Bakker XLI Redux: Measure is Still Unceasing (And a date is revealed for The Great Ordeal)

Rhom

It's a little of both.  The womb plague was actually just an STD that some cunuroi caught from banging an inchie or emwama.  Esmi's line was resistant to it, which Kellhus can tell because awesomesauce.  And since the Dunyain or at least Anasurimbor's have nonman blood, Esmi's resistant strain of uterus is a premo Dunyain baby factory.

Or, she has a touch of Nonman blood, that's what I've always thought as to why she's able to bear his seed. Pure speculation.

No pls. That reminds me too much of bad fanfic where every character is part dragon/god/whatever the fuck to make them special because the author otherwise can't write interesting characters for shit. She's special enough as is - not unique, mind you. I'm sure Kelhus could find a comparable female to mate with if he scoured the whole world but given the limited time he had (what with the war he had to prepare and all) she was the most... logical choice.

No pls. That reminds me too much of bad fanfic where every character is part dragon/god/whatever the fuck to make them special because the author otherwise can't write interesting characters for shit. She's special enough as is - not unique, mind you. I'm sure Kelhus could find a comparable female to mate with if he scoured the whole world but given the limited time he had (what with the war he had to prepare and all) she was the most... logical choice.

But Kellhus did indeed mate with many, many more females as we find out in AE. So something is special about Esme, in regards to bearing Kelhuss's children. Non of the others even brought the baby to term. IIRC, the all died or the babies were abominations. Something sets Esme apart.

Hey, new poster here.

Does anyone else think its obvious that the "Aspect Emperor" that the white-luck warrior kills is Fanayal after he conquers Momemn? It seems like Kellhus was setting this up primarily to trick the Gods, there are frequent references to them not seeing the world the way humans do and might not be able to tell the difference between two tyrants ruling in Momemn so close together in time.

I had something else to quote that was pertinent to this conversation but I'll let someone else do that.

Otherwise, I had to share because I found it fucking hilarious, especially in these wee hours after work. On a serious lark, Quinthane has done a series of minimalist comics detailing the series, which I encourage him in at every correspondence, jokingly, then seriously, entitled Doom County.

In chronological order (not published order), though I hope he'll work to complete the whole saga as it stands:

0. Cast

1. The Dimness That Comes In Front

2. Shimeh. How Far. Dang.

3. Trapper Study 101

4. Sranc Moot

5. First Nonman Met

6. FNM (Continued)

7. Hey!!

8. Moe Foe

9. Out Of Steppe

10. Cooked Rabbit

11. OnStar

12. Akkas World Breaking Song

13. Pretty Bease

14. Nay Youre Crazy

Here's to hoping our illustrious narrator will fill in the gaps.

Hey, new poster here.

Does anyone else think its obvious that the "Aspect Emperor" that the white-luck warrior kills is Fanayal after he conquers Momemn? It seems like Kellhus was setting this up primarily to trick the Gods, there are frequent references to them not seeing the world the way humans do and might not be able to tell the difference between two tyrants ruling in Momemn so close together in time.

I don't know about obvious, but it is certainly a plausible explanation of why Kellhus is letting the Empire fall apart in his absence.

Yea but she could have just the right combination of genes without some kind of special snowflake ancestry. Sort of like albinism is rare in humans but they aren't necessarily descendants of aliens, hm?

yea, but seeing how on Earwa there are aliens, dragons, Nonmen, scran, sorcerors, that little comparison means nothing, hmm?

ETA: we have had theories saying the Dûnyain are part Nonmen, a Nonwoman used as a Axlotl tank and so on. We kow Nonman have mated with humans from the almanac. In my mind its reasonable. But, in the end, it doesn't truly matter what makes Esme give Kelhuss so many kids that aren't abominations. Nevertheless, she does though. And to H's point, Maithenet was the only one Moe had the wasn't a defect, he drowned the rest.

Interesting theory, I don't know if anyone has ever explicitly brought it up before.  I am not sure Fanayal would set himself up as Aspect Emperor though.  He isn't a Cishaurim (that we know of, and it would be weird if we didn't know that), and they are the holy men to the Fanim.  It seems like his title would have to be something else. 

Good first post though, and welcome to the board!

nice. you don't have a stoma, do you?

does the bird tell CuS to kill IC? forgot that detail through the years, i guess.

Lol. Kellhus and the Nonman "Sup?" Yeap, Aurang harasses Cnaiur after giving him a bunch of booze and drugs because he wants him to help the skin-spies hunt Kellhus and Moenghus and Cnaiur seems to want to sit and figure out the Dunyain's riddle.

I had something else to quote that was pertinent to this conversation but I'll let someone else do that.

Otherwise, I had to share because I found it fucking hilarious, especially in these wee hours after work. On a serious lark, Quinthane has done a series of minimalist comics detailing the series, which I encourage him in at every correspondence, jokingly, then seriously, entitled Doom County.

In chronological order (not published order), though I hope he'll work to complete the whole saga as it stands:

0. Cast

1. The Dimness That Comes In Front

2. Shimeh. How Far. Dang.

3. Trapper Study 101

4. Sranc Moot

5. First Nonman Met

6. FNM (Continued)

7. Hey!!

8. Moe Foe

9. Out Of Steppe

10. Cooked Rabbit

11. OnStar

12. Akkas World Breaking Song

13. Pretty Bease

14. Nay Youre Crazy

Here's to hoping our illustrious narrator will fill in the gaps.

Doom County?  Now I'm having this weird mental image of Bill the Cat as Kellhus :o

Lol. Kellhus and the Nonman "Sup?" Yeap, Aurang harasses Cnaiur after giving him a bunch of booze and drugs because he wants him to help the skin-spies hunt Kellhus and Moenghus and Cnaiur seems to want to sit and figure out the Dunyain's riddle.

Hey Madness,

I've been trying to sign up to TSA for over a week now to take part in the group reread. Is there any way to accelerate the process of approving my account? My user name is morkypep. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Archived