On the show, are Sansa and Jon destined for each other's arms?

A Ghost of Someone

3 minutes ago, Joan Jett said:

I wouldn't and I'm a huge fan of her. She wants a pack, so why can't she form her own pack by having a family?

Arya parallels Egg in many ways, when he was a kid he was totally not interested in girls or having kids at all, yet he fell in love and had a family. 

Point taken.

34 minutes ago, josekk said:

Yes, but they see each other as siblings. I don't know, maybe in the ASoIaF universe it'd be completely normal, but is still weird. 

There's a problem with that argument.

If Jon is going to end up with someone...it will be a member of his family. Either one of his sisters (actually cousins) or his aunt. I don't really think there's room for anyone else, except, maybe, Val, Alys Karstark or Mel (but I cannot think of these ones as "endgame" partners)

On his original outline, Arya and Jon fell in love BEFORE they knew they were cousins. So, I don't really think Martin would give a crap about the whole incest thing. If he wants to make Jon fall in love with his sisters or his aunt, he will. And he may even do it before Jon gets to know about his true parents.

Now, Jon won't think of Dany as family. I'm pretty sure of that. He didn't grow up with her. That's the only angle I can see in which Martin avoids the incest part. Sure, Dany is Jon's aunt...but she's actually younger than him, and she's a Targ, just like Jon.

So, I don't believe the incest argument can be defended if one has paid attention to the series. Any future romantic relationship for Jon (if there's one) is going to be an incestous one.

Unless, of course, Martin brings up a new character. Who knows. I really doubt it, but, with George...you never know.

That's why I hope and believe Jon will remain single till the end.

I really hope Jon doesn't end with either of his cousin. There's no reason why Jon would marry his cousins aside from continuing the Stark bloodline, but i doubt Jon is going to survive at the end of the series. Plus Kit Harrington hooking up with Maisie or Sophie would squick out fans. 

I feel Jon and Sansa's relationship will remain brother and sister, I didn't sense any romantic tension in their scenes only love for each other as siblings even if she was terrible to him before everything went down.

I like how people around here seem to act like Jon has already been revealed as Rhaegar and Lyanna's child by the show or GRRM. Yes it seems very likely that is will be the big mystery behind Jon's parentage, it does all seem to make sense. The mysterious promise Ned Stark made to his dying sister. The blue winter rose in Dany's vision. And any other explanation would seem lame after keeping the secret this long in the story. Though I'm not sure what the fact will mean for Jon Snow if it ever is revealed.

7 hours ago, The Arthur Smith said:

I really hope Jon doesn't end with either of his cousin. There's no reason why Jon would marry his cousins aside from continuing the Stark bloodline, but i doubt Jon is going to survive at the end of the series. Plus Kit Harrington hooking up with Maisie or Sophie would squick out fans. 

I think the squids is sort of the point but also this based if GRRM's landmarks. 

Kit, Maise and Sophie weren't even stars or in the latter two's cases born when he thought up his ending 

Jon and Sansa are clearly going to be the new Ned and Cat in the North, all the other Starks will fall but they're going to start a new pack of Wolves and repeat History, Jon will be beheaded for leaving the Night's Watch and his sons will be forced to watch "Dont look away, Father wil know"

3 hours ago, RockyRagnarok said:

Jon and Sansa are clearly going to be the new Ned and Cat in the North, all the other Starks will fall but they're going to start a new pack of Wolves and repeat History, Jon will be beheaded for leaving the Night's Watch and his sons will be forced to watch "Dont look away, Father wil know"

..........wow.

3 hours ago, RockyRagnarok said:

Well that escalated quickly.

Its being foreshadwed this season

1. Their common goal of destroying the Boltons and reclaiming the North, Baelish is putting a bug in Sansa's ear that her Half Brother will have a claim on Winterfell (Bran and Rickon will not make it out alive, Bran lives on via the Weirnet) This will lead to Sansa not Jon coming up with the plan to inter marry thus legitimizing Jon as a Stark and they may even raise Ramsey's bastard as their own(if he isnt impotent, which could explain some of his rage, we did see him have sex with Miranda, yet no sons?)

2. The Tower of Joy will confirm that Jon is Sansa's cousin and True King of Westeros (which he'll refuse like Ned after the Mad King)

3. All the little details like

Igritte and Sansa are both Red Heads, leading me to believe Sansa will be kissed by Fire (Jon the Dragon) Jon and Igritte were married in the old ways and he buried here in the old ways, thus he is free to marry

Sansa was a PoW, and thus here marriages are all a farce, plus Tyrion is a Kingslayer and Ramsey(in show) is a bastard lunatic and will be erased from the history books

Sansa wanted to marry a prince and we all know who is being told he is the prince that was promised(in show only ATM)

Jon wanted to have a true born family, he didn't want to father possible bastards, he wants to sire his own pack... I can only hope Ghost gives birth to a new litter before the end of the Story

Sansa is a good leader and advisor, she'll be a perfect match for Jon, she'll love him and rule after his inevitable death at the hands of the Night's Watch...

On 5/24/2016 at 0:24 PM, RockyRagnarok said:

I can only hope Ghost gives birth to a new litter before the end of the Story

That would require him either finding a female mate or turning female since he is male. Either way, he is not giving birth to pups

On May 24, 2016 at 3:04 AM, Ruhail said:

Why would Jon ever want to get a girl who:

1) He barely thinks about or talks to

2) The living embodiment of Catelyn

3) Is his family member

For Sansa's claim. She has the Stark name but is a girl, he's a son of a Stark but also a bastard.

Put them together.

Jon's also doomed to bang a family member if he doesn't die beforehand. If it's not Sansa then it's Daenerys who is more closely related to him

Archived