide that it's appropriate. Season finale most likely.

Wait, there is any other way of him recalling things he already knew? :)

6 hours ago, Jon AS said:

More impressively, it's another week of Laurel feeling like an asset to the show. At this point I'd say odds are 50/50 it's her or her dad in the grave.

Well, here is a sentence one could have never seen it coming :) She needs proper Hawkeye farewell..

On 3/31/2016 at 10:10 AM, Jon AS said:

The episode definitely had a higher density of jokes than usual, but it also moved all the various plots forward.

More impressively, it's another week of Laurel feeling like an asset to the show. At this point I'd say odds are 50/50 it's her or her dad in the grave.

Then it's likely a case where I just wasn't paying attention.  Honestly, I hated the bee woman the first time we saw her and nearly burst the vessels in my eyes by rolling them so hard at the first pun.  I don't get why they make her try to so hard.  Do they think the audience won't get it, especially after the first time when the two hour stress on the "bee" sound of a word?  

Yes about Laurel.  It's so great that they are finally writing her well.  She feels like an actual character now.  It's a shame the early seasons are tainted with the horrid writing for her.  

14 hours ago, Dr. Pepper said:

Yes about Laurel.  It's so great that they are finally writing her well.  She feels like an actual character now.  It's a shame the early seasons are tainted with the horrid writing for her.  

Which is why I feel that them writing her out is a real possibility now. It strikes me as boneheaded enough that the writers would think themselves very clever for doing it.

Laurel can go as far as I'm concerned.  Better writing or no, and I'm still far from sold on the abilities of the actress regardless of writing, she remains an anchor on the show.  

Overall, the show needs some general culling of characters. 

On 31/03/2016 at 3:10 PM, Jon AS said:

The episode definitely had a higher density of jokes than usual, but it also moved all the various plots forward.

My money's still on it being Quentin. He's had two really deep heart-to-heart's with Ollie this season where he's basically spoken to him (Oliver) about why he always has to shoulder the blame/accept responsibility for everything that happens whether it is his fault or not and

Spoiler

the conversation Oliver has with Barry in the initial season promo at the graveside reflects that topic.

Hopefully this season marks the end of the flashbacks.  Not only do they continue to serve little to no purpose, but they've been reduced to 60 second snippets (which still feels way too long).

A lotta nice little touches to the maintenance of continuity between Arrow and Flash this episode.

I agree that it's likely Captain Lance in the coffin...

Nooo I want to see Ollie with the Russian Bratva :)

12 minutes ago, Cadiva said:

My money's still on it being Quentin. He's had two really deep heart-to-heart's with Ollie this season where he's basically spoken to him (Oliver) about why he always has to shoulder the blame/accept responsibility for everything that happens whether it is his fault or not and

Reveal hidden contents

the conversation Oliver has with Barry in the initial season promo at the graveside reflects that topic.

Nooo I want to see Ollie with the Russian Bratva :)

That ship had sailed and makes zero sense within the framework of the existing flashbacks.

Just now, Jaxom 1974 said:

That ship had sailed and makes zero sense within the framework of the existing flashbacks.

I'm hoping it's going to be where the season five flashbacks take the story.

18 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Overall, the show needs some general culling of characters. 

That's true. It's just that 3 years ago, getting rid of Laurel would have dramatically improved the show. Now it'd still be an improvement, but it'd be be simply by virtue of freeing up screentime. It's hard to imagine the character doing as much damage to the narrative in the future as she's done in the past.

1 hour ago, Jon AS said:

That's true. It's just that 3 years ago, getting rid of Laurel would have dramatically improved the show. Now it'd still be an improvement, but it'd be be simply by virtue of freeing up screentime. It's hard to imagine the character doing as much damage to the narrative in the future as she's done in the past.

Yes. I agree. But I also think opening up screen time will allow for new characters, or more interesting characters, to emerge.

Laurel hasn't had an arc all season. Her screen time has been standing around during scenes. Unless it's as a result of an otherwordly sacrifice to the TV Gods, how can getting rid of a character with no presence this season have an impact? The same shitty characters getting screen time will just get more screen time. The Black male version of Felicity just got added as a series regular next season. Because the best way to fill a void would be with another version of Felicity. Can't wait.

Well that was...not expected...

But for the sake of drama, they kinda forgot that they just outed everybody, didn't they?

But I did kinda drift my mind that way when I saw pics online from an upcoming Flash guest appearance...

"Damien Dahrk gets his power from this evil head-thing... and they'll be coming after it..... so lets leave it out in the open here on this table in this unlocked clear glass box, because locking it up would be stupid....oh, but we'll hide a piece of it in Diggle's apt .... they'll never find it there"

"Doctor, help this woman and please ignore that she's dressed like the Black Canary.... and neither should you make the obvious connection that all of her friends who comes to see her has a masked vigilante doppelganger"

But on the bright side, Laurel in a box

2 hours ago, Knight of Ashes said:

This may not be a sentiment shared by many but that stung.

The last scene with Oliver and Lance was surprisingly affecting.

That seemed pretty definite, and I don't see what reason the characters would have for faking Laurel's death (not that that would stop the writers on this show...), so I'm going to assume this really means she's permanently off the show. Rather interesting move by the standards of a writing team that refused to give up on the character for so long even when it was clearly to the detriment of their show.

17 minutes ago, Jon AS said:

The last scene with Oliver and Lance was surprisingly affecting.

That seemed pretty definite, and I don't see what reason the characters would have for faking Laurel's death (not that that would stop the writers on this show...), so I'm going to assume this really means she's permanently off the show. Rather interesting move by the standards of a writing team that refused to give up on the character for so long even when it was clearly to the detriment of their show.

Apparently there's this mysterious promise Laurel asked Ollie to make, according to the A.V. article (sorry, hard to provide a link on my cell).  I didn't catch it, all I got was the photograph of her, her being glad that Ollie found Felicity, and that Ollie was the love of Laurel's life.

If there was a promise, please no Lyanna and Ned jokes. 

So she's perfectly fine one minute and suddenly dying the next. This episode was either badly written or a fake death. I'm sorry, but that's the only way I can look at it.

I wonder if the show has the balls to explain why Oliver just can't call up Barry, to go back in time and fix this. lol

I just realized that Laurel's 'death' had almost zero impact on me.  I'm not sure if it's that she's just had no story this season, or that I was too busy rolling my eyes that she carried a picture of herself around and then called Oliver the love of her life despite him treating her like shit, or if it's just that I never expect anyone to actually stay dead on these shows.  

Archived